What do you guys think about this?
1. DE Sam Montgomery
2. S Matt Elam
3. S Bacarri Rambo
4. LB Jelani Jenkins
? (Willie Young maybe) - Suh - Fairley - Montgomery
Jenkins/Lewis - Tulloch - Levy (re-sign)
Houston - ? (Free agent pickup?)
Elam - Rambo
Risky to have 2 rookie safeties but it would save us some money by not re-signing Delmas. I like Delmas but he cannot stay healthy.
But man, we need some offensive lineman too. A lot of holes on this team...
Last edited by StriveGreatness; 11-18-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Giovanni Bernard from North Carolina
AAT: Miguel Cabrera-BA: .386 Hr: 12 RBI: 49
Dennard looked nice at RB Saturday... Just saying
Sam Montgomery in the 1st and Tony Jefferson in the S. Re-sign Delmas cheap and sign another vet FA safety who can play decent still. Then if Delmas goes down you have a competent S to replace him. Montgomery replaces KVB. Re-sign Avril to a lower deal, since he's basically done nothing to deserve a big money deal.
So that's what you need to get with Elisha Cuthbert
This safety class is real strong imo so I'm sure we'll get someone good. I really love Matt Elam's potential though.
Again with the cheap, and I'm not picking on you or anything, but some teams have A LOT of cap space and will be willing to overpay for guys like Delmas and Avril based on potential and some of their on the field production.
Seven Round Mock:
1. Demarcus Milliner CB Bama, A No. 1 caliber DB who would start right away. Improves the secondary overall.
2. David Amerson CB/S NC State, I know taking DBs back to back seems a little extreme but there is not a better player available. He can play corner or safety and has shut down potential.
3. William Gholston DE MSU, he has had a down season but has a lot of athletic ability. Give him a season and he could be the next Jason Pierre-Paul
5. Marquess Wilson WR Washington State, the lions need a No. 2 receiver that is not named Burleson or Young. They both are terrible. Wilson may have some character issues but has the ability to be a premier target. He is tall and can catch everything thrown his way.
6. Denard Robinson QB/RB/WR/KR/PR, he is multi purpose and if available here he can play a variety of positions. He will never be a successful full time QB, but maybe he can be a wildcat option where if something is wide open he can throw it. Otherwise you will see him catching, running, and returning most of the time.
7. James Wilson G Florida, has played well for Florida this season. Can play almost every position. Would be a 2nd day pick if injuries had not plagued him early in his career. Was a four star recruit out of college.
I know the o-line was not addressed in the draft. If the lions do address it I think we grab a tackle in FA. The amount of talent at that position is crazy and if we can clear some space we can get someone at a pro bowl level.
Can Manti Te'o play outside?