Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    i think OL is our biggest need atm.. our "piss poor CBs" are doing very well as they do every year for last 4 years..

tackling needs to inprove but that seems to be mostly on the LBs and S

but the line is the oldst part of the team i think.. seem like it any way.. and new C and RG be nice.. gos is doing ok this year.. pop RR over at LT and i think we will be fine
    Barrett Jones is the type of player our FO likes. Versatile. Can play both guard spots, center and probably RT. I'm not entirely sure he could handle LT in the NFL. It's early but he's probably my favorite for our 1st round pick.

Though I would love to land Jarvis Jones but we'd have to give up a lot to get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I either want a speed running back or a good run blocking o-linemen
    1. Barrett Jones
    2. Kenjon Barner
    3. Bacarri Rambo (safety)

Fills 3 things we desperately need. A scat back, a safety to pair up with Delmas and a tough SOB in the middle of our OL.

Edit: We fill those but at the same time, I feel like we wouldn't be reaching on any of them. Mocks have Barner in 4-5 range but I bet he jumps to Rd 2 after the Combine and leading up to the Draft. (I feel like some people don't realize how good Barner is...maybe DAT is just overshadowing him)
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 11-04-2012 at 06:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    1. Barrett Jones
    2. Kenjon Barner
    3. Bacarri Rambo (safety)

Fills 3 things we desperately need. A scat back, a safety to pair up with Delmas and a tough SOB in the middle of our OL.

Edit: We fill those but at the same time, I feel like we wouldn't be reaching on any of them. Mocks have Barner in 4-5 range but I bet he jumps to Rd 2 after the Combine and leading up to the Draft. (I feel like some people don't realize how good Barner is...maybe DAT is just overshadowing him)
    How the hell is Barner in the 4-5 range for RB's. That is the **** I don't understand. The rankings for RB is too flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    RB is a disposable position and the fact that he can't be a feature back due to his size makes him less appealing early on. Look at LaMichael James last year and where he went.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    RB is a disposable position and the fact that he can't be a feature back due to his size makes him less appealing early on. Look at LaMichael James last year and where he went.
    Still. He looks like the best scat back in College Football. He should be in the back end of the 1st early 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    Barrett Jones is the type of player our FO likes. Versatile. Can play both guard spots, center and probably RT. I'm not entirely sure he could handle LT in the NFL. It's early but he's probably my favorite for our 1st round pick.

Though I would love to land Jarvis Jones but we'd have to give up a lot to get him.
    RR looks like the real deal... we dont need a LT we have one in him...

i would like to see if fox or (hillerd if hes still with us honstly dont know) try RG anf get a C.. and this guy sounds as good as any..

just think S or LB in the 1st and C or OG in 2nd and 3rd be best bang for buck but who knows

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    i cant ee us drafting a WR or RB.. maybe a TE... but not a WR or RB plez unless its 5th or later

I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    RR looks like the real deal... we dont need a LT we have one in him...

i would like to see if fox or (hillerd if hes still with us honstly dont know) try RG anf get a C.. and this guy sounds as good as any..

just think S or LB in the 1st and C or OG in 2nd and 3rd be best bang for buck but who knows
    Reiff looks real good in the run game. I like that package they use him in. Almost always effective. Though, I still wish they would bench Cherilus and start Reiff.

There's actually a lot of good safeties in this class. Tony Jefferson, T.J. McDonald, Matt Elam, Eric Reid are just a few so I could see us grabbing one of them. Jarvis Jones is the best LB in this class, kind of like a Von Miller. I'm all for trading up for the guy.

i cant ee us drafting a WR or RB.. maybe a TE... but not a WR or RB plez unless its 5th or later
    Don't be surprised when we grab a back in the 1st 3 rounds.

vCash
    as long as we get either a good guard or center I will be happy.

I would expect the following positions answered in the draft not in any particular order though.

G
    C
    DE
    S
    RB
    KR

vCash
    I really want Barrett Jones from Alabama
    Barrett Jones would fit in great here. Start him at RG a year then slide him over to OC
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Safety and DE (assuming Avril walks) gotta be priorities 1A and 1B in the draft IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    as long as we get either a good guard or center I will be happy.

I would expect the following positions answered in the draft not in any particular order though.

G
    C
    DE
    S
    RB
    KR
    we have tones of KR... we just wont use them... rater a K that can boot it out endzone evertime then a KR,,

vCash
    Reiff looks real good in the run game. I like that package they use him in. Almost always effective. Though, I still wish they would bench Cherilus and start Reiff.

There's actually a lot of good safeties in this class. Tony Jefferson, T.J. McDonald, Matt Elam, Eric Reid are just a few so I could see us grabbing one of them. Jarvis Jones is the best LB in this class, kind of like a Von Miller. I'm all for trading up for the guy.

Don't be surprised when we grab a back in the 1st 3 rounds.
    I like how they are using reiff.... If he was starting i dont think you can ask cherilus to come in in the packages that reiff has been coming in on, So i think we lose a package.

vCash
    Reiff is solid...but you can't really be a fan of a running package that requires an announcement of Reiff being an eligible receiver, essentially announcing to the world "this is going to be a run play"!

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quick mock for first 3 rounds

1. Jonathan Banks CB Mississippi St. 6'2 185
    reason: Big corner who can match up against the bigger receivers in our division. Good run defender as well and would fit well in our scheme.

2. Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma 5'10 210
    reason: First two picks both towards secondary? what??? Jefferson is apparently a high character guy with good leadership, re-signing Delmas and putting them together with the addition of Banks and hopefully with Houston back actually makes our secondary somewhat of a strength for the future.

3. William Gholston DE Michigan St. 6'7 285
    reason: We need to get our D line back to playing mean. Adding this guy (Assumingly in Avril's place) next to Suh and Fairley helps us do that.
    dont have a seizure cwick

Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast