Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Denard as punt returner and kick off returner

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I guess I just finally realized that rocket is the only one around here that knows anything and the rest of you guys are dicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I haven't seen the 1st 2 guys play yet this season(I wanted to catch the Oklahoma game Saturday morning but didn't). What's so great about Jefferson?

And I'd like to get a scat back. I have seen Barner play, he would fit our offense pretty well.

Jefferson-fs can also play the nickel, played kind of a lb hybrid last year. Is considered a high IQ player who could possibly slide over and play ss(Delmas plays fs). He is a 4.5 40. He is a guy who is looking to be moving up boards. Has been mocked mostly late first early 2nd. Not looked at as an elite talent but should be a really solid player. Has decent ball skills.

Trufant-cb has two bothers who pay in the nfl(Marcus and Isaiah). Has decent size 6'0 185. Has decent ball skills(6 career ball skills(keep in mind in college if your a good cb they don't throw it you very much)). Is a sub par tackle-preferring to attempt to tackle high or dive at ankles. Has good speed 4.49 40 speed. Has played in both man and zone schemes so can play in either, but looked at as a better zone coverage scheme.

vCash
    The problem with Denard Robinson is how high you take him. Your looking at a guy who will have to switch positions(most likely wr). If you take him based on his athletic talent and elite speed your looking a guy who could be taken in the 2nd round by a team willing to take a gamble at a guy who could develop and I just don't think the Lions can spend that high of a pick on an unknown. If your taking more like a 4-5 rd where you don't need these guys to contribute right away then yes he might be worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Denard as punt returner and kick off returner
    Ill pass on captain fumbles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hubacious75 View Post
    The problem with Denard Robinson is how high you take him. Your looking at a guy who will have to switch positions(most likely wr). If you take him based on his athletic talent and elite speed your looking a guy who could be taken in the 2nd round by a team willing to take a gamble at a guy who could develop and I just don't think the Lions can spend that high of a pick on an unknown. If your taking more like a 4-5 rd where you don't need these guys to contribute right away then yes he might be worth it.
    The second pick is where they like to roll the dice based on the last few years. It almost makes more sense than not now.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    The second pick is where they like to roll the dice based on the last few years. It almost makes more sense than not now.
    Makes sense....Robinson will more than likely not have a second round grade you picking him based on his athletic talent alone(we have also spent a 2nd rd picks in each of the last 2 years on the wr the position robinson will more than likely play in the pros). Also with huge needs in the secondary, possibly needing to replace one olb maybe both, Avril is no certain to be back, and a line that is need replaced as they are getting up there in age. Please explain to me how it makes sense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hubacious75 View Post
    Makes sense....Robinson will more than likely not have a second round grade you picking him based on his athletic talent alone(we have also spent a 2nd rd picks in each of the last 2 years on the wr the position robinson will more than likely play in the pros). Also with huge needs in the secondary, possibly needing to replace one olb maybe both, Avril is no certain to be back, and a line that is need replaced as they are getting up there in age. Please explain to me how it makes sense?
    Last year the Lions screwed up their 2nd pick.
    The year before the Lions screwed up their 2nd pick.
    In 2010 the Lions screwed up their 2nd pick.
    In 2008 the Lions screwed up their 2nd pick.
    In 2007 the Lions screwed up their 2nd pick.
    The Lions often screw up their 2nd pick.
    The Lions will screw up their 2013 2nd pick.

Picking Denard Robinson in the second round is a mistake.
    Making a mistake in the draft is screwing up.
    Teams picking Robinson in the second round will be screwing up.

The Lions will pick Denard Robinson because it will be a mistake/screw-up and the Lions screw up with their second pick.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    Just saying don't be surprised if the draft is less flashy and more functional, we have reached a point with this team where we need to use the draft to just take base player available.

vCash
    Denard Robinson in the 3rd round for us would actually be a good move. We could use him for more than just KR/PR (although that would be our biggest need).

We could use him in the running game as we tried to do with Logan and Best (when he played). He would be good for reverse/end-a-round plays in the running game.

I like Shawn Williams (Safety-Georgia) in the 1st round, Desmond Trufant (CB- Washington) in the 2nd round and Denard Robinson in the 3rd round.

We don't have a 4th round pick. As far as picks 5-7, too early to put anything together here.

Question for the group.......If Tyrann Mathieu (CB- LSU) is sitting on the board in the 3rd round or later, do you take a chance on him dispite his drug arrest in college?

vCash
    I am going to doubt that Mathieu enters the draft he would be better served if he goes back to school show he can stay clean and improve his stock. With that said I would draft him in the 3rd if he was available.

vCash
    Call me crazy but I would love to see D. Robinson running a couple end arounds every week and then one time a month he uncorks a jump ball 50 yards down the field to Calvin. Honestly, the one pass Denard is good at is the jump ball hail-Mary.

The Lions need a couple of wrinkles. I think the Reiff jumbo package is a nice wrinkle to have for now. Adding one more thing for the defense to prepar for is a good strategy that seems to work for teams like the 9ers and Steelers (from a few years ago).

Fish Pasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Ill pass on captain fumbles
    Id take him over captain kneel down....

vCash
    I would take him but I don't think we have the depth to take him in the 2nd.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Denards stock will rise or fall depending on what position he works out for at the combine and pro day. If he works out as a QB he will go higher than the late 3rd round. If he works out at receiver he could go in the second round. I see him being taken late 3rd early 4th. He provides not only the ability to be a returner/receiver/rb but you can also build a formation around him like denver did with tim tebow with denard as the qb. And if you ran him on a sweep you would not be able to jump on him until he crosses the line of scrimmage because he could just dump it over the top. He also could go on the depth chart as a back up or third string QB. Having him there opens up so many possibilities. He also allows you to keep depth at other positions. He could go down as a fourth or fifth receiver, 3rd QB, 3rd RB, and KR/PR. Thats 3-5 people mixed into one player instead of having 3 or four people on your roster it gives you room to keep another player at almost every other section of your team. An extra o and d lineman, linebacker, and secondary player would never hurt. He is never going to be a great QB but he has the potential to be one of the best multi-purpose players of all time.

vCash
    Quinn Sharp, P, Oklahoma State No. 13
    Iowa State at Oklahoma State, noon, FX

Yes, I'm sneaking a punter on the list this week. Nick Harris is doing a fine job, but the 34-year-old veteran is simply a stopgap. If you watched the 49ers play the Seahawks this Thursday, you saw San Francisco's Andy Lee boom a ball 66 yards to bury Seattle deep in their own territory late in the fourth quarter of a one-score game. The Lions need this kind of special teams weapon and Sharp could be the best option available.

An All-American honorable mention in 2011, Sharp has seen his punt average go up each of the past four seasons, topping out at 47.5 yards this year. He also kicks field goals, but that's not his future in the NFL. He could potentially be an option on kickoffs. He led the nation in touchbacks by a wide margin in 2011.
    http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...draft_w_5.html

We need to draft this guy, exactly what we need. Let Hanson just kick FGs
    dont have a seizure cwick

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast