Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^Yea Whitehead seems to of been a waste...Honestly i think Leshoure will pan out so i don't see the need for Lattimore as we really need to get that shut down corner at all costs at the top of the draft. We also need to keep getting younger on the O-Line. If we do take a stab at RB I wouldn't mind it being Ball in the later rounds.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSports View Post
    ^Yea Whitehead seems to of been a waste...Honestly i think Leshoure will pan out so i don't see the need for Lattimore as we really need to get that shut down corner at all costs at the top of the draft. We also need to keep getting younger on the O-Line. If we do take a stab at RB I wouldn't mind it being Ball in the later rounds.
    yea the past cpl weeks ive been leaning towards leshoure becoming a legit #1 RB I wasent too sure about him before but ive been watching alot of videos from Illinois and rewatching his runs from PS(i know its only preseason and college but i like the way the kid moves), We have had bad luck for quite some time with RBs and i think leshoure comes in and fills in the position and makes are team a two headed monster. I mean you can only miss on high pick RBs for soo long before one has to pan out right?

I could be wrong ( hope not )

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Also, keep in mind that we don't have a 4th round pick as it was traded to pick up Whitehead. We are all still waiting to see the logic in giving up a 5th and a 4th round for him.
    ^Yea Whitehead seems to of been a waste.
    After 2 games, you guys have come to this conclusion lol. What, do you expect him to be a starter? Over Levy and Durant?

Fwiw, he forced a fumble on special teams against the 49ers.

vCash
    Whitehead has been great on ST so far. Also got that FF against the 49ers on their first kickoff return.

Whitehead will need to develop, I think he was coming from a 3-4 school (where he played OLB), so it will take him a while to develop/fit in the scheme. Would not be shocked to see him start getting a lot more reps at LB as the season goes on.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    After 2 games, you guys have come to this conclusion lol. What, do you expect him to be a starter? Over Levy and Durant?

thank you.

i honestly believe he becomes another sammie hill steal but ppl at least recognized hill at the draft. this guy should be ok, IMO. couple year captain at temple, plays bigger and stronger than he is, ppl on our team admit to his strength, he aint no joke. give him time. i have a lot of faith in the guy, more than travis lewis to be honest. hes a man amongst boys in terms of the maturity that we see in ppls character during the draft
    Last edited by JMDTM; 09-21-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    Agreed! I really believe if we can upgrade Riola and Peterman, we'd be not good, but Great!
    i think peterman is a stud, IFFFFF we get a legit center next to him. he honestly does his job majority of the time, but centers and guards work together a lot and while 2 against 1 usually always wins, it can get difficult when the guy next to you loses leverage the way Raiola does.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post

I believe Ashlee Palmer forced the fumble...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I believe Ashlee Palmer forced the fumble...
    Nope, it was Whitehead and Florence recovered. I think Palmer was there on the tackle, but Whitehead was the one who ripped the ball loose.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    The part that concerns me right now (although I know it is still early) is that there are only 2 DBs out there right now (Dee Milliner; Alabama & David Amerson; NC State) being projected out as 1st round talent. With this position at a premium these days, they both will probably be gone by in the top 15 picks.

There looks to be some promising Safeties that may be available tho. I would be happy with that too in round #1.

As long as our first three picks go towards secondary and/or an "all purpose RB", I think we will be much improved.

vCash
    Too bad the Honey Badger went all Ricky Williams on LSU...I'm sure he would have been on top of all our Draft Boards

vCash
    **** draft em anyways. I'm done with dodging talent in positions of SEVERE need for personal issues. Every one of these guys seem to have personal issues.

Hell, all Ricky Williams every wanted was yoga and a joint. If a dude giving you 1000+ yards and millions upon millions of dollars of revenue can't get a damn spliff after being smashed up by 300+ LB guys for 60 minutes, then nothing is right in this world.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    **** draft em anyways. I'm done with dodging talent in positions of SEVERE need for personal issues. Every one of these guys seem to have personal issues.

Hell, all Ricky Williams every wanted was yoga and a joint. If a dude giving you 1000+ yards and millions upon millions of dollars of revenue can't get a damn spliff after being smashed up by 300+ LB guys for 60 minutes, then nothing is right in this world.

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post

AMEN to that!!

I still hate it when our guys get suspensions over it tho

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Too bad the Honey Badger went all Ricky Williams on LSU...I'm sure he would have been on top of all our Draft Boards
    This is perfect for us... he would have been a top 5 pick if he didn't smoke trees. If he's eligible for the draft, I hope the Lions take em

vCash
    Well it's about time for the NFL's substance abuse policy - and hell, the entire country for that matter - to take a step back and really analyze it going forward. Things that can HELP your performance, okay I get. But if a player were to smoke a joint before a game even...it's not like it gives him super strength to go out and have an edge on everyone.

Hell, if anything it'll make them run through their gatorade supply a heck of a lot faster.

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast