Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Tough to really compare because they play two different roles for their team

Hall has gotten 18+ minutes a night every year. Seguin got 12 minutes a night his rookie year and then 16 this past year. I'm more of a per TOI guy and when you look at them they are basically equal.

TOI/G - Hall (47:26) & Seguin (53:08)
    TOI/A - Hall (50:29) & Seguin (46:43)
    TOI/Pt - Hall (24:16) & Seguin (25:06)

I'd say Seguin is the more completely player but right now Hall is the better offensive threat. Had Hall not gotten hurt he'd probably have back to back 30 goal seasons.
    Taylor Hall is probably more rare because he has the potential to be an elite powerforward. How many powerforards do we really have atop of the NHL right now and in the past few years? Not many. Then you have even less that are around a PPG. I also think he'll be a more consistent player.

Down side. Taylor Hall's style has him around 65-70 games a year. I still don't think Taylor Hall's hockey IQ is that high. I thought it was low in juniors and it still is in the NHL. He makes a lot of bone head mistakes.

Two-way games are actually pretty similar. Tyler Seguin's been lucky to have the likes of Patrice Bergeron around. Taylor Hall's got talent now, but during his rookie season his best forwards (Hemsky, Horcoff) were injured often. It was he, and Eberle carrying the load.

Taylor Hall is forced to create more too.

Both are VERY, VERY, VERY similar players. You're obviously going to take less on a great-elite team (probably great, not elite).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    5.75 per. How was PC able to get his contract become less than Hall's contract amazes me.
    The power of Bobby Orr. (Hall's agent) haha

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Everyone should listen to this if you haven't already. Seguins statement.

http://www.csnne.com/09/11/12/Seguin...&feedID=10428#

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    Everyone should listen to this if you haven't already. Seguins statement.

http://www.csnne.com/09/11/12/Seguin...&feedID=10428#
    Here is the full link

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...3&feedID=10428

the one you posted led to the mobile site.
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Here is the full link

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...3&feedID=10428

the one you posted led to the mobile site.
    Oops my B. thanks

vCash
    In what world is Taylor Hall a power forward ? He's plays less physical than Bergeron and I dont think anyone considers Bergy. Powerforward

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    In what world is Taylor Hall a power forward ? He's plays less physical than Bergeron and I dont think anyone considers Bergy. Powerforward
    Lucic and Horton are a powerforward, Calling Taylor Hall a powerforward is like calling Phil Kessel a Powerforward.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Lucic and Horton are a powerforward, Calling Taylor Hall a powerforward is like calling Phil Kessel a Powerforward.......
    Yeah not really. Taylor Hall uses his body, and drives to the net. In this era, that's a power forward. How does he create his chances? Driving to the net.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Yeah not really. Taylor Hall uses his body, and drives to the net. In this era, that's a power forward. How does he create his chances? Driving to the net.
    He uses his body but to Seguins point, so does Bergeron. Not a power forward though. I feel Hall creates chances with his shot and his legs and yes going to the net. Simply driving hard on net does not make him a power forward though. It's actually kind of difficult to quantify/qualify. I'd equate Hall to maybe Lecavalier? Both have/use their size but not physical enough for me to feel comfortable calling them a power forward.

vCash
    Bran you and I are usually on the same page but I think you're out to lunch with this one. In two years he's been credited with something like 70 hits total.... It's certainly not te be all end all, and while it's an awful stat to go off of, the number is usually higher than it should be. He uses his body to get to the net, but just on the bruins: Paille, Bergeron, Kelly, Caron... The list goes on. Just because you get hit in front I the net doesn't make you a power forward. Hall plays absolutely nothing like Lucic or Iginlan or even a guy like Burrows.... He's very far from a powerforward

vCash
    Bran, I think you're looking more for the term Grinder rather than Power Forward. To me I consider them to be very different. A power forward is one who uses his body and force where as a grinder depends more on hard skating and nudges. You can't call Hall a power forward, but grinder could be argued.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Bran you and I are usually on the same page but I think you're out to lunch with this one. In two years he's been credited with something like 70 hits total.... It's certainly not te be all end all, and while it's an awful stat to go off of, the number is usually higher than it should be. He uses his body to get to the net, but just on the bruins: Paille, Bergeron, Kelly, Caron... The list goes on. Just because you get hit in front I the net doesn't make you a power forward. Hall plays absolutely nothing like Lucic or Iginlan or even a guy like Burrows.... He's very far from a powerforward
    I actually googled it. I found a poll on wheither or not he's a powerforward. The poll was something like 51/49. It is boardline. He doesn't throw too many hits, but he drives to the net using his body which is rare in today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Bran, I think you're looking more for the term Grinder rather than Power Forward. To me I consider them to be very different. A power forward is one who uses his body and force where as a grinder depends more on hard skating and nudges. You can't call Hall a power forward, but grinder could be argued.
    Draper was considered a grinder. Maltby do. What did these guys do? They threw their bodies around. They never scored much. A powerforward to me is someone that will drive to the net using their body. A player that will stand in front of the goaltender. Use his shoulder and drive, like I mentioned. I actually have your term of grinder and powerforward the other way around..considering Maltby-Draper-McCarty were called the grind line.

Taylor Hall isn't all the way there yet. He doesn't work as hard as he shoudl in corners. He doesn't throw his body around enough. He does put his head down and skates towards the net though.

He's boarderline..

vCash
    No he's not borderline because he is essentially the definition of a puffball when it comes to hitting lol. (maybe no so dramatic, but you get my point)

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    His best comparison may be a more skilled version of Nathan Horton.

vCash
    In ice hockey, power forward (PF) is a loosely applied characterization of a forward who is big and strong, equally capable of playing physically or scoring goals and would most likely have high totals in both points and penalties.[1] It is usually used in reference to a forward who is physically large, with the toughness to dig the puck out of the corners, possesses offensive instincts, has mobility, puck-handling skills,[2][3] may be difficult to knock off the puck[4] and willingly engage in fights when he feels it's required.[5] Possessing both physical size and offensive ability, power forwards are also often referred to as the 'complete' hockey player.[6][7]
    Wiki.

A lot of that is Taylor Hall. He's not as physical in the corner and throws as many hits as he should, but that described him pretty well. That was a definition of a powerforward.

In ice hockey, a grinder is a player better known for his hard-work and checking than his scoring.[1][2] A grinder is often a player who has limited offensive skills, but is valuable to a hockey team due to their physical forechecking skills especially along the boards; for "grinding along the boards".[3] The grinder is not in the spotlight as would be the offensively skilled scoring stars, but they are often fan favorites due to their work effort in games.[4] Thus the grinder is often the player who, by their willingness to endure the physical abuse of going into the corners to dig out the puck, often sets up the goals for the team's offensive stars. It is common belief in hockey that a good team needs a balance of scoring stars and grinders
    Wiki.

That is a definition of the word grinder.

Homie, like I said, you had it the wrong way. There is no way that you can call Taylor Hall a grinder. Your post

You can't call Hall a power forward, but grinder could be argued.
    Would you like to change your mind? Does Taylor Hall not have a game similar to a grinder? He's not all there, but he's only 20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12