Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    vCash
    2mr is the last cutty show

vCash
    Cutty said he already knew about Lovie being fired last week when he had to leave early. Said he just wanted to get out of there before the news broke

vCash
    "I am more than confident in Phil being able to do this, he's got it under control. He had a plan going into it, he's talking to a lot of people, he's very detailed, he's not going to hire anybody who's not getting along with anyone on the offense or defense."

I take it that Jay is suggesting Lovie didn't get along with Tice very well. Am I missing something?

vCash
    Shot at martz?

vCash
    I dont think its any of those. I bet there are concerns in the locker room that Emery is going to get an all offense guy and the D will be neglected, especially with how tight they were with Lovie. I think that addresses that aspect of the situation as opposed to past guys.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    I dont think its any of those. I bet there are concerns in the locker room that Emery is going to get an all offense guy and the D will be neglected, especially with how tight they were with Lovie. I think that addresses that aspect of the situation as opposed to past guys.
    This. A bunch of players probably felt really insecure about their standing on the team, and with the reports out that the Bears want to keep Marinelli around on D, it's a sign that Phil doesn't necessarily want to blow up the team like a traditional new coaching hire brings with it.

In Phil I trust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Cutler 'excited' about Bears' coaching search

Jay Cutler, perhaps the central conversation piece during the Bears’ coaching search, rang in the new year Wednesday with his final “Jay Cutler Show” radio appearance after a 2012 season that fell far short of expectations.
    Cutler addressed the Bears’ ongoing coaching search with co-hosts Marc Silverman and Tom Waddle on his WMVP-AM 1000 weekly segment Wednesday.

As Phil Emery continues his extensive coaching search for the successor to Lovie Smith, Cutler said he felt confident the general manager would make a solid decision.

“I am generally excited,” he said. “I have a lot of confidence in Phil Emery and everyone down there.”

Regarding Smith’s dismissal, Cutler said, “At first you are torn. I don’t want to second-guess any decision-makers. … We were close talent-wise, 10-6. It’s hard to justify firing a coach.”

Asked if he would prefer an offensive-minded head coach, Cutler said: “I don’t think it’s important … offense, defense.

“We have got to be more consistent with our run game, we have to be more efficient attacking the middle of the field.”

Cutler said he would be willing to talk to a final candidate if Bears management asked.

“But I am not going to petition for it,” he said. “Phil is not going to hire anybody who doesn’t get along with anyone on the team.”

The Bears ranked 29th in the NFL in passing last season. Cutler completed 255 of 434 passes (58.8 percent) for 3,033 yards and 19 touchdowns. He was intercepted 14 times and had a passer rating of 81.3.

Asked if he feels confident that he will be part of the Bears’ future with a new coach, Cutler initially said: “I don’t know, you just don’t know.”

But he later acknowledged Emery has told the media the new coach will be entrusted with bringing out the best in Cutler.

“There are a lot of assets with this team … yeah, I look at myself as an asset,” Cutler said. “You do a little bit of tweaking offensively and I think we will be OK. We’re very close to where we need to be.”

When Cutler was asked his reaction to recent media comments that he is a “coach killer,” Cutler responded: “They don’t know the situation that I have been in here. They sit in front of a camera and make broad strokes. … It bothers you but there is not much you can do. I don’t think the people of Chicago believe that.”

Cutler said he anticipates Smith will succeed in a new job.

“Really good coach, a really, really good coach,” he said. “Class act.”

The Bears finished out of the playoffs after a second-half slide for the second season in a row. Cutler and wide receiver Brandon Marshall teamed up for spectacular individual numbers. But Cutler and the Bears offense overall could not be counted on to produce, particularly against above-.500 competition.

Cutler said Marshall still has not gotten over missing the postseason. Marshall has yet to participate in an NFL playoff game during his career.

“He is taking the whole thing hard,” Cutler said. “We’re going to get it right in the coming years and B-Marsh will be there with me. B-Marsh has been to the Pro Bowl, he has set records … he wants a ring.”

The Bears finished 28th out of 32 NFL teams in total yards. They were 28th in yards per game, 16th in points per game.

Emery has told the media that Smith’s failure to improve the offense, as well as missing the playoffs five of the past six seasons, contributed to his firing.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,1905127.story

vCash
    Jay Cutler is Jeff George 2.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmethlo View Post
    Cool I remember when George was the MVP of the nfl

our future

vCash
    No you don't, Mike.

vCash

ESPN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmethlo View Post
    Thanks for your input.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post

ESPN.

No ****ing way is that **** real. Right? Like, that's photoshopped isn't it?

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash

The Jay Cutler Show on ESPN 1000

Real as rain

our future

vCash
    as far as I know, it's not fake. source.

that girl is ****ing hot though

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast