vCash

Time to rip Debo

Quote Originally Posted by debo
    Coaching Staff:
    1. Mike McCoy, Head Coach
    2. Jeremy Bates, Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach
    3. Rod Marinelli, Defensive Coordinator/DL Coach
    4. Dave Toub, Special Teams/Asst. Head Coach
    Reasoning: In Denver, McCoy helmed an offense which has been dynamic under a wide range of quarter back talents. Personally, I like Dennison more. However, McCoy's scheme relies on power blocking offensive linemen, and with our current and drafted linemen, keeping this system makes the most amount of sense. The playcalling will ultimately run through McCoy, but Bates will have a heavy hand in being the architect of the offense. On defense, we convince Hot Rod to stay and to work with the defense to retain our strength from 2012. Likewise, we retain the best special teams coach with the promise of exciting weapons to come...

Player Cuts:
    1. Devin Hester, KR/WR - His effectiveness has diminished, and ultimately he becomes a cap casualty.
    2. Matt Spaeth, TE - There's no reason to pay a blocking TE $2million in McCoy's scheme.
    3. Matt Toeaina, DT - As Stephen Paea becomes more effective, Toe becomes less necessary.
    4. Kellen Davis, TE - **** you, Kellen Davis.
    5. Dane Sanzensausage, WR - Formality.
    6. Cory Brandon, WR - We don't have a need for more players with two first names.
    7. Roberto Garza, OC - Sorry, Roberto. You're a cap casualty, and you'll see why shortly.
    RFAs and Tags:
    1. Nate Collins, DT - Right to First Refusal, will be resigned
    2. Anthony Walters, S - Not tendered.
    3. Johnny Knox, WR/Aluminum Monster - Not tendered.
    4. Henry Melton, DT - Franchise Tagged

Player Signings:

Resignings:
    1. Nate Collins, DT - 2yr/$1.5mil
    2. Israel Idonije, DE - 2yr/$4mil
    3. Nick Roach, LB - 3yr/$7mil
    4. Lance Louis, 1yr/$1.25mil
    5. Patrick Mannelly, Loooooong Snappah - 1yr/$1.25mil
    6. Kelvin Hayden, CB - 2yr/$1.75mil
    7. Amobi Okoye, DT - 1yr/$800k
    8. Cheta Ozougwu, DE - 1yr/$500k

Free Agents:

1. Matt Moore, QB - $800k
    2. Mike Kafka, QB - $700k
    3. Jerome Felton, FB - 3yr/$4mil
    4. Dustin Keller, TE - 3yr/$5.75mil
    5. Brandon Moore, OG - 3yr/$14mil
    Reasoning: Collins, Hayden, Cheta, and Okoye are straight up needs for depth. Izzy had a nice 2012 compared to his 2011 campaign, but he's not what he was. Resigning him provides depth while we work on Shea. Roach, sadly, will probably be our MLB in 2013. I'm a big Nick Roach fan, but he shouldn't be starting at MLB, but we don't have a better option for 2013. Lance Louis is resigned in hopes of being ready to play. If he cannot, he provides us a depth option if/when he can return. Patrick Mannelly is my favorite Bear...he's staying, goddamn it.

In free agency, Moore and Kafka provide inexpensive yet experienced backups. Signing Jerome Felton may be a pipe dream, but it does two things - 1. it takes a strength away from a division rival 2. it allows ERod to move into a H-Back type of role a la Chris Cooley or Aaron Hernandez (which he kind of filled anyway). Signing Dustin Keller gives us a TE in the mold of Greg Olsen and gives Jay a sure-handed big target at TE. Brandon Moore is my big name splash in FA. While he's 32, he has played outstanding football for the past half decade. He doesn't have many great years left in the NFL, but he will provide veteran leadership on an offensive line that needs it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo
    2013 NFL Draft:
    ***Trade 1st rounder to Miami for #42 and #56
    1. 2-42: Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
    2. 2-50: Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU
    3. 2-56: Khasheem Greene, LB, Rutgers
    4. 4-114: Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
    5. 5-155: Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
    6. 6-190: Michael Mauti, MLB, Penn State
    Reasoning: Barrett Jones at 42 is a "you don't pass on him" pick. It's possible that he doesn't fall that far, but I do think some of the questions of where he fits in the NFL could drop his stock. Bailey is a flashy, popular pick here. He immediately provides us a deep-threat playmaker, so taking him seems wise. As BCB mentioned in his mock, Khaseem is dirty, and he could help us transition into a newer, younger LB corps immediately. Gabe Jackson is a dirty pleasure of mine. Dude is a massive mauler, and if he comes out, he's a very sexy prospect. In the 5th round, Honey Badger is a low risk, potentially high reward type of guy. If he can fill DJ Moore's role and provide some flash in the return game, we'll have a great value pick. Michael Mauti is strictly a B1G Homer Pick.

Depth Chart:
    QB - Cutler, Moore, Kafka
    HB - Forte, Bush, Allen
    FB - Felton, Rodriguez
    TE - Keller, Rodriguez, Adams
    LT - Webb, Jones
    LG - Moore, Jackson, E. Williams
    C - Jones, E. Williams
    RG - Louis, Jackson, E. Williams
    RT - Carimi, Brown
    X - Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett
    Z - Jeffery, Bailey, Weems
    Slot - Bennett, Bailey, Weems

LDE - Wootton, Idonije, McClellin
    NT - Paea, Collins, Okoye
    UT - Melton, Okoye, Collins
    RDE - Peppers, Idonije, Cheta
    SLB - Greene, DiCicco
    MLB - Roach, Costanzo, Mauti
    WLB - Briggs, Greene, Thomas
    CB - Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, McMannis, Frey, Mathieu
    FS - Conte, Hardin
    SS - Wright, Steltz

K - Gould
    P - Podlesh
    LS - Mannelly
    KR - Weems, Bailey, Bennett
    PR - Weems, Mathieu, Bennett

General Info:
    This is a rebuild/see what happens year. Moore isn't a long term answer by any means, but putting him next to Webb may help to make Webb look like less of a liability until we can reasonably address LT in a different season. My plan would be to move Jones to LT if Webb sucks in the offseason, and if that's the case, Edwin Williams is your starting OC in 2013. Offensively, we have a coordinator who will play to our strengths, so some of the issues we saw with our line will be masked. Our long-term success truly depends on Gabe being able to get his head out of his *** and Webb being serviceable. IF both of those happen, I feel pretty comfortable about the line this mock trots out.

Defensively, we begin to transition away from a T2 to a more pure 4-3 front. While we're going to take some steps back with Roach at MLB, adding Greene and Mathieu could provide some incredible opportunities to develop a very strong young core of players.

The perception of this is going to rely on how you guys feel the OL will perform. I hate having Webb in there as much as anyone else, but realistically, I don't see a solution that makes sense for 2013 without him starting.

vCash
    I really like it actually. Best yet.

I like matt moore QB but not Kafka as 3

And Cory brandon is an OT with tremendous upside don't discount him til after the offseason, but definently not a WR

our future

vCash
    Debo also has 400k in cap space....

vCash
    Are you really spending much needed cap room on a fullback?

Sorry, I'm not going to support any of these ideas that trots out the same two OTs we've had the last 2 seasons.

OOTP TKO League Milwaukee Brewers 2010-2032:
    2011-1655, .549 Win %
    10 NL Central Titles, 2 Wild Card 12 Total Playoff Appearances
    1 World Series Title (2021)

Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you.

-Malcolm Reynolds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    Are you really spending much needed cap room on a fullback?

Sorry, I'm not going to support any of these ideas that trots out the same two OTs we've had the last 2 seasons.
    I agree. I don't mind giving Carimi another shot at tackle (or just don't sign Moore at all and play Louis and Carimi at the guard spots). But, we have GOT to sign a left tackle, if Webb is still there next year, we have no shot. Period. That said, I like the idea of signing a guy like Keller, or maybe Sheffler, especially with his history with Jay. We could also draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round if anyone is available. Whoever it is, they can't be as bad as Kellen Davis.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-07-2013 at 09:57 PM.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Yah I would rather have Cory brandon (WR)? than Webb

our future

vCash
    Any depth chart that has Webb starting at LT I can't go along with, and having a rookie guard as the back-up plan, no thanks.

Might be a reach on Bailey in the second, but I like the idea.

Cutler would love Keller in the passing game, but his blocking is more than suspect. The line would defiantly be improved, but JC will still get slaughtered on the edges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    Any depth chart that has Webb starting at LT I can't go along with, and having a rookie guard as the back-up plan, no thanks.

Might be a reach on Bailey in the second, but I like the idea.

Cutler would love Keller in the passing game, but his blocking is more than suspect. The line would defiantly be improved, but JC will still get slaughtered on the edges.
    For what it's worth, I do love the idea of having a tight end that can be trusted to catch wide open passes, so the defense can't just ignore the position, but yeah, first priority is certainly left tackle. Any above average left tackle will do. Honestly, I'd be totally in favor of trading our next two first round picks for one if its necessary. Use 2nd or 3rd round pick on Urlacher's replacement. Draft another tight end maybe in the 4th or 5th to compliment a guy like Sheffler or Keller, then just take a shot/get some depth with the 6th round. Whatever, just get a left tackle.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Debo loves Webbie Poo.

vCash

Time to rip Debo

I assumed Debo would trade for Chris Williams and move Webb to guard. It's his dream.

vCash
    Yeah I don't care what else Phil Emery does this off season. I don't care if he has to beg, borrow, or steal, but he absolutely MUST get a better starting LT than J'Marcus Webb next season. Absolute must. I don't care too much if Webb starts at RT, because I think his athleticism plays up there, but the Bears *have* to get a guy who is a clear upgrade. Trade multiple firsts, I don't care, get it done. Personally, I think at least one of these OTs that haven't signed extensions yet are getting free. Miami looks like they're ready to move on from Jake Long, I can't imagine the Saints are going to try to go bargain hunting on defense again... there's still theoretically Brandon Albert or Ryan Clady as options (although they could be tagged too). I swear to God I'd offer a first for the right to give a monster contract to either one of them at this point though.

OOTP TKO League Milwaukee Brewers 2010-2032:
    2011-1655, .549 Win %
    10 NL Central Titles, 2 Wild Card 12 Total Playoff Appearances
    1 World Series Title (2021)

Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you.

-Malcolm Reynolds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    Yeah I don't care what else Phil Emery does this off season. I don't care if he has to beg, borrow, or steal, but he absolutely MUST get a better starting LT than J'Marcus Webb next season. Absolute must. I don't care too much if Webb starts at RT, because I think his athleticism plays up there, but the Bears *have* to get a guy who is a clear upgrade. Trade multiple firsts, I don't care, get it done. Personally, I think at least one of these OTs that haven't signed extensions yet are getting free. Miami looks like they're ready to move on from Jake Long, I can't imagine the Saints are going to try to go bargain hunting on defense again... there's still theoretically Brandon Albert or Ryan Clady as options (although they could be tagged too). I swear to God I'd offer a first for the right to give a monster contract to either one of them at this point though.
    Hit the nail on the head. Couldn't have said it better myself. But seriously, we also need a tight end too. But yeah, use our 2nd on that or something, whatever. We don't need any big moves aside from a left tackle.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Somebody please tell me why everybody keeps talking about about Tony Scheffler? HE ISN'T A FREE AGENT!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    Somebody please tell me why everybody keeps talking about about Tony Scheffler? HE ISN'T A FREE AGENT!!!
    Huh. My bad, I could've sworn he was. You know who is a free agent though? Martellus Bennett, he'd be fantastic.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-07-2013 at 10:32 PM.

#VoteRizzo... or else

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast