Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    you mean like in Atlanta...
    You mean where he was surrounded by pretty much zero talent? At WR that is.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Did I really just see someone suggest we use reverses? Seriously? Dont we have enough trouble holding onto the ball?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Did I really just see someone suggest we use reverses? Seriously? Dont we have enough trouble holding onto the ball?
    jet sweeps were my suggestion. its a handoff

vCash
    i wonder if Andy is watching this game tonight?
    thats how you adjust, you take what the D gives you, they are getting pressure and not giving Rogers time to look down the field for the big plays in the 1st half. so in the second half, the WRs routs are adjusted to short underneath routs to allow Rogers to get the ball out quick before the pass rush can get there. they are chip blocking with the TE, doubling the edge rusher on Rogers blindside.

Andy and his guys needs to get it together, i am starting to believe this is about money,meaning we are calling these bad plays to make it look as if its Vicks fault and we can cut him and not pay Vick that 17 mill next year.

i say Play to Win and still cut him or restructure his contract!

either way, Andy Sucks with his game planning and in game adjustments.

this is interesting;

pass-heavy offense. Vick's 125 pass attempts are third in the NFL behind Drew Brees (137 attempts for the 0-3 Saints) and Carson Palmer (128 attempts for the 1-2 Raiders). Matthew Stafford (122 attempts for the 1-2 Lions) and Andrew Luck (122 attempts for the 1-2 Colts).

McCoy still plays for us?
    Last edited by strokeman; 09-25-2012 at 01:07 AM.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    i wonder if Andy is watching this game tonight?
    thats how you adjust, you take what the D gives you, they are getting pressure and not giving Rogers time to look down the field for the big plays in the 1st half. so in the second half, the WRs routs are adjusted to short underneath routs to allow Rogers to get the ball out quick before the pass rush can get there. they are chip blocking with the TE, doubling the edge rusher on Rogers blindside.

Andy and his guys needs to get it together, i am starting to believe this is about money,meaning we are calling these bad plays to make it look as if its Vicks fault and we can cut him and not pay Vick that 17 mill next year.

i say Play to Win and still cut him or restructure his contract!

either way, Andy Sucks with his game planning and in game adjustments.

this is interesting;

pass-heavy offense. Vick's 125 pass attempts are third in the NFL behind Drew Brees (137 attempts for the 0-3 Saints) and Carson Palmer (128 attempts for the 1-2 Raiders). Matthew Stafford (122 attempts for the 1-2 Lions) and Andrew Luck (122 attempts for the 1-2 Colts).

McCoy still plays for us?
    He's tied for 6th in attempts. Maybe, look things up before you pose questions like that. It's not like Vick's getting a bunch of passing attempts and we're ignoring McCoy. He's tied with Adrian Peterson with number of rushing attempts. He's averaging about 20 rushes a game. He's just four attempts away from being 3rd.

Maybe, the Eagles just get a lot of offensive plays in? Couldn't be that.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He's tied for 6th in attempts. Maybe, look things up before you pose questions like that. It's not like Vick's getting a bunch of passing attempts and we're ignoring McCoy. He's tied with Adrian Peterson with number of rushing attempts. He's averaging about 20 rushes a game. He's just four attempts away from being 3rd.

you're missing the point!

how many runs does he get in the first half? look at the pass to run ratio and tell me if your comment justifies our approach to every game.
    do you know that we kept 4 halfbacks and 1 fullback, that's 5 Running backs. our game-plan should be run the ball to open the pass, and a lot of PA passes.

face it we are not using schemes that gets the best out of the talent we have on both sides of the ball.

we play Nnamdi (best MAN-to-MAN CB in the NFL) in a lot of Zone, why pay these guys to experiment with them?

you pay a guy, well, tailor your schemes to fit him. we paid Vick, McCoy, Nnamdi, and Jackson; i dont see return on the money and it starts with our play-calling.

this was interesting.

Reid insisted that throwing down the field is “one of our strengths and has been over the last few years."
    “We’re going to take our shots,” he said. “That’s what we do.”
    As justification, Reid mentioned, “We’ve got explosive players.”

LINK
    http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...483&feedID=692

if you watch the GB vs SEA game you would see the adjustment they made to their game because Rogers was getting hit constantly. the WRs change their Routes to quick slants, underneath routes which allow Rogers to get the ball out before the pressure got there and they mixed in the run game.

how is Andy expecting the QB to get rid of the ball quickly when we are looking deep?
    i hope Andy gets fired and you will see how much of a difference a coach that is not stuck in his ways will make.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    McCoy is used at idiotic times too.

Perfect examples:

Eagles on own 5, dont run.
    3rd and long, run.
    1st and goal on the 1, dont run.

vCash
    Is it really crazy to think that Foles might be a better fit than a guy who is averaging close to 4 turnovers a game? I think if Foles were to be the starter it might make Andy consider more of a run first philosophy and to use less risky pass plays. Our defense looks amazing despite being on the field a majority of the game and playing with a short field a lot. If we cut down the turnovers our D would look even better. Maybe if Foles can come in and just manage the game we might be better off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
    Is it really crazy to think that Foles might be a better fit than a guy who is averaging close to 4 turnovers a game? I think if Foles were to be the starter it might make Andy consider more of a run first philosophy and to use less risky pass plays. Our defense looks amazing despite being on the field a majority of the game and playing with a short field a lot. If we cut down the turnovers our D would look even better. Maybe if Foles can come in and just manage the game we might be better off.
    why does he have to wait until there is a QB change to adjust his play calling? are you admitting that Andy Sucks?
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    ^ Well yeah Andy is obviously a big reason why, but Vicks bad decision making is another big part.

vCash
    I haven't read throgh the other 7 pages of this thread, but are people advocating starting Foles? To me, Vick has all of the 2012 season. He hasn't been put in a great position to succeed based on the playcalling and injuries to the offensive line. He's made very poor decisions at times, but honestly, who has looked good so far?

I might be over-simplifying this, but if we drew up more slants, quick-outs, and curls I think Vick could return to being an electrifying QB. He should run more as well, but I really think the offense opens up when he gets the ball out of his hands quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Short passing game. Play action. Rolling to his left. Designed runs. Use McCoy more to set up the pass.

Vick is capable, but not if he is expected to be a pocket passer.
    Boom. Why isn't this blatantly obvious to Andy and Marty?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    I haven't read throgh the other 7 pages of this thread, but are people advocating starting Foles? To me, Vick has all of the 2012 season. He hasn't been put in a great position to succeed based on the playcalling and injuries to the offensive line. He's made very poor decisions at times, but honestly, who has looked good so far?

I might be over-simplifying this, but if we drew up more slants, quick-outs, and curls I think Vick could return to being an electrifying QB. He should run more as well, but I really think the offense opens up when he gets the ball out of his hands quickly.
    no, i don't think he does. andy let his true feelings slip. this isn't a new issue. this is a since last 6 games of 2010 issue.

should we start foles? absolutely not

but does vick get the whole 2012 season? not in this lifetime. i'll put this guarantee here right now.

If Michael Vick doesn't improve by the bye week, if this turnover issue continues into the bye anywhere near the same pace, Nick Foles will be the starting QB out of the bye week. guaranteed, book it.

of course vick can prevent that by simply playing well these next 3 games, but if it doesn't he's benched.

vCash
    I think Vick could **** Reid's wife and the job is still his in 2012, regardless.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    for the people that want a QB change and not a coaching changing, if GB vs SEA wasnt enough to prove to you that you have to make in game adjustments when youre QB is being hit, here is a link for you guys.
    i tell, this is on Andy and his bad game planning, if you can call it game planning.
    http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012...-hits-on-vick/
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast