Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i'm actually becoming a fan of the idea of putting vick in the shot gun and assuring he gets about 10-15 carries a game.

vCash
    I'd love to see them bring back the TE throw-back that we used to run in goal-line situations
    SPACE

vCash
    and the shovel pass.

what the hell happened to that delayed handoff as well. maybe that was a jason peters play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    This.

I'm sure their are short to intermediate options available in the plays we call for Vick but he either refuses to throw to those options or he can't recognize defenses well enough to consistently find the open man. I think it is a combination of both.

Outside of a handful of games during his eagles career, he has not consistently shown the ability to operate the short area of the field. The fact that he still can't recognize blitzes (especially secondary blitzes off the edge) hinders him from consistently doing it.
    ^Knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    i'm actually becoming a fan of the idea of putting vick in the shot gun and assuring he gets about 10-15 carries a game.
    We put Vick in the shotgun a lot as it is, but I agree, we need to cut him loose and let him run more. I'm not sure if it's a product of the coaches hindering him or the sheer amount of punishment he's taken the past few years, but he's definitely running less than he used too.
    SPACE

vCash
    and the shovel pass.

what the hell happened to that delayed handoff as well. maybe that was a jason peters play.
    We've done it a few times, but it was definitely a Peters play. They tried it in the pre-season behind Dunlap and it was a disaster. He like fell over after hitting the DE trying to get to the second level. It wasn't bad behind Herremans though, not sure why they don't try it to his side more often.
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    ^Knowledge.

We put Vick in the shotgun a lot as it is, but I agree, we need to cut him loose and let him run more. I'm not sure if it's a product of the coaches hindering him or the sheer amount of punishment he's taken the past few years, but he's definitely running less than he used too.
    i agree we put him in the gun but i'm talking about implementing more draws, read options, jet sweeps, bubbles.

i know it sounds like i'm describing oregon, because i am. but we have a lot of speed and shiftiness. i'm sure they have some reverses, read options, and qb draws.

we need to run them. force vick to run. they need to stop worrying about him getting injured because it happens anyways.

vCash
    ^Agree, and we need some more creativity out of the offense in general. It's kind of gone out the window the past couple of years. I want another flea flicker to start out a game the right way.
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Short passing game. Play action. Rolling to his right. Designed runs. Use McCoy more to set up the pass.

Vick is capable, but not if he is expected to be a pocket passer.

are you looking for a head coaching job? because Andy has no damn clue what he is doing with the talent we have.
    Last edited by strokeman; 09-24-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Eagles offseason:
    Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    Sign/draft Outside LB
    Sign/draft Inside LB (Ryans Replacement)
    evulate/Sign/draft QB

vCash
    here is what i think of Andy Ried
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNgmBwDAGEw
    Eagles offseason:
    Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    Sign/draft Outside LB
    Sign/draft Inside LB (Ryans Replacement)
    evulate/Sign/draft QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN
    Andy on radio show: "Michael is our QB. Period. Michael is our QB. Listen, does he need to get better? Do we all need to get better? Yes."
    Andy cleaning up the boo boo he made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Andy cleaning up the boo boo he made.
    lol who didn't see that one coming. as soon as he said it i was just waiting for the retraction

vCash
    So, his job IS safe? Hmmm....

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    So, his job IS safe? Hmmm....
    the same andy who said kevin kolbs job was safe, mcnabb's was safe

lets not be oblivious

vCash
    the same andy who said kevin kolbs job was safe, mcnabb's was safe

lets not be oblivious
    Sarcasm any?

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    I would like to see Vick fail in a system/scheme tailored to his strengths, before giving up on him.
    you mean like in Atlanta...

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast