Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    There's really only one thing that concerns me when it comes to this offense.

Now I don't want anyone to think I'm bashing on McCoy (because I think he's top 3 as a RB)...but, and this is merely a criticism....He bounces his runs to the outside all the time....If McCoy were to hit the hole at the line from time to time he'd draw the SS in....by McCoy going to the outside all the time the SS is free to float out in pass coverage more on the playaction. Our playactioon was 3 WR and a TE on 6-7defenders....which doesn't allow for a very good matchup...Cleveland most ran 4-5 man rushes....The first possession when McCoy ran thought about running up the gut, he changed his mind and tried to bounce to the outside...he fumbled...

McCoy will get his yardage....but if the defense focuses mainly on Vick (like Cleveland did yesterday) the Eagles will not be successful....

I could be wrong about that...but I was a little frustrated that the line doesn't get to do what they're practicing...and that's attacking the D-Line so the RB's can attack the line for a gain.
    I'm not saying you're wrong. McCoy does not to not bounce it outside all the time. There's value in between the tackles. But if this is "the only concern" you have for these Eagles offense...then I think you're off base.

vCash
    If they were to attack the line of scrimmage with the run it brings the safety in to play a little more honest. Then the receivers and TE get more of a 1 on 1 deal out there. When you're sending 4 guys out for the pass and you have 6 guys covering your success rate on passes will not be good. Yesterday's game showed that Vick tried to make something out of nothing...forcing throws into tight/double coverage....His choices weren't good, but the offensive scheme wasn't helping Vick either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts13 View Post
    Yeah it is to early to panic. Vick barely played in the preseason. The big thing is we won the game. Alot of our fellow Eagle fans arent happy unless they have something to complain about. Some of the comments on here are just plain childish. Such as kill vick, put in foles all ready, i think i saw a fire reid comment all ready. People need to quit acting like idiots. GO EAGLES
    I understand that we were 8-8 last season when we're supposed to be "the Dream Team," it's just that like I said, it's too early in the season to go nuts. I can't stand how it's so early in the season, one team loses the first game and people start acting like it's the end of the world. Relax, we have lots of time to figure things out and get better.

vCash
    According to Skip Bayless, the Packers are in trouble and we'll be lucky to finish .500 and will come in last place.

Good thing the opposite usually happens for what he says.

vCash
    People still watch him

vCash
    I forgot he existed.

vCash
    Skip's job is to be hated...how interesting would shows be if everyone just agreed all the time, that being said GB needed Rogers to be lights out all season last year to win a lot of games. I don't think that season can be duplicated and Chicago and Detroit are going to be challenging that team till the end of the season.

Wilmington, DE and South Philadelphia, PA
    vCash
    Wow, one bad game and people want to bench Vick for Foles already. Vick didnt play in the preseason and his timing was off. I agree that Vick made bad decisions, but you don't pay a player the amount of money Vick is getting to bench him after one bad game. If Vick has a subpar season, I think he will be gone next year and then Andy will too. I think Foles needs Andy Reid to be the coach to be successful in his young career. Everyone needs to be calm and wait for this to play out. If we beat the Ravens and Vick plays great will everyone change their minds? This is the only thing I can't stand with so called Philly fans!
    I miss football!!!!

vCash
    its not really one bad game...Vick will miss around 3-4 games this year, he will have too many turnovers (fumbles and Ints). After 10 years of that being the pattern I don't think much will change this year. I don't think we bench him...I'm just not a fan of him.

vCash
    more like 2 bad years and people want to bench vick...

ive been on that train since we brought him here but as fan it doesnt matter what i think...agree or not i will root for the TEAM not 1 player

i trust the coaches are doing what they feel is best to better the team

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petski View Post
    Wow, one bad game and people want to bench Vick for Foles already. Vick didnt play in the preseason and his timing was off. I agree that Vick made bad decisions, but you don't pay a player the amount of money Vick is getting to bench him after one bad game. If Vick has a subpar season, I think he will be gone next year and then Andy will too. I think Foles needs Andy Reid to be the coach to be successful in his young career. Everyone needs to be calm and wait for this to play out. If we beat the Ravens and Vick plays great will everyone change their minds? This is the only thing I can't stand with so called Philly fans!
    I'm not anywhere near in favor of benching him but if you believe this is a 1 game issue your not paying attention

This is a 2 year issue now. Since the last 6 games of 2010 Vick has neen a turnover machine

vCash
    Bottom 6 qb ratings

Wilson
    Luck
    Skelton
    Vick
    Tannehill
    Weeden

vCash
    more like a coaching controversy, what the hell is Andy doing passin over 50 times, run 20? really? with McCoy, and 3 other RB that can run the ball.
    Andy really need to get his act together, run the ball, we have 4 half backs! use them!
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    more like a coaching controversy, what the hell is Andy doing passin over 50 times, run 20? really? with McCoy, and 3 other RB that can run the ball.
    Andy really need to get his act together, run the ball, we have 4 half backs! use them!
    Andy kept 4 backs for the lulz

Polk will get like 2 carries the whole season

Wilmington, DE and South Philadelphia, PA
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I'm not anywhere near in favor of benching him but if you believe this is a 1 game issue your not paying attention

This is a 2 year issue now. Since the last 6 games of 2010 Vick has neen a turnover machine
    So your not in favor of benching him, but this is a two year problem and needs to be addressed. I dont know what side of the fence you are on. All Im saying is that it is too early in the season to worry about this. When it mattered, and with a little luck of a dropped interception, Vick pulled through and we got the win.

If it was at the half way point and we were a five hundred team, I could see your point. If the coaches believe in Vick and that he will correct this, I will too until proved otherwise. All Im saying is its too early for us to call for Foles. Let Vick get a couple more games under his belt.
    I miss football!!!!

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast