Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
    vCash
    Why not?? He still has a couple years in the league. Someone like the Jags would, they are desperate and willing to spend if they have to.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Why not?? He still has a couple years in the league. Someone like the Jags would, they are desperate and willing to spend if they have to.
    Nobody is picking up that tab after the year he just had. He'll get a job if cut, but not be traded for.

vCash
    Its amazing to think that a Tuesday night game against the Vikings was a foreshadowing of the end for Vick. Before that game he was playing at a top 5 Qb level and could have been the MVP of the league.

Certainly there was more to Vick's current situation than that game (offensive line, play calling, ect), but he has also experienced a natural decline. He is no longer a top 10 QB to me. He is somewhere in the 13-16 area, and while you can still win with him, his skills are eroding.

Hopefully, he goes to a team that runs the ball and gives him a better chance to succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Thats ALOT of money for an old QB who has injury issues and has been a turnover fiend recently.

Jags would stick with Henne and/or Gabbert before they traded for Vick. Other than the Chiefs, I dont see any team in the NFL that is desperate enough at that position to actually trade something for Vick. And the Chiefs are going to take a QB in the draft.

If they are a team struggling at the QB position, then they arent a good team. Which means they will be drafting early, why hold off on acquiring the future face of your franchise so you could bring in Vick? Even if a team out there was willing to trade and acquire a QB, there are better backup QBs that would be on the trade block they would take before him
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Because as I stated before people are saying there aren't franchise worthy QB's in this draft.

Personally I think Jags make a lot of sense especially after the Babin waiver claim and the only way they can get Vick is via trade because lets be real if it comes down to him picking between certain teams he won't pick them. Their new GM is desperate for someone to market and to put buts in the seat and why not take a chance on Vick??

There aren't any other possible guys with big name value available as Vick.
    This way they can fill in another position with their early first this year and maybe draft the QB next year when maybe the QB class is better.

Money doesn't seem to be a big issue to them either, they seem like they're going all out. But I don't know their cap space so I should look into that more.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Because as I stated before people are saying there aren't franchise worthy QB's in this draft.

Personally I think Jags make a lot of sense especially after the Babin waiver claim and the only way they can get Vick is via trade because lets be real if it comes down to him picking between certain teams he won't pick them. Their new GM is desperate for someone to market and to put buts in the seat and why not take a chance on Vick??

There aren't any other possible guys with big name value available as Vick.
    This way they can fill in another position with their early first this year and maybe draft the QB next year when maybe the QB class is better.

Money doesn't seem to be a big issue to them either, they seem like they're going all out. But I don't know their cap space so I should look into that more.
    scouts don't listen to "people" neither does management. scouts wait until they see these QBs up close, interview them, and see them throw.

RGIII was a WR convert before his senior season, according to people. cam newton was a mid 1st round pick. matt leinart and vince young were part of one of the best QB classes in decades

people say a lot of things.

the QB class will look weak until the combine. if matt barkley comes out and throws a 60+ yard pass without struggling suddenly he'll pop into the #1 overall discussion. If geno smith lights up the senior bowl, or tyler wilson then suddenly the QB class isn't horrible.

noone is going to trade for vick period. And until they see these guys up close they won't even entertain signing him.

except arizona that is

vCash
    But RG3 had hype around this time last year so did Newton a couple years ago and Luck.
    It's those Tannehills and Daltons who's stock rises up after the interview and combine processes. Usually the clear cut top choices are hyped up around this time of year and this year we haven't even see that.

I know things can change but it doesn't sound like there is anybody that sticks out to people.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    But RG3 had hype around this time last year so did Newton a couple years ago and Luck.
    It's those Tannehills and Daltons who's stock rises up after the interview and combine processes. Usually the clear cut top choices are hyped up around this time of year and this year we haven't even see that.

I know things can change but it doesn't sound like there is anybody that sticks out to people.
    Newton was considered a gamble all the way up until the combine when GMs and scouts saw the statue in person

RGIII had hype going into the draft but there was a lot of skepticism about his QB ability at the NFL level. until he interviewed.

Andrew luck is a rare exception. the guy has been a #1 pick since his redshirt freshman year. QBs like him don't happen often.

this QB class may never take shape, or it may shape up to be strong. the weakness of the QB class exists in the skepticism around it. noone is sure about barkleys arm, Genos football intelligence and pocket presence, Tyler wilson in general

if these guys answer the questions surrounding them they are top 5 guys. if they don't they aren't

vCash
    There is less than a ZERO percent chance Vick is traded. The thought is absurd.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    There is less than a ZERO percent chance Vick is traded. The thought is absurd.
    yes. vick will likely be cut and stroll to arizona to cause kolb nightmares once again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    yes. vick will likely be cut and stroll to arizona to cause kolb nightmares once again
    Arizona wants a long term QB solution. That isnt Vick. Vick will be signed as a backup somewhere
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    larry fitzgerald is aging and they have a good defense. i can easily see them going for one last shot with larry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    larry fitzgerald is aging and they have a good defense. i can easily see them going for one last shot with larry
    I dont think the even the Arizona Cardinals are dumb enough to think that adding Vick makes them a SB contender... Especially with that pathetic offensive line
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    you just sounded like Madden LS lol

i want fitz here soooo bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Arizona wants a long term QB solution. That isnt Vick. Vick will be signed as a backup somewhere
    There aren't 32 QBs better than Vick. He will be a starter somewhere.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast