Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Andy just announced Foles will be the starter for the remainder of the season, even once Vick is healthy.

Per philadelphiaeagles.com
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    I fully expect Andy Reid to be the coach next year. All the personnel and coaching moves seem to indicate a long-term strategy. Why would the FO let him hire a new defensive line coach if they're going to bring in a new HC who will want his own guys?

I think Reid is going to sell them FO on his ability to develop young QBs and use these last few games to sell them on Nick Foles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    I fully expect Andy Reid to be the coach next year. All the personnel and coaching moves seem to indicate a long-term strategy. Why would the FO let him hire a new defensive line coach if they're going to bring in a new HC who will want his own guys?

I think Reid is going to sell them FO on his ability to develop young QBs and use these last few games to sell them on Nick Foles.
    Possibly. I think there is a much better chance he stays than I thought a week ago. But then again, this could be Reid trying to secure his job by positioning himself as the logical future coach for the team. Depending on what exactly Andys contract says about hiring and firing the personnel under him, the FO may not have a say and didn't "let him" bring in a new DL coach. Its hard to say
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash

This, but it also could all be Lurie pulling strings. Telling Reid, you have no choice but to start Foles because I'm the owner. Very realistic that would be happening too.

Hard to say....I'm 50/50 on whether Reid does really get fired.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash
    Bdawk4prez is not gonna like this.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    100% do not want to see Reid to get fired, no offense to most of you here, but majority of you grew up as Reid being the coach, you dont know the hard days...the days of Marion Campbell / Buddy Ryan / Richie Kotite / Ray Rhodes days....wow horrible times. I mean Buddy had his moments, but with his highs came big big big biggggggg lows....You guys dont know the hurt. Pick out a dart and throw it because if were going for a new coach thats what is happening... If he doesnt work how long do we go with his "plan"? I only hope we keep Reid, and I hope Reid doesnt WALK at the end.

Smart move keeping Foles the starter.... Vick regardless if he's here or not.... best thing to do is give him the year off...rest and if he restructures hes our best hope, that is if Foles doesnt suddenly look amazing. But all points to moving on from Mike Vick.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Bdawk4prez is not gonna like this.
    I want this team to win, period. If someone other than Vick gives us the best chance to do so, I'm all for it. Sadly, I'm not sold that Foles is that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    100% do not want to see Reid to get fired, no offense to most of you here, but majority of you grew up as Reid being the coach, you dont know the hard days...the days of Marion Campbell / Buddy Ryan / Richie Kotite / Ray Rhodes days....wow horrible times. I mean Buddy had his moments, but with his highs came big big big biggggggg lows....You guys dont know the hurt. Pick out a dart and throw it because if were going for a new coach thats what is happening... If he doesnt work how long do we go with his "plan"? I only hope we keep Reid, and I hope Reid doesnt WALK at the end.

Smart move keeping Foles the starter.... Vick regardless if he's here or not.... best thing to do is give him the year off...rest and if he restructures hes our best hope, that is if Foles doesnt suddenly look amazing. But all points to moving on from Mike Vick.
    Agree 100% on everything Reid related in this post.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Maybe Vick is better suited to be a back up for this team, IDK how much and if he will take a paycut.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash

I fully agree with this statement. In addition I think Reid will be back due to a lack of a better option. I've been thinking all along that the FO can't just fire Reid to fire Reid. Andy has been a great coach for the Eagles Organization, replacing him needs to be a very delicate process. they can't just get rid of him and replace him with a sub-par coach. Though I would like to see a total regime change, I agree that it might not happen this year. I'd rather see Andy for another year than some under-qualified bum of a coach take the reigns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Maybe Vick is better suited to be a back up for this team, IDK how much and if he will take a paycut.
    I imagine he would be willing to take a cut if he was still getting pretty good money. However, I dont think its in the Eagles best interest to keep him around if he isn't expected to start. Every time Foles has a bad game fans are going to be ranting and raving to put Vick in
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Vick will be in arizona

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Vick will be in arizona
    Doubt it highly
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    With how weak the QB position is in the draft, we should suck up Vick's contract and trade him. Contrary to what people say, he will have high trade value and we can easily sucker in the Chiefs or Jags to trading for him. The Jags are desperate for big name talent and we can bend them over if need be.

or make him restructure and keep him. Releasing him would be the worst option IMO.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Nobody will trade for Vick, that would be dumb.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    ^^^ That

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast