Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    vCash

QB controversy thread

^just hope for a good offense & ****** defense like last year lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Nick Foles starting week 11 for sure... and quite possibly rest of the year.

First off let me say this... Mike Vick...as much as I dislike you IM really really sorry to see you go out like this.....being snubbed by an injury really sucks, but at the same time it opens a door for you else where. I wish you a full recovery and a speedy comeback and best of luck next year if you happen to not be in Midnight green...now that that is aside...

Such a catch 22 I really want SUNSHINE to do really well so i can flip BDawkz the bird and till him to piss off and also so i can get excited about the future but at the same time i dont want him to do SO GOOD that we lost spots in the draft...

Will be rather interesting to see what Foles can do with a full weeks practice as the number 1.....also going up a pretty suspect 2ndary..
    Again with your Bdawk loves Vick obsession. I really could care less, just give me a winner. I was Vick>Kolb because that was true. I was Vick>Foles because up to now, that's been true. It sucks that Vick was playing well and he got hurt, it happens.

I hope nothing more than for Foles to come out and blow **** up. that would mean the Eagles are succeeding and that's all I care about. hell, I cheered for Kolb when he was the man, even though it wasn't what I had hoped for going forward.

Give me win, and I could give a **** if you were the QB. Although i know that couldn't be the case because you have the biggest case of vaginitis this side of the Mississippi.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    The problem is people see your comments like Vick playing well and think you are a vick fan boy.

When in reality Vick has played well at moments but no one will deny that he has also looked like complete trash at other moments. Thats my problem with Vick and why I think we should move on from him...a 32 year old vet should not have that drastic of an up and down. Its not a week to week thing...its drive to drive. You see him play and he does everything right and about half way through the drive he just does everything wrong and all you can do is grit your teeth because he is the best option to win right now...even if that option is slim to none.

vCash
    BDawk...and thats exactly how I feel about Vick being the QB...ty very much now maybe you will finally understand.

And what garnotm said pretty much describes both of us from 2 completely different sides.

All we all want at the end of the day is a win... a non bullsheit, non lucky, non free win... a HARD EARNED well fought hard played hard hitting great execution FREAKING WIN!

I could not tell you the last time I honestly saw the Eagles please from whistle to whistle...its been a while

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    The problem is people see your comments like Vick playing well and think you are a vick fan boy.

When in reality Vick has played well at moments but no one will deny that he has also looked like complete trash at other moments. Thats my problem with Vick and why I think we should move on from him...a 32 year old vet should not have that drastic of an up and down. Its not a week to week thing...its drive to drive. You see him play and he does everything right and about half way through the drive he just does everything wrong and all you can do is grit your teeth because he is the best option to win right now...even if that option is slim to none.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    BDawk...and thats exactly how I feel about Vick being the QB...ty very much now maybe you will finally understand.

And what garnotm said pretty much describes both of us from 2 completely different sides.

All we all want at the end of the day is a win... a non bullsheit, non lucky, non free win... a HARD EARNED well fought hard played hard hitting great execution FREAKING WIN!

I could not tell you the last time I honestly saw the Eagles please from whistle to whistle...its been a while
    My only point is this. When Vick has played like trash, it is hard to put all of the blame on him because there are soooooo many factors that contribute to it. Vick has proved throughout he year, over and over, keep him clean, and he can move the chains, right? Fix the OL even a little and Vick can do the job. That's been my entire point all along. It's not ALL on Vick, but Vick's production really spikes when other factors are better controlled.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    What are the chances that Vick takes a paycut if Chip Kelly is hired? Sign him to a more affordable 2 year contract, and let him take charge for Kelly's quick offense.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    I'm no Vick lover, but I'd love him at a cheaper price and let Foles sit for a year or two. ONLY if Chip Kelly is hired, though.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    man im down for whatever makes the team better...

but id be lying to say that i would open mike vick with open arms as the week 1 starter in 2013

vCash
    Mike Vick isn't the answer no matter what coach or offensive scheme.The one thing that made Vick special at least to some were his legs.He has lost that edge now.He has never been accurate and has always been extremely prone to fumbles.See what Foles has got thru the end of this season and then decide whether he is the guy or look to the draft.I sometimes feel like Vick is cursed and,he brought that albatross with him to Philly.Move on and hope he takes the albatross with him.

vCash
    The more I think about the possibility, the more I like it. It would make sense.

vCash
    Chip Kelly is a HUGE gamble. It could become the next big thing in the NFL or it could set this franchise back for years and years.

You have to love how he takes 2,3, and 4 star recruits and turns them into stars, but I don't know if everything he does translates into the NFL.

vCash
    sorry Im getting older... i dont want to see 1-5 years of another experiment

I want production

vCash
    It's a gamble either way they go.That said I believe it's easier for a new coach and staff to come in these days and have success than it was years ago.Granted there are some franchises that seem to be snake bit,Oak,Wash,Cle,Jax,Buf,as examples.But,take a look around at other franchises that made bold moves and what they have been able to do.Atl,Pit,Den,TB,Bal,SF,Stl,NYJ,Ind,Sea,Ari,have all had at least some playoff success after cleaning house.I would almost put Hou,and Det in that category.My point being is the gambles don't seem to be as big of gambles.With free agency and solid management NFL franchises can rebound pretty quick.

vCash
    VIck has never and i mean never has been a good QB. He has had one good year in 2010. And that was a half of a season. Not sure why there is all this love for him. My buddy is a Falcons fan, and he said to me. He will have great games and horrible games. And after a while you will get tired of it. Well after a few years i am so done with it. I want a prototype QB, no more runners. They don't win superbowls. And never has. The best ones are tall, intelligent, and managers of the game. Now i am not sure Foles will be great or bad. But i know that he has more upside then VIck. VIck is going to be 33 and with his athleticism deteriorating, he isn't the electric player he once was. Being a step or 2 slower and not being able to make up for his lack of football IQ, with his legs. He isn't the QB this team needs. He would be a great backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    VIck has never and i mean never has been a good QB. He has had one good year in 2010. And that was a half of a season. Not sure why there is all this love for him. My buddy is a Falcons fan, and he said to me. He will have great games and horrible games. And after a while you will get tired of it. Well after a few years i am so done with it. I want a prototype QB, no more runners. They don't win superbowls. And never has. The best ones are tall, intelligent, and managers of the game. Now i am not sure Foles will be great or bad. But i know that he has more upside then VIck. VIck is going to be 33 and with his athleticism deteriorating, he isn't the electric player he once was. Being a step or 2 slower and not being able to make up for his lack of football IQ, with his legs. He isn't the QB this team needs. He would be a great backup.
    Steve Young is number 2 all time rushing qb with over 4k yards rushing. Don't tell me a rushing qb can't win the superbowl. Aaron Rogers is a very good scrambling qb as well...the thing is they are not known to be scrambling qbs because they are so damn good at throwing the ball. Thats the thing were Vick fails is he can't be a true qb.

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast