Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    vCash

Finally someone gets it....

I agree 100% with this article.....Am I the only one?

Billick should be the Eagle's coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillzfan1126 View Post
    Well Trent Dilfer for one, his SB year he had a 76.6 QB Rating

Jim Plunkett the year he beat the eagles had a 51% completion rating and a 72.9 QB rating for the season

So yeah there have been worse, I really do think Foles deserves a shot b.c in my opinion this a lost season. A lot of this failed season falls on Howie Roseman and Reid.

i was expecting dilfer, hosteler, rypien and doug williams. plunkett is a good one though. also bart star in '67 had a rating of 64.4.
    Last edited by hollywood; 10-31-2012 at 03:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    "but making him the scapegoat and blaming all of our shortcomings on him is what people are doing and that is extremely ignorant.

If you're going to argue a point, you should probably have a better grasp of the context."

you were not talking about me? just "people"?
    "That's what people are doing". General statement, but read into it if you really want to.

As for understanding context, you were arguing with me, or whomever as though we were completely defending Vick, which was not the case.

again. read my posts. when did i say he deserved all the blame? he just happens to play the most important position on the team and he has been terrible.

and take your own advice.
    Again, I never blamed you. I never accused you.

Are we done here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    "That's what people are doing". General statement, but read into it if you really want to.

As for understanding context, you were arguing with me, or whomever as though we were completely defending Vick, which was not the case.

Again, I never blamed you. I never accused you.

Are we done here?
    that's cute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhee43 View Post
    Can you explain this? I've honestly been trying to figure out WTF is wrong with the defense and i have been struggling. Last year the linebackers were terrible. We upgraded. Safeties were average. Ok, we made no change, but I feel like Allen is improving. What else do you think Reid and Roseman should have done?
    Well, defense actually was 12th in the league before we fired Juan. Though we were second to last in the 4th Quarter. I think the issue there is scheme and not talent. We often complain about the wide 9 (though I find many people actually do not know what the wide 9 defensive scheme really is), but in this instance the complaints are correct. No adjustments were made ever the game plan always remained the same on defense, Just kept having the D ends rush the passer and no other pressure. I do not also agree with signing Nnamdi if you put him in a defensive scheme that almost completely counters his strengths (This falls on Howie too, because GM's job is to find the best player that fits your team, a superstar doesn't change the entire dynamic of your team like in the NBA or NHL)

I mean the OL was playing terrible, now obviously injuries have killed us but that is why you create blocking schemes that help those replacement O lineman and you try and find adequate replacements which is Rosemans job (I know the argument is well there weren't great pieces out there, but it his job to find the guy that best fits our scheme which in my opinion I feel he has not done). Andy Reid has the arguably best RB in the league and hands down the best cut back in the league in McCoy, why do you only run him 15 times vs throwing 35 times against a the falcons who are 26th in the league against the run. Lastly there is no intensity from the players, no excitement, they are just going through the motions that is the scariest and that falls on both coach and GM

These are just my own opinions, please feel free to argue them.

Bring on our 3rd WS ring, our first Super Bowl win, 4th NBA Championship, and 3rd Stanley Cup

vCash
    This is so pathetic. Again this is a team effort the defense needs to step up and play better

Our special teams sucks more then it did last year....that's amazing. April is supposed to be one if the best special team coaches in the business. I viiew him or his coaching as part of a problem. We went out this year and made special teams a priority in the draft apparently. And still nothing.

Defense...defense needs to step up and play to their abilities. We need Aso to play like the contract he's getting paid. We need safeties to help and that can help in coverage and not just run upfield and make a tackle...we need our dline the same one that lead the league last year in sacks to show it wasn't a fluke. And that the wide 9 can work

We need to utilize Celek and McCoy better....start with the screen pass. Say what u want about our blockers but we simply need to get the ball in mccoys hands....and if a screen pass does that so be it.

Mike Vick really need to get more accurate and observe the field better. Hes a run first qb and needs to go back to the IMO. Use his best assets don't take them away. He IS a very INNACURATE qb that's is a fact. He also needs to be a leader and stop puss modding it

Anyways....it's more then vick. And stop calling last stand the Vick hater....I clearly am the Vick hater around here

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash

i was expecting dilfer, hosteler, rypien and doug williams. plunkett is a good one though. also bart star in '67 had a rating of 64.4.
    There ya go.

Fact if the matter is the team needs to be better on both sides of the ball. ALL of our offensive playmakers need to step up.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    There ya go.

Fact if the matter is the team needs to be better on both sides of the ball. ALL of our offensive playmakers need to step up.
    agree with that.

i am done trying to convince you guys.

vick is going this week. i hope he turns it around and goes off.

vCash
    This from Trent Dilfer, who had Foles rated as a 1st rounder:

Foles, who rewrote the Arizona passing records and some in the conference, also earned praise recently from ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer via Twitter.

Dilfer wrote, after studying nine Arizona games, that he liked Foles’ college game tapes better than those from former Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, who was the first overall pick in the 2010 draft. Dilfer on Foles: “Less arm, but equal accuracy & MUCH better instincts.”

Also from Dilfer: “Foles has as good of pocket instincts & climb as any SPREAD QB I have studied the past 10 years. Doesn’t lock on #1 & bail early.”

One more from Dilfer: He said he had “NEVER seen a QB this good get LESS help from his teammates. If Foles was in the SEC he would be a Heisman finalist.”

vCash
    Trent Dilfer is a good analist?

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    This from Trent Dilfer, who had Foles rated as a 1st rounder:
    trent is actually the most money QB analyst on ESPN. he works with QBs from high school up. he really understands the position as much as anyone. listening to him talk about the position is actually a treat. he's very knowledgeable on the subject. one of the few ESPN analysts i like

vCash
    The fumble at the goal line didn't cost us any points, as points are never guaranteed. Sure it hurt, but we had the lead with our defense ready to seal the deal. Defense let us down. So no, it didn't take 7 points off the board. It also happened very early in the game, hard to justify the loss on that isolated play.

Then there were the 2 ten point leads he gave us with Zona that the D failed to protect.

Keep making him out to be the scapegoat. All your stats have shown is that in our losses, Vick wasn't the only problem.
    the defense didn't cost us the games by giving up leads because keeping leads is never guaranteed. see how that logic fails.

it's a little bit of both but lets not resort to incredibly ridiculous statements like vick didn't cost us points with those goal line turnovers. thats just ignorant drivel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    the defense didn't cost us the games by giving up leads because keeping leads is never guaranteed. see how that logic fails.

it's a little bit of both but lets not resort to incredibly ridiculous statements like vick didn't cost us points with those goal line turnovers. thats just ignorant drivel
    Prove we would have scored.

Prove the defense didn't blow the leads.

I'll wait.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Nice article route,I wonder if Jaws or Chucky have said anything about Foles?Would be interesting to see what they think.

vCash
    Prove we would have scored.

Prove the defense didn't blow the leads.

I'll wait.
    again this is just drivel. you're arguing we wouldn't have gotten at least a FG out of a goal line stand. ridiculous and a waste of time.

you're basically saying that the defense is more at fault because they gave up leads and vick is less at fault because his turnovers didn't prevent us from scoring at the goal line because of that minuscule chance that we missed a 10 yard FG in the worst case scenario

ridiculous and a waste of time.

i can argue that there is a small percentage chance that our PR could have muffed the punt after a stop and returned it

see i can play minuscule percentages as well. i can argue it was the special teams fault for not blocking the FGs that lost us the game because technically the defense didn't surrender points, the special teams did and they should have blocked it because we are arguing small percentages and there is a small possibility that can happen

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast