Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 538
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,517
    vCash
    1500
    Vick getting the start Monday..sounds like he was close to making a change. Monday night will be the test. I they don't put up points then I'd say he's going to make the change.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,938
    vCash
    1500
    damnit....i was hoping foles got the start bc I need a 2nd QB in fantasy!!!!
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    yeah. great post.

    91.3 wow. his qb rating in weeks 2, 4 and 5 is 99. think about that.

    also, he had 4 TOs during that period. not 2. 2 picks against the lions and 2 fumbles against pittsburgh. and in the best game he played in your selective stretch he had 2 terrible fumbles in a 2 point loss. one on a 1st and goal! cost us the f'in game! you even admit the d played a "great game" against pittsburgh. held a future hall of fame qb to 16 points. but somehow they lost the game, not the qb who fumbled the ball into the end zone on a first and goal and took 7 points off the board.

    his qb rating in the last 2 games is 80. which as a qb rating puts you about 23rd in the league. both losses. his qb rating for the year? 78.6. good for 25th. we have won despite of vick, not because of him! and in the losses you want to talk about how great he has played!

    SPLITS CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT
    In Wins 71 118 929 60.2 7.87 49 4 6 75.1
    In Losses 86 148 894 58.1 6.04 70 5 2 81.3

    even after the debacle of a defensive performance against atl, we are still 12th in the league in defense (yds/game) and 16th in pts/gm. but it is all playcalling and defense. the same play callers who helped vick to the best year of his career. if we had spagnuolo's (who you all seem to have a boner for) D, we would be 0-7!

    if it is hard to read the stats above, his line in eagles wins is qb rating of 75.1 with 4 td and 6 int (not even counting fumbles). in eagles losses 5 tds and 2 int, 58.1 comp percentage and qb rating of 81.3. now those are some performances we can get behind!
    Whats amusing to me is that I never said Vick was absent of blame or that he shouldn't be held accountable. Do I think he's less of a problem than the defense and playcalling? Yes. I don't recall saying he has been perfect, but I did say he has not been why we've been losing games recently.

    He has played "better" in our losses than in our wins, so lets blame the losses on Vick! Was Vick on the field when the Steelers drove to win the game? Was Vick on the field when the Lions came back from 10 points TWICE? Was Vick on the field against Atlanta when they scored on their first six drives?

    The defense certainly won us the first game (when Vick was essentially seeing his first action because of virtually no preseason), but they haven't been too stellar. They started the year solid and have completely fallen off. They got lucky the Giants missed the FG or they would have given up yet another game winning drive. I couldn't care less where they rank if they can't get it done when it counts, which they have continually have shown.

    As for play calling, there does need to be an adjustment. Mainly, get McCoy the ball more. He doesn't need to run 35 times a game, but a solid 20-22 carries should be sufficient. In our wins, McCoy has carried: 20, 25, and 23 times respectfully. In our losses? 13,16,14,16. Notice the trend? Certainly that has nothing to do with play calling at all! He was having a hard time running in some games, and it's harder to do when you're behind, but you need to give him touches, because he can break away at any given time. I don't think its coincidence that we lose when he gets fewer carries, but that's probably Vicks fault too.

    You can add Special Teams to the list too, because they've been brutal. Also probably Vick's fault.

    People need to find out what they want, too. If Vick plays crazy and makes big plays, but turns the ball over people complain. If Vick plays more cautiously and lacks big plays, but does better taking care of the ball, people complain. It needs to be one or the other, but it cannot be both.
    Last edited by YEDN90; 10-31-2012 at 01:56 PM.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The fumble at the goal line didn't cost us any points, as points are never guaranteed. Sure it hurt, but we had the lead with our defense ready to seal the deal. Defense let us down. So no, it didn't take 7 points off the board. It also happened very early in the game, hard to justify the loss on that isolated play.

    Then there were the 2 ten point leads he gave us with Zona that the D failed to protect.

    Keep making him out to be the scapegoat. All your stats have shown is that in our losses, Vick wasn't the only problem.
    nonsense. this is pointless. if you think a team can go anywhere with a qb playing the way vick has this year and last, there is nothing more to say. and if you think he is going to miraculously become something else, then there is also nothing to say. have fun watching him flush another season down the toilet.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    nonsense. this is pointless. if you think a team can go anywhere with a qb playing the way vick has this year and last, there is nothing more to say. and if you think he is going to miraculously become something else, then there is also nothing to say. have fun watching him flush another season down the toilet.
    You're missing the point entirely though. No one is saying Vick is free of blame, but making him the scapegoat and blaming all of our shortcomings on him is what people are doing and that is extremely ignorant.

    If you're going to argue a point, you should probably have a better grasp of the context.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    43,458
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    nonsense. this is pointless. if you think a team can go anywhere with a qb playing the way vick has this year and last, there is nothing more to say. and if you think he is going to miraculously become something else, then there is also nothing to say. have fun watching him flush another season down the toilet.
    There have been plenty of Qbs that have win rings that have played worse than Vick has played. Keep grasping for straws though.

    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    You're missing the point entirely though. No one is saying Vick is free of blame, but making him the scapegoat and blaming all of our shortcomings on him is what people are doing and that is extremely ignorant.

    If you're going to argue a point, you should probably have a better grasp of the context.
    Pretty much this.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Whats amusing to me is that I never said Vick was absent of blame or that he shouldn't be held accountable. Do I think he's less of a problem than the defense and playcalling? Yes. I don't recall saying he has been perfect, but I did say he has not been why we've been losing games recently.

    He has played "better" in our losses than in our wins, so lets blame the losses on Vick! Was Vick on the field when the Steelers drove to win the game? Was Vick on the field when the Lions came back from 10 points TWICE? Was Vick on the field against Atlanta when they scored on their first six drives?

    The defense certainly won us the first game (when Vick was essentially seeing his first action because of virtually no preseason), but they haven't been too stellar. They started the year solid and have completely fallen off. They got lucky the Giants missed the FG or they would have given up yet another game winning drive. I couldn't care less where they rank if they can't get it done when it counts, which they have continually have shown.

    As for play calling, there does need to be an adjustment. Mainly, get McCoy the ball more. He doesn't need to run 35 times a game, but a solid 20-22 carries should be sufficient. In our wins, McCoy has carried: 20, 25, and 23 times respectfully. In our losses? 13,16,14,16. Notice the trend? Certainly that has nothing to do with play calling at all! He was having a hard time running in some games, and it's harder to do when you're behind, but you need to give him touches, because he can break away at any given time. I don't think its coincidence that we lose when he gets fewer carries, but that's probably Vicks fault too.

    You can add Special Teams to the list too, because they've been brutal. Also probably Vick's fault.

    People need to find out what they want, too. If Vick plays crazy and makes big plays, but turns the ball over people complain. If Vick plays more cautiously and lacks big plays, but does better taking care of the ball, people complain. It needs to be one or the other, but it cannot be both.
    and i love that the vick defenders' basic premise is that he doesn't "lose" games. and that he has really improved over the past few weeks because he hasn't turned the ball over as much! what progress! it is perfectly acceptable that he has a qb rating under 80 and 13 TOs on the year! because the losses are not his fault. whatever the **** that means. the offense averages 17 pts/gm. 28th in the nfl! he is the qb!!!!!!
    Last edited by hollywood; 10-31-2012 at 02:15 PM.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    There have been plenty of Qbs that have win rings that have played worse than Vick has played. Keep grasping for straws though.



    Pretty much this.
    name one.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    You're missing the point entirely though. No one is saying Vick is free of blame, but making him the scapegoat and blaming all of our shortcomings on him is what people are doing and that is extremely ignorant.

    If you're going to argue a point, you should probably have a better grasp of the context.
    talk about ignorant. read my ****in posts before you accuse me of something! i have said over and over and over that the defense has not been great. they were terrible against atl. the offensive line is in shambles with the injuries and they have not played well at any point. and there is no doubt the playcalling is suspect.

    but our qb. the most important single position/player on any nfl football team has been flat out terrible. our offense has been terrible!!! he is the leader of our offense. and he has been terrible. 25th in the league terrible. that is all any of us who think it is time have been saying.

    he will not be here next year and we (me at least) would rather see the kid get a chance than watch vick fumble his way through another lost season. i'd like to know at the end of the year whether foles is a guy we can build around or not. i know mike vick is not.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    and i love that the vick defenders' basic premise is that he doesn't "lose" games. and that he has really improved over the past few weeks because he hasn't turned the ball over! what progress! it is perfectly acceptable that he has a qb rating under 80 and 13 TOs on the year! because the losses are not his fault. whatever the **** that means. the offense averages 17 pts/gm. 28th in the nfl! he is the qb!!!!!!
    Funny enough, I am in favor of starting Foles and I am hardly a Vick "defender", I just don't think he deserves all the blame he gets. Again, nobody is saying he's perfect or has played without flaw. No one is saying he deserves no blame. No one is saying he couldn't be better. Again, before you try to make a point, understand the context for all of our sake.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    talk about ignorant. read my ****in posts before you accuse me of something! i have said over and over and over that the defense has not been great. they were terrible against atl. the offensive line is in shambles with the injuries and they have not played well at any point. and there is no doubt the playcalling is suspect.

    but our qb. the most important single position/player on any nfl football team has been flat out terrible. our offense has been terrible!!! he is the leader of our offense. and he has been terrible. 25th in the league terrible. that is all any of us who think it is time have been saying.

    he will not be here next year and we (me at least) would rather see the kid get a chance than watch vick fumble his way through another lost season. i'd like to know at the end of the year whether foles is a guy we can build around or not. i know mike vick is not.
    Please, show me where I blamed you or "accused" you of anything. I'm waiting.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Please, show me where I blamed you or "accused" you of anything. I'm waiting.
    "but making him the scapegoat and blaming all of our shortcomings on him is what people are doing and that is extremely ignorant.

    If you're going to argue a point, you should probably have a better grasp of the context."

    you were not talking about me? just "people"?

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Funny enough, I am in favor of starting Foles and I am hardly a Vick "defender", I just don't think he deserves all the blame he gets. Again, nobody is saying he's perfect or has played without flaw. No one is saying he deserves no blame. No one is saying he couldn't be better. Again, before you try to make a point, understand the context for all of our sake.
    again. read my posts. when did i say he deserved all the blame? he just happens to play the most important position on the team and he has been terrible.

    and take your own advice.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,938
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    name one.
    Well Trent Dilfer for one, his SB year he had a 76.6 QB Rating

    Jim Plunkett the year he beat the eagles had a 51% completion rating and a 72.9 QB rating for the season

    So yeah there have been worse, I really do think Foles deserves a shot b.c in my opinion this a lost season. A lot of this failed season falls on Howie Roseman and Reid.


    Bring on our 3rd WS ring, our first Super Bowl win, 4th NBA Championship, and 3rd Stanley Cup

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    66
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillzfan1126 View Post
    A lot of this failed season falls on Howie Roseman and Reid.
    Can you explain this? I've honestly been trying to figure out WTF is wrong with the defense and i have been struggling. Last year the linebackers were terrible. We upgraded. Safeties were average. Ok, we made no change, but I feel like Allen is improving. What else do you think Reid and Roseman should have done?

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •