Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 538
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Downingtown PA
    Posts
    797
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Yes, because a coach who never coached him, and a journalists opinion is sound proof. This is absurd.

    What's funnier is when Mora Sr. extracted the comments and said they were taken out of context.

    Your hate is blinding, this is funny though, I figured you to be better than this.
    Agreed. But like I said, last stand will say twist whatever it takes to make his argument.

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,517
    vCash
    1500
    Some of the responses in this thread are laughable.

    Alge Crumpler echoed some of what LS has been saying. He was on a local radio show and said Vick was incredibly inconsistent in Atlanta and this is what he's seeing now. That's a guy that played with him for years. Said at his best he can beat anyone...at his worst the team sucks.

    Also, do people really believe he'll be back? Barring a miracle, he's gone.
    Last edited by Dark Donnie; 10-31-2012 at 12:36 AM.

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,862
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Some of the responses in this thread are laughable.

    Alge Crumpler echoed some of what LS has been saying. He was on a local radio show and said Vick was incredibly inconsistent in Atlanta and this is what he's seeing now. That's a guy that played with him for years.
    Thank you. People are acting like I'm saying the sky is green. And the other half are acting like I'm forming a mob to go to Vicks house

    But what would a former teammate know

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,862
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    Agreed. But like I said, last stand will say twist whatever it takes to make his argument.
    I haven't twisted anything. On the other hand you seem to be doing a lot of accusing with no actual substance or evidence.

    So who's doing the twisting

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,517
    vCash
    1500
    I just think its funny that you're gettig attacked as if you're critiquing a guy that's been playing good. He's been pretty bad so far... Is it all his fault no, but he's definitely one of the reasons for this teams record.

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    Agreed. But like I said, last stand will say twist whatever it takes to make his argument.
    Perfect that you agree with the most ridiculous comment on the last 4 pages.

    1. That you can prove someone's opinion.
    2. That mora sr.'s opinion is absurd. The guy coached 15 years at the professional level. And he was talking about his his son's qb! Mora has more insight than some reporter that never played or coached at anything approaching that level.
    3. it was funny because More extracted his comment. That is awesome.
    4. Accusing him of hating Vick blindly. The guy just thinks he is not very good and we should probably think about replacing him. He has said a million times he doesn't dislike him.

    You vick defenders get so emotional.

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    325
    vCash
    1500
    Vick has been horrible for us. Is he the only one who has been terrible? No. I did think he gave us our best chance of winning but now i say he doesnt. I say we put Foles and and see what we have. Our offense is one of the lowest scoring in the league so we need to try something different. It is time for us to move on cause in all reallity this team isnt winning nothing and Vick has had 7 games to get this offense going and hasnt gotten the job done.

  8. #353
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    42,922
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    media helps create perception, perception can be viewed as reality. What Mora Sr. said was never an attack on vick's character (at least that's how i viewed it). It's retraction means nothing to me. retractions are made when someone realizes they made a boo boo. what he said originally was how he felt. the retraction was made after Jim Mora jr. took issue with the statement and Vick took issue as well. it's not like he retracted or argued it before those things happened.

    he got caught saying something he shouldn't have and therefore tried to retract it.

    don't personally completely agree with the assessment but what i truly believe is the media plays a large hand in creating perception of players character. Shaquille O'neal is a documented A-hole. seems to burn bridges everywhere he goes. yet the media paints him as a fun loving goof ball. which is the part of his personality that gets perpetuated?

    him being a goof-ball

    same thing here. the last few weeks slowly but surely this idea the Jim Mora Sr. started is getting brought up. colin cowherd himself has championed this idea for years and he's a nationally syndicated media head.

    if you really believe that once andy is fired that this won't be brought up again you're just ignoring what's in front of you
    Yes, Ill choose to not listen to the comments of one guy, who never coached Vick, and was butthurt over the fact that his son was getting canned ffor being an awful head coach. Especially when said coach felt his own father was a moron for saying it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Some of the responses in this thread are laughable.

    Alge Crumpler echoed some of what LS has been saying. He was on a local radio show and said Vick was incredibly inconsistent in Atlanta and this is what he's seeing now. That's a guy that played with him for years. Said at his best he can beat anyone...at his worst the team sucks.

    Also, do people really believe he'll be back? Barring a miracle, he's gone.
    Your point? Who is arguing the contrary? Who has said Vick is consistent? This isn't anything close to what LS has said. LS threw out a coach killer quote, and tried to pass it off as the majorities perception. If you can't gather that from reading the thread, not sure what to tell you.

    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Thank you. People are acting like I'm saying the sky is green. And the other half are acting like I'm forming a mob to go to Vicks house

    But what would a former teammate know
    Former teammate calls him inconsistent, can beat anyone, can make the team suck when playing bad = Vick is a coach killer? Good to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    I just think its funny that you're gettig attacked as if you're critiquing a guy that's been playing good. He's been pretty bad so far... Is it all his fault no, but he's definitely one of the reasons for this teams record.
    Show me where anyone has done this. Anyone at all. We have all admitted Vick has played poorly, he also played well too. It's not all on him, but hehas definitly been a big factor.

    When has anyone waivered from that stance?
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Downingtown PA
    Posts
    797
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not defending Vick. I want to move to Foles. That's more of an emotional response.

    There just isn't enough people saying "coach killer" about Vick for it to be called perception. A blogger and an ex coach, who didn't coach Vick, isn't perception. I think to get to the point of perception, there needs to be multiple, respected voices around the league saying this. Hopefully you can admit that Jim Mora Sr, Crumpler, a CBS blogger, and one article in an Atlanta news paper isn't substantial enough to build perception. If you still think that's enough, then yes...that's called twisting the evidence.
    Last edited by IBleedRed(duh); 10-31-2012 at 08:37 AM.

  10. #355
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Downingtown PA
    Posts
    797
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    Perfect that you agree with the most ridiculous comment on the last 4 pages.

    1. That you can prove someone's opinion.
    2. That mora sr.'s opinion is absurd. The guy coached 15 years at the professional level. And he was talking about his his son's qb! Mora has more insight than some reporter that never played or coached at anything approaching that level.
    3. it was funny because More extracted his comment. That is awesome.
    4. Accusing him of hating Vick blindly. The guy just thinks he is not very good and we should probably think about replacing him. He has said a million times he doesn't dislike him.

    You vick defenders get so emotional.
    So I'm just going to assume that you haven't been following all the posts. None of this makes sense if you had. I can see you read a few words though!!

  11. #356
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,656
    vCash
    1500
    God knows I have been hard on Vick. I wanted no part of him in the first place and still don't until this day. If we continue to lose, I do want to see Foles as the starter. I want to see what it's like to have an accurate QB and hopefully a more balanced attack. As it stands right now, they need to just let Vick do his thing and stop forcing him to be a pocket QB. We saw what happened to McNabb when they forced him to become a pocket QB.

    I want to see if Foles is legit, otherwise I fear we might lose next year too and unless Vick starts getting it done, the change needs to happen. Additionally, maybe it will help wake the rest of the team up, we saw it happen when McNabb was benched in 2008.

    Vick was unbearably bad the first few weeks of the season. Unbearably. To his defense though, he had virtually no preseason to work with due to injury.

    Since week 4, Vick has completed 63% of his passes with 6 Touchdowns and only 2 turnovers. All of that with an average QB rating of 91.3.

    91.3...Think about that.

    People are crying for Vick to be a game manager and that we would be successful, but that is EXACTLY what he has been doing and then some. I have gotten on Vick, I would like to see Foles at some point, but Vick is not the reason we're losing football games.

    The reason is the defense and play calling, though play calling hasn't been as bad as people want to make it out to be. We should be using McCoy slightly more and if we're going to carry several HBs, we should use some of them too. If Vick isn't turning the ball over (he has been good) and puts us in a position to win (has continually done that) then the play-calling is sufficient enough. We do need to be more balanced, I truly believe that, but it can get us by.

    The defense, is not. The defense lost us the last three games, not Vick. If the defense (though they played a great game) makes a stop in Pittsburgh, we win. If they don't blow TWO 10 point leads, we beat the Lions. I won't even get into the Falcons game, but they flat out stunk it up.

    Is Vick worth his contract? Probably not. Is he going to be here next year? Probably not. If we continue to lose will he be benched? Probably.

    There are a lot of things wrong with this team and while he has had his faults, Vick has not been one of them recently.
    Last edited by YEDN90; 10-31-2012 at 09:01 AM.

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    R.D
    Posts
    16,402
    vCash
    1500
    I completely agree Vick has improved these couple of weeks, but the thing here is that the team might be looking for scapegoats.

    The defense has been a joke, Babin and Cole have been suckin ***, I think we should take a few 3-4 looks, because right now we are making Todd Bowles play that awfull wide 9.

    Can't blame Bowles too because he is being imposed certain style that he is not used to work with, this is all on Andy and his ****ing love for the wide 9, which led to the Juan Castillo experiment.

    While we could have hired Spags in the off season we ended up with an O-Line coach as a DC.

    All on Reid.


    Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

    "Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    42,922
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    God knows I have been hard on Vick. I wanted no part of him in the first place and still don't until this day. If we continue to lose, I do want to see Foles as the starter. I want to see what it's like to have an accurate QB and hopefully a more balanced attack. As it stands right now, they need to just let Vick do his thing and stop forcing him to be a pocket QB. We saw what happened to McNabb when they forced him to become a pocket QB.

    I want to see if Foles is legit, otherwise I fear we might lose next year too and unless Vick starts getting it done, the change needs to happen. Additionally, maybe it will help wake the rest of the team up, we saw it happen when McNabb was benched in 2008.

    Vick was unbearably bad the first few weeks of the season. Unbearably. To his defense though, he had virtually no preseason to work with due to injury.

    Since week 4, Vick has completed 63% of his passes with 6 Touchdowns and only 2 turnovers. All of that with an average QB rating of 91.3.

    91.3...Think about that.

    People are crying for Vick to be a game manager and that we would be successful, but that is EXACTLY what he has been doing and then some. I have gotten on Vick, I would like to see Foles at some point, but Vick is not the reason we're losing football games.

    The reason is the defense and play calling, though play calling hasn't been as bad as people want to make it out to be. We should be using McCoy slightly more and if we're going to carry several HBs, we should use some of them too. If Vick isn't turning the ball over (he has been good) and puts us in a position to win (has continually done that) then the play-calling is sufficient enough. We do need to be more balanced, I truly believe that, but it can get us by.

    The defense, is not. The defense lost us the last three games, not Vick. If the defense (though they played a great game) makes a stop in Pittsburgh, we win. If they don't blow TWO 10 point leads, we beat the Lions. I won't even get into the Falcons game, but they flat out stunk it up.

    Is Vick worth his contract? Probably not. Is he going to be here next year? Probably not. If we continue to lose will he be benched? Probably.

    There are a lot of things wrong with this team and while he has had his faults, Vick has not been one of them recently.
    Good post, very well said.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

  14. #359
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    God knows I have been hard on Vick. I wanted no part of him in the first place and still don't until this day. If we continue to lose, I do want to see Foles as the starter. I want to see what it's like to have an accurate QB and hopefully a more balanced attack. As it stands right now, they need to just let Vick do his thing and stop forcing him to be a pocket QB. We saw what happened to McNabb when they forced him to become a pocket QB.

    I want to see if Foles is legit, otherwise I fear we might lose next year too and unless Vick starts getting it done, the change needs to happen. Additionally, maybe it will help wake the rest of the team up, we saw it happen when McNabb was benched in 2008.

    Vick was unbearably bad the first few weeks of the season. Unbearably. To his defense though, he had virtually no preseason to work with due to injury.

    Since week 4, Vick has completed 63% of his passes with 6 Touchdowns and only 2 turnovers. All of that with an average QB rating of 91.3.

    91.3...Think about that.

    People are crying for Vick to be a game manager and that we would be successful, but that is EXACTLY what he has been doing and then some. I have gotten on Vick, I would like to see Foles at some point, but Vick is not the reason we're losing football games.

    The reason is the defense and play calling, though play calling hasn't been as bad as people want to make it out to be. We should be using McCoy slightly more and if we're going to carry several HBs, we should use some of them too. If Vick isn't turning the ball over (he has been good) and puts us in a position to win (has continually done that) then the play-calling is sufficient enough. We do need to be more balanced, I truly believe that, but it can get us by.

    The defense, is not. The defense lost us the last three games, not Vick. If the defense (though they played a great game) makes a stop in Pittsburgh, we win. If they don't blow TWO 10 point leads, we beat the Lions. I won't even get into the Falcons game, but they flat out stunk it up.

    Is Vick worth his contract? Probably not. Is he going to be here next year? Probably not. If we continue to lose will he be benched? Probably.

    There are a lot of things wrong with this team and while he has had his faults, Vick has not been one of them recently.
    yeah. great post.

    91.3 wow. his qb rating in weeks 2, 4 and 5 is 99. think about that.

    also, he had 4 TOs during that period. not 2. 2 picks against the lions and 2 fumbles against pittsburgh. and in the best game he played in your selective stretch he had 2 terrible fumbles in a 2 point loss. one on a 1st and goal! cost us the f'in game! you even admit the d played a "great game" against pittsburgh. held a future hall of fame qb to 16 points. but somehow they lost the game, not the qb who fumbled the ball into the end zone on a first and goal and took 7 points off the board.

    his qb rating in the last 2 games is 80. which as a qb rating puts you about 23rd in the league. both losses. his qb rating for the year? 78.6. good for 25th. we have won despite of vick, not because of him! and in the losses you want to talk about how great he has played!

    SPLITS CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT
    In Wins 71 118 929 60.2 7.87 49 4 6 75.1
    In Losses 86 148 894 58.1 6.04 70 5 2 81.3

    even after the debacle of a defensive performance against atl, we are still 12th in the league in defense (yds/game) and 16th in pts/gm. but it is all playcalling and defense. the same play callers who helped vick to the best year of his career. if we had spagnuolo's (who you all seem to have a boner for) D, we would be 0-7!

    if it is hard to read the stats above, his line in eagles wins is qb rating of 75.1 with 4 td and 6 int (not even counting fumbles). in eagles losses 5 tds and 2 int, 58.1 comp percentage and qb rating of 81.3. now those are some performances we can get behind!
    Last edited by hollywood; 10-31-2012 at 12:42 PM.

  15. #360
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    42,922
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    yeah. great post.

    91.3 wow. his qb rating in weeks 2, 4 and 5 is 99. think about that.

    also, he had 4 TOs during that period. not 2. 2 picks against the lions and 2 fumbles against pittsburgh. and in the best game he played in your selective stretch he had 2 terrible fumbles in a 2 point loss. one on a 1st and goal! cost us the f'in game! you even admit the d played a "great game" against pittsburgh. held a future hall of fame qb to 16 points. but somehow they lost the game, not the qb who fumbled the ball into the end zone on a first and goal and took 7 points off the board.

    his qb rating in the last 2 games is 80. which as a qb rating puts you about 23rd in the league. both losses. his qb rating for the year? 78.6. good for 25th. we have won despite of vick, not because of him! and in the losses you want to talk about how great he has played!

    SPLITS CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT
    In Wins 71 118 929 60.2 7.87 49 4 6 75.1
    In Losses 86 148 894 58.1 6.04 70 5 2 81.3

    even after the debacle of a defensive performance against atl, we are still 12th in the league in defense (yds/game) and 16th in pts/gm. but it is all playcalling and defense. the same play callers who helped vick to the best year of his career. if we had spagnuolo's (who you all seem to have a boner for) D, we would be 0-7!

    if it is hard to read the stats above, his line in eagles wins is qb rating of 75.1 with 4 td and 6 int (not even counting fumbles). in eagles losses 5 tds and 2 int, 58.1 comp percentage and qb rating of 81.3. now those are some performances we can get behind!
    The fumble at the goal line didn't cost us any points, as points are never guaranteed. Sure it hurt, but we had the lead with our defense ready to seal the deal. Defense let us down. So no, it didn't take 7 points off the board. It also happened very early in the game, hard to justify the loss on that isolated play.

    Then there were the 2 ten point leads he gave us with Zona that the D failed to protect.

    Keep making him out to be the scapegoat. All your stats have shown is that in our losses, Vick wasn't the only problem.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •