Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    You know what the problems are?

We called 17 rushes(16 for mccoy)... and we threw it 35 times.

Who is our best player? Give him the ball! So tired of this throw to set up a run garbage when our best players under andy have been 36 and 25.

We didn't make atlanta punt until the 4th quarter. Ya that's a problem.

We didn't have a sack in something like 165 opponent pass attempts. Yeah, that's a problem.

Letting our QB get hit 20 times in back to back games? Yes, that's a small problem.

Has vick been great? No. He is far from our biggest issue though. I don't understand this clammoring for a QB change. Maybe our team just isn't that good in key areas? O-line, D-Line and safety are kind of important. I can't even say our WRS are playing that great right now either.

Missed tackles, dropped passes, dropped interceptions, missed blocks, bad play calling.. the list goes on. Vick deserves SOME of the blame for the turnovers, but COME ON.

Oh, and... starting a rookie QB on the road in a dome on primetime on a crazy week because of the storm... that sounds like a great idea too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    You know what the problems are?

We called 17 rushes(16 for mccoy)... and we threw it 35 times.

Who is our best player? Give him the ball! So tired of this throw to set up a run garbage when our best players under andy have been 36 and 25.

We didn't make atlanta punt until the 4th quarter. Ya that's a problem.

We didn't have a sack in something like 165 opponent pass attempts. Yeah, that's a problem.

Letting our QB get hit 20 times in back to back games? Yes, that's a small problem.

Has vick been great? No. He is far from our biggest issue though. I don't understand this clammoring for a QB change. Maybe our team just isn't that good in key areas? O-line, D-Line and safety are kind of important. I can't even say our WRS are playing that great right now either.

Missed tackles, dropped passes, dropped interceptions, missed blocks, bad play calling.. the list goes on. Vick deserves SOME of the blame for the turnovers, but COME ON.

Oh, and... starting a rookie QB on the road in a dome on primetime on a crazy week because of the storm... that sounds like a great idea too.
    Reported for no use of blind hate. This isn't allowed here.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Anyone ever take you up on that bet BDawk?
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...medium=twitter

Not yet, but it's still on the table.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Looks like the overreaction will leave some of you broken hearted after all.

vCash
    You can't run Shady behind that O-Line so either you throw on first down, or you have 2nd or 3rd down and long. Either you improve the o-line, change the scheme to hide their weaknesses, or draw up different plays to play to catch the defense by surprise.

Andy and Marty keep acting like they can run the same offense without Peters and Kelce in there, but its not working. I know everyone keeps saying, "One guy out, next guy in, we have faith in our bench", but that's just not how it works. Peters was the best lineman in football last year so you can't expect King or Bell to be able to do the same things he did.

Kelce setting up the blocking schemes and essentially spoon-fed Vick what the defense was doing. Reynolds can't diagnose plays like Kelce, and certainly can't get to the next level of defenders like he could. Its amazes me that Big Red and Marty can't see this after all the tape they go through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    You can't run Shady behind that O-Line so either you throw on first down, or you have 2nd or 3rd down and long. Either you improve the o-line, change the scheme to hide their weaknesses, or draw up different plays to play to catch the defense by surprise.

Andy and Marty keep acting like they can run the same offense without Peters and Kelce in there, but its not working. I know everyone keeps saying, "One guy out, next guy in, we have faith in our bench", but that's just not how it works. Peters was the best lineman in football last year so you can't expect King or Bell to be able to do the same things he did.

Kelce setting up the blocking schemes and essentially spoon-fed Vick what the defense was doing. Reynolds can't diagnose plays like Kelce, and certainly can't get to the next level of defenders like he could. Its amazes me that Big Red and Marty can't see this after all the tape they go through.
    Peters wasn't the best lineman in football. One of them sure, but not the best.

And this Oline has done fine run blocking this season. Their issue has been pass protection.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Peters wasn't the best lineman in football. One of them sure, but not the best.

And this Oline has done fine run blocking this season. Their issue has been pass protection.
    Peters was widely known as the best o-lineman in football last year, of course others will argue differently, but I was mostly making a point.

Lesean McCoy;

207 rushes - 13.8/game
    1,080 yards - 72/game
    5.2 ypc
    7 touchdowns - .46/game

273 rushes - 18.2/game
    1,309 yards - 87.3/game
    4.8 ypc
    17 touchdowns - 1.13/game

127 rushes - 18.14/game
    504 yards - 72/game
    4.0 ypc
    2 touchdowns - 0.28/game

Its pretty obvious our running game has fallen off since he has as many attempts as last year, but averages 15 less yards per game and almost a full touchdown less a game. So, you can say our run blocking has been fine, but either that isn't true, or Shady is playing VERY poorly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Looks like the overreaction will leave some of you broken hearted after all.

I couldn't believe Reid would even entertain the idea of starting Foles. We're playing the Saints who haven't been all that good this year and have a poor defense. We should win this game. We're still in playoff contention and I think Vick gives us the best chance to win.

Plus, how can you throw a rookie QB into the starting lineup on MNF in the superdome?

If Vick doesn't play well against that terrible defense and the Eagles lose......well, then you have a decision to make.

vCash
    I couldn't believe Reid would even entertain the idea of starting Foles. We're playing the Saints who haven't been all that good this year and have a poor defense. We should win this game. We're still in playoff contention and I think Vick gives us the best chance to win.

Plus, how can you throw a rookie QB into the starting lineup on MNF in the superdome?

If Vick doesn't play well against that terrible defense and the Eagles lose......well, then you have a decision to make.
    If we lose AND it's Vick's fault, I agree, it's time to consider it.

vCash
    Hypothetically speaking, if the Eagles are 3-5 or 3-6 and Vick is playing like he has been, but not like a $100 million QB, do you play Foles? Or do you play Vick and plan to cut and re-sign him later?

vCash
    I don't know, it's just my opinion but I don't see anything from this team that makes me think they have a chance at winning a Superbowl. Which is the only thing I care about. Could they make a run with Vick and get in the playoffs, yeah, maybe. Could they make a run with Foles, it's possible, not likely though. But it's clear this team need a change, the philosophy is wrong. They're a big play quick strike offense (that can't do anything right now) with a defense that can't get off the field.This defense needs an offense which controls time of possession. Vick is not a ball control dink and dunk accurate QB. Period. Is Foles, who knows. If he sucks, I want to know now so I can plan to replace him this off-season. If he shows something, then maybe all we need is a competent backup. Starting him on MNF is not that big of a deal. He would be playing against the worst defense in the league, one of the worst in history to this point. Sounds like a smart time to start him to me. If he can't play in Prime Time then he's probably not mentally strong enough to hold up in the NFL. Again, I want to know this now, not next season.

vCash
    Hypothetically speaking, if the Eagles are 3-5 or 3-6 and Vick is playing like he has been, but not like a $100 million QB, do you play Foles? Or do you play Vick and plan to cut and re-sign him later?
    I would still play Foles. If Vick is not in your future plans why play him? It's kind of obvious that Vick is not going to be the Eagles starting QB next season. See what you have and move on.

vCash
    Does anyone seriously think the Eagles can beat the Saints?With or without Vick?Drew Brees will torch the D.As bad as the Saints D is they still have Steve Spagnaulo and,he knows the Eagles all too well.

vCash
    I would cut and try and restructure. I still feel he gives us the best chance to win going forward. Assuming our OL is fixed and defense is adjusted.

vCash
    Give Vick some damn stickum just don't let the refs catch them!Then let him run like Forest Gump.The pocket passing ain't gonna work especially with the sheet they call an offensive line.Come to think of it a sheet may give better protection.

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast