Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    also this is not like its the first season vick has played like this...Its been a good while now so it is clearly not just a bad stretch
    That's my issue with Vick. This has been an issue since the end of 2010 until now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Trolls gonna troll.

Yes, look at all those turnovers yesterday by Vick, damn he sucks, get rid of him!!!!!

Vick has also given the team leads late int he games where the defense couldn't stop 90+ yard scoring drives for the win. Vick gets the blame, but the defense has been garbage as well.
    Vick gave them leads in games where the defense dominated and was the only reason they were in that game in the first place. The defense outside of this week and the last quarter of the detroit game has been really good. The defense can not expect to always come up big and they have had to with how bad this offense has been this year.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Trolls gonna troll.

Vick has also given the team leads late int he games where the defense couldn't stop 90+ yard scoring drives for the win. Vick gets the blame, but the defense has been garbage as well.
    Yes, after the defense kept the team in those games after Vicks MANY turnovers. It goes both ways. Those games could have/should have been blowouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    So we can count on you hating foles from the word go. Sounds like itll be fun
    I don't hate Foles at all, not in the least. I think he has the chance to be a decent QB as a matter of fact.

I just don't think the team set up the way it is right now will help him, at all. Look at Brady Quinn yesterday, everybody wanted a change and look, first quarter he goes down, killed due to a terrible offensive line. The same thing they were blaming Cassell for. Same arguments were used with Kolb. He's taller, smarter, quicker release. What happened behind a terrible OL? He got killed.

I see the same in foles future if they don;t address the real problems. OL, playcalling. Fix those 2 things, this is a legit contender.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I do not think he is the answer either and agree the best chance is probably with Vick right now...I would go with foles next season when he has a full off season of preparation... I do not buy the getting murdered behind the line... I think his ability to see over his Oline and his much quicker release will help the Oline as long as he makes quick decisions which I think he will because he has to be smarter than vick.

The Oline is not good but vick makes this line worse with holding on to the ball forever and his running into pressure.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jcupo6 View Post
    Yes, after the defense kept the team in those games after Vicks MANY turnovers. It goes both ways. Those games could have/should have been blowouts.
    I don't disagree, Vick hurt this team with turnovers early. I'm not disputing that. for the bad he caused, he still found a way to keep the team in it at the end. If the defense makes a few key stops, all of this is water under the bridge.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    nice to see that Andy wont have to bench Mike Vick and that the "leader of our team" is ok with being benched..

our defense.... please... again I say this... how do you expect our defense to do anything when the time of possession is so unbalanced. The first 2 quarters was pathetic 3 and outs.... Once the offense clicks the defense does too....were the most "explosive" team in the nfl right? how many points per game we score?

oh wait... look ill show you

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game

KANSAS CITY score more then us per game.... KANSAS FREAKING CITY......were in 30th place... pathetic..

STOP BLAMING THE DAMN DEFENSE! When your on the field for 2/3 of the first half because the OFFENSE CANNOT MOVE THE BALL then thats a problem. WE ARE the 2nd worst team in NFL HISTORY in the first quarter. Unless that changes this year we will finish entrenched in that record book.

Our defense is better then average...

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team...fense-category 12/32

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team...fense-category 18/32

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team...fense-category 20/32 (safeties :cry

And dont even get me started on our special teams...

returning kickoffs or punts....

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team...fense-category 32/32

and our defending / tackling / opponent field position.......

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team...fense-category 24/32

so again... stop blaming the defense...its more then them / Andy. It starts with moving the ball and winning the field position game...
    thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jcupo6 View Post
    You're not listening to what most people on here are saying... The entire team deserves blame for that loss. Offense, defense and special teams. But the fact is your QB is the leader on offense. An offense which is currently one of the worst in the NFL. The defense deserves blame, Andy deserves blame, and Vick deserves plenty of blame too. To deny that is ********. While he didn't cause the loss, he played no better than average. Average is not good enough.
    yes.

vCash
    I've never claimed Vick to be great, but he's good enough to help this team, and he is the best option we have to win now.

If and when we go to Foles, much like what happened with Kolb, many will regret it.

Foles will get murdered behind this line.
    we won't regret it. if he sucks, he sucks. we move on from there. i, for one, will not regret it even if he is terrible. i want to find out and i think it is time.

vCash
    nice to see that Andy wont have to bench Mike Vick and that the "leader of our team" is ok with being benched..

our defense.... please... again I say this... how do you expect our defense to do anything when the time of possession is so unbalanced. The first 2 quarters was pathetic 3 and outs.... Once the offense clicks the defense does too....were the most "explosive" team in the nfl right? how many points per game we score?

oh wait... look ill show you

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game

KANSAS CITY score more then us per game.... KANSAS FREAKING CITY......were in 30th place... pathetic..

STOP BLAMING THE DAMN DEFENSE! When your on the field for 2/3 of the first half because the OFFENSE CANNOT MOVE THE BALL then thats a problem. WE ARE the 2nd worst team in NFL HISTORY in the first quarter. Unless that changes this year we will finish entrenched in that record book.

Our defense is better then average...

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team...fense-category 12/32

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team...fense-category 18/32

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team...fense-category 20/32 (safeties :cry

And dont even get me started on our special teams...

returning kickoffs or punts....

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team...fense-category 32/32

and our defending / tackling / opponent field position.......

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team...fense-category 24/32

so again... stop blaming the defense...its more then them / Andy. It starts with moving the ball and winning the field position game...
    Fun stat:

Even though our defense is ranked 12 in your findings here, they have allowed an average of 70 yars more per game in the last 3 games then they have towards their season average. ALL 3 games resulting in losses.

Philly is also 27th in the league with creating turnovers. We won't even discuss lack of QB pressure/knockdowns/sacks, that would be too easy.

Philly is 5th in the league in defensive penalties.

Philly defense is averaging allowing 4 more points per game in the last 3, compared to their season average.

Philly is 5th in giving up the most points per 2nd half in the NFL.

Keep piling it on Vick, just make sure you save some to sprinkle on the defense too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    we won't regret it. if he sucks, he sucks. we move on from there. i, for one, will not regret it even if he is terrible. i want to find out and i think it is time.
    While we are at it, let's find out how all of our 2nd string guys are.

vCash
    By the way its not just Vick. I think nnamdi, babin, and every safety not named colt Anderson have played themselves out of Philly

Line I don't judge because half of them are backups filling in for injured anyways. But Dallas Reynolds has to go. He's awful

vCash
    Fun stat:

Even though our defense is ranked 12 in your findings here, they have allowed an average of 70 yars more per game in the last 3 games then they have towards their season average. ALL 3 games resulting in losses.

Philly is also 27th in the league with creating turnovers. We won't even discuss lack of QB pressure/knockdowns/sacks, that would be too easy.

Philly defense is averaging allowing 4 more points per game in the last 3, compared to their season average.

Keep piling it on Vick, just make sure you save some to sprinkle on the defense too.
    defense has not been good. happy to sprinkle it on them. not too many personnel moves to make on defense. not going to bench nnamdi.

vCash
    I've never claimed Vick to be great, but he's good enough to help this team, and he is the best option we have to win now.

If and when we go to Foles, much like what happened with Kolb, many will regret it.

Foles will get murdered behind this line.
    I never said once Vick is the main problem. Clearly Nnadmi is not what he was not even a shell of what he was in Oakland when he had safety protection. But to say he's the BEST option when we haven't even seen what Foles has to offer is just asinine. Yes most likely Vick is the best option but we cannot say for sure. I just want him to make better reads and grow like 6 inches.

I don't disagree, Vick hurt this team with turnovers early. I'm not disputing that. for the bad he caused, he still found a way to keep the team in it at the end. If the defense makes a few key stops, all of this is water under the bridge.
    Now when you say "keep the team in it at the end" you mean the opposing team right???? Hahahah owned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    thank you.
    Facts are facts.....film is film. That's the stuff that doesn't lie on game day.

Fun stat:

I admire number bring numbers on. Can't expect our defense to carry every stat department and yes we are way below what we all expect and want as far as the TAKE AWAYS. But hey at least we're rocking the GIVE AWAYS right???

Some of those stats are construed. You were fishing for stats and reasons lol we could go into detail on each one but that's pointless

Fact remains its not the defense. It's not Vick. It's not the coaching. It's everything and Lurie should be rolling heads

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld:

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com that Eagles coach Andy Reid has been considering benching Michael Vick since the halfway point of last season.
    The Eagles started last season 3-6, and Reid was reportedly "hoping" Vince Young would play well enough to supplant Vick as the starter. Young didn't come close to meeting Reid's expectations, of course, so he was forced to turn back to Vick. Per PFT's Mike Florio, it's becoming a "foregone conclusion" that Vick won't be back with Philadelphia in 2013 at his $15.5 million salary. It's expected that the Eagles will release Vick "right after the Super Bowl."
    ray: ty lord!!! you guys know how i feel about vick on a personal level

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    ray: ty lord!!! you guys know how i feel about vick on a personal level
    No one here expected Vick to be here next year, barring a Superbowl win.

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast