Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Wilmington, DE and South Philadelphia, PA
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I meant more designed rolls to his left to get outside the pocket.

I didn't factor in left handed and inadvertently typed right. Sue me.
    You didn't factor in Vick being left handed? Ok.

We do roll Vick to his left a fair amount in games.

Sorry, I just don't understand. You said right, you meant right. Then flip flopped because people corrected you that Vick is horrible throwing while running to his right. Don't try and cover it up. Be honest. It's ok to be wrong, I would know! Hahahaha
    Last edited by petski; 09-27-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    I miss football!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petski View Post
    You didn't factor in Vick being left handed? Ok.

We do roll Vick to his left a fair amount in games.

Sorry, I just don't understand. You said right, you meant right. Then flip flopped because people corrected you that Vick is horrible throwing while running to his right. Don't try and cover it up. Be honest. It's ok to be wrong, I would know! Hahahaha
    Now I remember why I had you on the ignore list, back you go, get comfy.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Vick's performance has much more to do with Reid than it does with Vick. W T H is wrong with Reid and MM and their topsy-f'ing-turvey playcalling. It is getting depressing. 1) Establish the run 2) Establish the intermediate routes 3) Bombs away 4) Run the ball. It is not that hard. I loved MM's quote the other day about him wanting to attack and not be conservative, as if passing is the only way to attack a defense. Whisenhunt had his team playing conservatively knowing Mornhinweg would be a f'ing idiot and give his team the ball in good field position. Mornhinweg doesn't understand the composition of his offensive players and needs to wake up fast. Vick's explosion on the Redskins two years ago is not indicative of his current skill level. He continues "attacking" Vick will be dead by the end of the season. The Eagles offense is more suited to be a running football team with OCCASIONAL long bombs when the safeties and backers BELIEVE you are going to run the ball because you ACTUALLY RUN THE BALL earlier in the game. Despite what MM believes, the Eagles are much more suited for 50-50 or 60-40 run/pass as opposed to his "60/40 pass/run." /rant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    Ok, well lately (as in this year) the Eagles have a top 5 offense. And they were top 5 last year too. So that's what Andy Reid has done for me lately
    Top 5 in offense because the other team's offense is never on the field because of Reid's playcalling?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
    Is it really crazy to think that Foles might be a better fit than a guy who is averaging close to 4 turnovers a game? I think if Foles were to be the starter it might make Andy consider more of a run first philosophy and to use less risky pass plays. Our defense looks amazing despite being on the field a majority of the game and playing with a short field a lot. If we cut down the turnovers our D would look even better. Maybe if Foles can come in and just manage the game we might be better off.
    This is why Foles looked good in the preseason. They mixed in runs with slants and intermediate routes (actual WCO system). You can take your chances on deep throws later on when you can threaten with the run.

vCash
    Honestly there should not be a QB controversy at all even with Vick struggling. If someone expects this team to compete for a playoff spot and simultaneously thinks Foles should be starting, you are delusional. It's Vick until he gets hurt or has another Cleveland Browns game with 4+ picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIlladelph16 View Post
    Honestly there should not be a QB controversy at all even with Vick struggling. If someone expects this team to compete for a playoff spot and simultaneously thinks Foles should be starting, you are delusional. It's Vick until he gets hurt or has another Cleveland Browns game with 4+ picks.
    Who thought Tom Brady should start over Drew Bledsoe before he got injured?

vCash
    I think this is the reason why, no matter how badly Vick struggles, Reid has refused to put in Foles. He does not want to have another Kolb/Vick situation, so he's avoiding it as best as he could.

The only way we see Foles is if we are below .500 and Vick is still struggling badly.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    He had a Mcnabb/Kolb situation the moment Kolb was drafted. There's going to be a 'qb controversy' until a franchise QB is found. The days of deciding between bobby hoying, Ty Detmer and so on are back until another Mcnabb comes along.

vCash
    I agree with you to a certain extent but lets also not forget Kolb was a second round pick and fans immediately thought he was going to be the QB that takes over once McNabb is done and just like now the moment McNabb struggled or couldn't lead us to a SB the fans would immediately jump on him and push for Kolb.

It's really to early to panic but the media down there and fans really jump the gun and are extremely impatient. Foles wouldn't make that big a difference IMO because Vick to an extent is a problem, but Foles will get killed just like Stafford did in his first year because our O-line is just not good and he would literally be put in so much pressure situations which I don't think he's ready for yet. He still has happy feet and he got away with it in the preseason but its harder to get by with happy feet in the regular season as witnessed by Kevin Kolb.

I still think he needs a full year as a backup with some garbage minutes to get more reads to help further his game.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    ive only read the last 2 pages but why hasnt anyone brought up vicks lack of audibles? when the Manning/brady/brees type player stand under center they take charge,they throw out orders left and right. they hot route receivers, adjust blocking alignments but vick just looks at the saftey blitz and then gets hit by the saftey, not once changing the play. I believe his lack of reading defenses is his biggest problem, a team in a basic inside 4-3 playing man with 2 high safties could still confuse vick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FoamyChicken View Post
    ive only read the last 2 pages but why hasnt anyone brought up vicks lack of audibles? when the Manning/brady/brees type player stand under center they take charge,they throw out orders left and right. they hot route receivers, adjust blocking alignments but vick just looks at the saftey blitz and then gets hit by the saftey, not once changing the play. I believe his lack of reading defenses is his biggest problem, a team in a basic inside 4-3 playing man with 2 high safties could still confuse vick.
    no reason to bring up something as complicated as an audible when the person in question can't even do a simple three step drop and throw.

vCash

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    If Vick struggles again tonight and we lose, it's definitely time to start strongly considering giving Foles a start.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    If Vick struggles again tonight and we lose, it's definitely time to start strongly considering giving Foles a start.
    I'm more on the give Vick until the bye week, if it continues them give foles the start coming out of the bye

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast