Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
    vCash
    I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone of my RGIII prediction from the draft.

Every single person in here scoffed at me for saying he was already better than Vick, and that he would make the Redskins legitimate this year.

This kid will terrorize this division for as long as he's in the league.

Delete this post if you want to, i'm just getting my "i told you so" out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone of my RGIII prediction from the draft.

Every single person in here scoffed at me for saying he was already better than Vick, and that he would make the Redskins legitimate this year.

This kid will terrorize this division for as long as he's in the league.

Delete this post if you want to, i'm just getting my "i told you so" out there.
    Um, I was on the RGIII thing from the word go. Dude is legit.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I liked RGIII but preferred Luck.

vCash
    There were a few who wanted to make the move and were willing to sacrifice the draft but a lot of people were so hell bent on not giving up that many picks. It's not people didn't want RG3 they just felt there were to many holes to fill to give up a draft.

But it's not like we came out with a bust, we got a beast DT, that's going to wreck havoc on that side of the ball for years to come which is our biggest weakness right now.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    I liked RGIII but preferred Luck.
    I still prefer luck. Luck has been incredible. He is so in control mentally for a rookie it's almost ridiculous. He truly is the qb savant

He's impressed me more than RGIII or newton ever did

vCash
    I'd easily rather have RG3 , no question about it.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I still prefer luck. Luck has been incredible. He is so in control mentally for a rookie it's almost ridiculous. He truly is the qb savant

He's impressed me more than RGIII or newton ever did
    Same here. RGIII looks fantastic, but he's running a type of offense I expect the NFL to catch up to, and he takes entirely too many hits to keep healthy over the long haul.

Luck looks like he's in that Brady/Manning mold.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    i like rgiii, but i'd still take luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Same here. RGIII looks fantastic, but he's running a type of offense I expect the NFL to catch up to, and he takes entirely too many hits to keep healthy over the long haul.

Exactly. I expect RGIII to have a newton esque sophomore slump. When you run college offenses panthers, wildcat etc teams are shocked at first but then teams catch up and figure it out. Learn how to stop it

Andrew is running a pro style offense, making reads, audibling. Andrew luck will grow, only get better

RGIII will likely take a step back before he takes any steps forward

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

agree 100%.

vCash
    I like Luck to but that offense they run with Cam and RG3 would be so amazing if we used it just sucks we won't and don't.

Look at all the players we have on offense to run the option with. We should try using some variation of it next year.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Exactly. I expect RGIII to have a newton esque sophomore slump. When you run college offenses panthers, wildcat etc teams are shocked at first but then teams catch up and figure it out. Learn how to stop it

Andrew is running a pro style offense, making reads, audibling. Andrew luck will grow, only get better

RGIII will likely take a step back before he takes any steps forward

you're not factoring RGIII's accuracy and poise in your argument. Newton simply does not have these things. He's not nearly as accurate and he's not as clutch.

you're talking about a kid in RGIII, who in his rookie season, has only 1 loss in his division and that was only because his secondary completely blew a coverage with just over a minute to play AFTER he had put them ahead and seemingly ended the game.

RGIII is the truth. period. you think he's gonna take a step back you're making a mistake. kid is gonna terrorize this division for as long as he's in it.

he truly is everything you could possibly want in a QB. people think Mike Vick was electrifying?? please. he doesn't even come close to this kid, and i said it before RGIII was even drafted.

vCash
    It's even better to keep patting oneself on the back. It's about the coolest thing to do ever

vCash
    RGlll and Newton aren't even close in terms of comparability. Sure they share freakish athletic abilities, but RGlll actually wants to learn the position. Cam will be Vick 2.0. He'll be a stellar fantasy option but a terrible franchise QB. RGlll has that "it" factor, Cam has that "me" factor.

Having said that, I also expect him to have a sophomore slump much like Newton. IMO, even though I think it's a stupid argument, he has the best chance to become the next "black" QB to win a SB.

vCash
    Luck=RG3 2013
    Luck>RG3 2020 RG3 depends too much on his legs. And as we have seen with every running QB, when there legs go. They become average.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast