Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Wilmington, DE and South Philadelphia, PA
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    more like a coaching controversy, what the hell is Andy doing passin over 50 times, run 20? really? with McCoy, and 3 other RB that can run the ball.
    Andy really need to get his act together, run the ball, we have 4 half backs! use them!
    Get mad at Marty, not Andy so much for this. I have always been in favor of Andy calling plays and not Marty. Granted, I dont think there would be too much of a difference in the run to pass ratio, but I tend to think that Andy would have given the ball to McCoy around 25 times.
    I miss football!!!!

vCash

Andy Reid On Starting QB Situation: ‘We’ll Evaluate As We Go’

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...uate-as-we-go/

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – It was an otherwise normal press conference for Andy Reid today, wrapping up the Eagles’ terrible performance in their 27-6 loss to the Cardinals. Right before he said “time’s yours,” he remarked that he has to “do a better job.” You’ve heard it before.

That was until a statement he made about Michael Vick, that left a window at least cracked that Reid will consider a quarterback change.

“Right now we’re with Michael. That’s what we’re doing. We’ll evaluate it as we go,” Reid said.

It might be nothing, but it sounded like something.

Vick did not play well against the Cardinals. The offensive line and Reid’s play calling didn’t do him any favors, but Vick clearly took a step back toward his performance against the Browns after a solid effort against the Ravens. Vick’s quarterback rating of 66.2 ranks 29th in the NFL.

“[Vick] is getting hit way too much. That’s gotta end,” Reid said. Reid noted that while it was not all Vick’s fault, he was holding the ball too long on occasion.
    And so let the QB controversy begin?
    Last edited by Knowledge; 09-24-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    this is about 60% vicks incredibly poor performance, and 40% nick foles impressing in the preseason

if kafka was still #2 i don't think they'd even come close to thinking about this. i think nick foles impressed them enough to see a life after or passed vick. something that they probably didn't see with kafka.

i doubt they make this change, but this is smelling like mcnabb 2008, that NFC championship year where he just wasn't playing well and got benched and then came out firing, and then in 2009 reverted back to under performing and was gracefully shown the door

oddly enough the giants won the superbowl the season before that

vCash
    Well, if a QB change happens, it probably won't be against the Giants unless Vick throws 3 picks in the first half or something crazy like that. The fact that Andy didn't clearly state that Vick is the QB of this team for the season just opened up Pandora's box for the media/fanbase here.

We have seen this before with Matthews at MLB before being replaced by Chaney, Kolb at QB before being replace by Vick, and McNabb in season closing press conference before he was jettisoned.

One interesting point brought up by BGN was that with practice being closed to the media, there is no way to know if Foles is taking first team reps. All speculation, but still.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 09-24-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post

Giants game might determine the season for us.... Its weird too think that a week four game might have that much weight, but this team had played so horribly in these three Weeks that they are either going to start playing like they are e or Reid is going to find guys that will

vCash

Mike Vick beyond this season

First off Im a vick supporter even though game day I might leave rude comments about him but I do that only when he deserves it. Also I was a supporter of vicks long before he became a eagle. I just wanted to clarify that.

Anyways Hes playing really bad, really bad. Granted the line is bad, coaching hasn't been great either but no matter what he has played horrible. The worst vick I have ever seen. I dont support benching him this early in the season, after all we are still leading the division and its early so he could pick it up. However if we fall below .500 and have a few games left and hes playing the same then I would think about the future and giving Foles some playing time.

6 INTS
    5 Fumbles
    3 TD's
    66.2 QB rating (BELOW JOSH FREEMAN AND ABOVE BRANDON WEEDEN)

Its a long season so he should improve but I doubt he will improve to a point where he is playing up to his huge contract. Hes owed $17 million, would you guys keep vick next season for that much??? or cut him.

My input:
    Now he is owed something like $17 million for the next season. IMO Vick is not worth $17 million a season. I would cut him, No team would trade for his contract. I would cut him and try trading up and drafting a top tier QB in the Draft (Tyler wilson, Matt barkley or Logan Thomas are some top tier QB's for next years draft). and say we dont draft a top QB prospect then Id look into FA and maybe evne go with foles. Vick needs to be cut and probably will be, its in the teams best interest

vCash
    I wouldn't touch Tyler Wilson or Logan Thomas with a 10 foot pole in the 1st round. Much better prospects out there

vCash
    Well, if a QB change happens, it probably won't be against the Giants unless Vick throws 3 picks in the first half or something crazy like that. The fact that Andy didn't clearly state that Vick is the QB of this team for the season just opened up Pandora's box for the media/fanbase here.

We have seen this before with Matthews at MLB before being replaced by Chaney, Kolb at QB before being replace by Vick, and McNabb in season closing press conference before he was jettisoned.

One interesting point brought up by BGN was that with practice being closed to the media, there is no way to know if Foles is taking first team reps. All speculation, but still.

If that's an abnormality there is a likelihood that foles is getting some 1st team snaps. Im 100% sure he's not getting all of them but if they've abnormaly close a practice off to the media then foles is definitely getting snaps

They are putting Vick on notice basically saying we aren't benching you yet, but if this doesn't improve, if you don't improve it's gonna happen

They are showing him their willingness IMO

vCash
    The guy from USC is cool.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    aaaaaand we are back

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    The guy from USC is cool.
    Barkley is going #1-5. We won't be in position nor shoulde we try to get into position

I love Barkley but our offensive line needs another piece, or we need a big WR to allow desean to only be a movement guy/PR

But if I had to rate qbs it'd be

Barkley
    Bray
    Murray
    Geno smith
    Tyler wilson

Guys I like for us, tahj boyd, Keith price, ej Manuel because they are all mid round picks which is where we should be picking a qb with foles here

vCash
    at the moment I prefer Foles to anyone other than Barkley.

As to Vick,no he isn't gonna be the guy they want him to be,that said he sure could be a lot better with improved protection and play calling.i/e run the ball!!

vCash

all this tells me is that we need a change, and it starts with play calling! i know guys are saying it's the OC and not Andy but Andy is the Head Coach, he has got to get things done, i think they want Vick to fail by the way they call the games. if i'm Vick, i'm changing the calls at the line and giving this team a chance.
    ANDY SUCK!!!!!!!!
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    I would like to see Vick fail in a system/scheme tailored to his strengths, before giving up on him.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Unfortunately, barring the first ten games of the 2010 season, Vick has never been a complete quarterback. It seems to me that much of that season's success occurred while teams did not have recent film on him. However, I do not believe it is time for Foles. We should ride Vick until the end of the season and/or they are not in playoff contention any longer.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast