Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Am I the only one who's not worried? Ok, we were lucky to beat Cleveland today, a team that we should've steamrolled. Vick threw 4 interceptions. It's just that it's only the first game of the season, don't you think that it's too early to press the panic button?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    One was off Maclin where he alligator armed it
    He didnt alligator the ball. It was a bad throw by Vick. Also there is no QB controversy here. People need to calm down and quit acting like idiots. Vick had a bad game but also drove us down for the winning score. Hes our QB for the year. They are trying to win a SB right now and they are not going to put a rookie QB in. Also get over the fact that we pass all the time. That is how Reid has ran this offense since hes been here and it will never change. GO EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    Am I the only one who's not worried? Ok, we were lucky to beat Cleveland today, a team that we should've steamrolled. Vick threw 4 interceptions. It's just that it's only the first game of the season, don't you think that it's too early to press the panic button?
    Yeah it is to early to panic. Vick barely played in the preseason. The big thing is we won the game. Alot of our fellow Eagle fans arent happy unless they have something to complain about. Some of the comments on here are just plain childish. Such as kill vick, put in foles all ready, i think i saw a fire reid comment all ready. People need to quit acting like idiots. GO EAGLES
    Last edited by streetsmarts13; 09-09-2012 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    Yes it is,however everyone kept saying don't panic last year and we all know how that turned out.My point being is that last year is still heavy on everyones mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    Yes it is,however everyone kept saying don't panic last year and we all know how that turned out.My point being is that last year is still heavy on everyones mind.
    I know what you mean but last year we dont win this game. Vick put us in a big hole and got us the game winning drive.

vCash
    Many of you are missing the main point to take from today's game. I completely understand Vick's rust due to the lack of practice and game action he saw this preseason due to the hand and rib injuries. He showed some rust on some throws and he deserves a game to get get that rust off.

That being said, decision making and the ability to read a defense is different than a timing route that is slightly off. Today we saw the same Vick that we've seen the last 10 years. A guy whose athleticism and risk-taking tendencies have the ability to win you games, but also the ability to single handedly lose you games.

Vick hasn't significantly improved in those areas. He continually failed to recognize the blitz and in turn adjust the blocking scheme. Can the Eagles win a super bowl with Vick at QB? I'm not going to say no because the defense showed signs of being very very good today and winning a super bowl is about all the parts coming together at the right time and i believe that can happen, however I think it is VERY unlikely and the Eagles need to prepare to move on from Vick when he gets hurt this season.

Hopefully we get to see enough of Foles this season to decide if we should draft a guy like Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray in the draft. (Please not Logan Thomas)

vCash

Really, people?
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Peyton manning didn't play in like a year an a half. Let's not use missing 3 weeks as an excuse

This isn't a new thing. Vick had 18tds and 14ints. Barely above a 1:1 ratio. He did this last year and it needs to stop. How it stops is simplifying the game for him

Quick passes, roll outs, play action

No more drop back, 5 read plays where his job is to read the entire field and make a play. He isn't capable of being successful like this

Hell since the last 6 games of 2010 he's been doing this. He's incapable of reading the field. He keys in on receivers and if they arent open he takes a hit.

Run the ball, make the passes 2-3 reads at most, with most of them being on the move or on play action

vCash
    Peyton is THE best QB ever......Vick is not even close.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Peyton is THE best QB ever......Vick is not even close.
    100% agreed. The Brady vs. Peyton arguments always made me laugh. Remember when Brady was lost for the season? The Pats went 11&5. Remember when Peyton was lost for the season? Yeah, exactly my point. I've never seen a QB literally have as much weight on his shoulders than Peyton Manning. They say football is a team sport, which it is, but Peyton WAS that team. IMO Peyton is the GOAT.

As for the topic, people need to have their head examined if they think Foles is the answer for the rest of this season.

vCash
    People have already said it, make the offense fit Vick. Let's make things more fluid, quick passes, get the ball in the hands of the playmakers. Take shots when the offense has some flow going, third and long isn't a place we want to be at.

vCash
    Best thing this team can do is establish Shady early. Get him some runs going a few screens and allow him to suck those linebackers and safties up to the line.

First Vick is much better when he has a rythm...and the play action is always more believable when the run has been established. I'm not a vick fan (I think he takes too many hits and will miss too many games), but he is the best thing we have right now and no reason to even consider switching...its sink or swim.

vCash
    The real solution is why doesn't Andy Ried Run the ball with MCCOY. Relieve some of the pressure off Vick and let McCoy run through defenses. It just doesn't make sense.

Props to NoFunLeague

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacManus View Post
    How many of today's INTs were tipped?
    Only one of the 4 INTS wasn't Vicks fault. The INTs that were tipped were still throws into double/triple coverage that should not have been made in the first place.

vCash
    There's really only one thing that concerns me when it comes to this offense.

Now I don't want anyone to think I'm bashing on McCoy (because I think he's top 3 as a RB)...but, and this is merely a criticism....He bounces his runs to the outside all the time....If McCoy were to hit the hole at the line from time to time he'd draw the SS in....by McCoy going to the outside all the time the SS is free to float out in pass coverage more on the playaction. Our playactioon was 3 WR and a TE on 6-7defenders....which doesn't allow for a very good matchup...Cleveland most ran 4-5 man rushes....The first possession when McCoy ran thought about running up the gut, he changed his mind and tried to bounce to the outside...he fumbled...

McCoy will get his yardage....but if the defense focuses mainly on Vick (like Cleveland did yesterday) the Eagles will not be successful....

I could be wrong about that...but I was a little frustrated that the line doesn't get to do what they're practicing...and that's attacking the D-Line so the RB's can attack the line for a gain.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast