Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Guess the point spread for Florida State vs Savannah State

For those unaware Savannah State played Oklahoma State last week and got their doors blown off 84-0.... This week they play Florida State. Savannah State was only 1-10 last year in the MEAC conference and brings a team that has numerous starters as freshmen including 4 on the offensive line which will be going up against one of the best defenses in the country. So go ahead and guess the point spread. It is the biggest point spread in college football history.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 09-06-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Marcus Mariota

Florida St (-56)

?

Florida State is a 70 1/2 point favorite....

Marcus Mariota

That is insane. I'd probably take Savannah St to cover. I doubt FSU leaves their players in that long.

I wish a team would nut up and drop triple digits on one of these FCS programs. To hell with sportsmanship, you're getting half a million dollars for the beatdown. Enjoy the new locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I wish a team would nut up and drop triple digits on one of these FCS programs. To hell with sportsmanship, you're getting half a million dollars for the beatdown. Enjoy the new locker room.
    But then they will feel dumb as **** when they lose a quality starter in a meaningless game. But I'm sure like against this team somebody could hang 100 even with their backups playing half the game.

Savannah State isn't just a FCS team. They are a FCS team that went 1-10 last year and have I believe 10 starters (4 on the offensive line) that are freshmen.

I played for one of the top high school football teams in Tennessee and my sophmore and junior year we rolled teams big time. My junior year our margin of victory was 58 points. We had games where we won 91-0, 83-0 and 70-0. We won the state championship 56-6.

We got bashed on the radio and in the papers all the time for running up the score. The game we won 91-0 the score was 56-0 at halftime. The other team only had like 22 players and 4 of them got hurt in the 1st half. We had pulled our starters at the end of the 1st quarter when it was 35-0 and still our second string put up 21 points in the 2nd quarter.

Our coach approached the other teams coach and asked him if he wanted to call it off or let the clock run something along those lines. The guy cussed him out and said his team was there to play football. We only had 38 players so our second string had to keep playing and we ended up scoring 91 and we had 7 defensive touchdowns. So pretty much our 2nd string put up 56 points in 3 quarters. We ran the same play on offense for the entire 2nd half and let the clock run down every play. And yet people still said we were running up the score.

But the point is that our team was that good but also their team was that bad. That same school was ESPN a few years back because it had been over 20 years since they had last won a game. When you can only suit up 20-22 players and have undersized guys playing out of position getting hurt then you don't need to have a football program. I played safety and they had 3 offensive linemen smaller than me....

Marcus Mariota

^That is a good point. OSU played 3 QBs even though they were breaking in a true Frosh. None of their top 3 RBs had 10 carries. Savannah St is just that bad it seems.