Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Agreed.

Hech>Johnson.

His +++ glove makes up for his - bat, that isn't even much worse than Johnson's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    How's David Wright's glove at 3rd? Sign him, Lawrie back to 2nd, Hech to SS, trade Escobar and specs for SP.
    Sign Scutaro at 2b, Hech everyday ss, Escobar traded for a pitcher

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Royals have come out and said they want pitching.

What about Morrow for Will Myers?
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post

not sure if serious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post

Will Myers is a very good prospect. Normally in a trade for both parties to win both deal from a position of strength. If we had 8 starting pitchers I would consider this trade. Since we have 1 and it is Morrow at this point, I would not consider this trade at all.

Rasmus for Bauer I'd do in a heartbeat. We have extra OF's Arizona has extra pitching. Maybe not Bauer but another young arm, Skaggs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Sign Scutaro at 2b, Hech everyday ss, Escobar traded for a pitcher
    I would be down with this.....but I don't think Escobar is enough to get anything decent anymore.

I wonder what a package of Rasmus, Escobar,Lind,Jenkins, Happ and Cooper could land us in terms of a pitching though. We need a change in culture, and nothing does that like a blockbuster trade

I would be talking with the SF Giants until I got something done if I was AA.

Pagan,Scutaro,Cabrera, Theriot, Nady and Huff are all free agents this year, and Hunter Pence is due to be a free agent after next year. I wonder if they would be willing to part with Lincecum, Vogelsong and prospect Heath Hembree for those 6 major league players. Lincecum is coming off a down year and a free agent after 2013, and Vogelsong is 34 years old and a free agent in 2014....It may be the perfect time to inquire..

Sure Lincecum costs 22M in 2013, but eating his contract gives SF even more incentive to give up on him ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...notes-20120922

I think you guys are looking at the wrong Angel. Bourjos, Morales, perhaps even Trumbo will be on the trade block, those are guys I'd be considering.
    Trumbo, obviously, would be fantastic, but I'm guessing it would take a ton to get him. Morales will be made available, probably to make room for Trumbo to DH more often (even though the metrics show that he wasn't lost in LF). I see no reason for Bourjos unless we're moving on from Colby though. Neither of their bats play in a corner. Good thought though. They'll be looking for bullpen help, maybe a package built around Janssen and a good prospect would be enough to get Trumbo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkefied View Post
    Will Myers is a very good prospect. Normally in a trade for both parties to win both deal from a position of strength. If we had 8 starting pitchers I would consider this trade. Since we have 1 and it is Morrow at this point, I would not consider this trade at all.

Rasmus for Bauer I'd do in a heartbeat. We have extra OF's Arizona has extra pitching. Maybe not Bauer but another young arm, Skaggs.
    Chris Young is a good CF, they have no need for Rasmus.

vCash
    Be prepared guys, this is possibly an insane idea that I'm about to unleash.

I read in another thread that d'Arnaud, Hech and Gose were our future up the middle, making Arencibia, YEscobar and Rasmus available. But these guys are (or at least can be) good players, definitely good enough to contend with. So what if we made those kids available? What if we found a team that had a surplus of starting pitching, and also had a need for players up the middle? What if that team also had huge budget constraints, that made them even more likely to look for good young players that were many years from making big money? And what if that team was in our division?

Travis d'Arnaud, Anthony Gose, Noah Syndergaard (plus another piece probably), for David Price.

Who says no? Why do they say no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan_101 View Post
    Trumbo, obviously, would be fantastic, but I'm guessing it would take a ton to get him. Morales will be made available, probably to make room for Trumbo to DH more often (even though the metrics show that he wasn't lost in LF). I see no reason for Bourjos unless we're moving on from Colby though. Neither of their bats play in a corner. Good thought though. They'll be looking for bullpen help, maybe a package built around Janssen and a good prospect would be enough to get Trumbo?
    That'd be the idea.

vCash
    That'd be the idea.
    I don't think I'd believe the 550 PA's from 2011 THAT much more than the 375 PA's from 2010 and 2012. We took a chance on 1 good year out of 3 to get Colby, I wouldn't be prepared to do the same with Bourjos (especially considering his bad years with the bat have been WAY worse than Colby's).

vCash
    But like you said, his bad years have both come with <200 PA's, one being his rookie season. My thing is if you're gonna spend money elsewhere and all it costs is a reliever and/or a lower level prospect I'd rather have Bourjos and the extra ~4M than I would Colby.

vCash
    But like you said, his bad years have both come with <200 PA's, one being his rookie season. My thing is if you're gonna spend money elsewhere and all it costs is a reliever and/or a lower level prospect I'd rather have Bourjos and the extra ~4M than I would Colby.
    My quick thoughts on that are, 1. Which reliever would it take? I don't think we've got a surplus if we're planning on contending next year. And 2. What would we do with Colby? Non-tendering seems like bad asset management, as is trading him this low.

For probably a slightly better reliever and prospect, I'd pay the extra price for Trumbo to either DH or play LF and stick with Rasmus. I'd be willing to give Colby next season to get healthy and/or figure it out (in the bottom third of the order), and if he keeps stinking we hope Gose is ready for 2014.

EDIT: I just think we already have such clear holes at LF, 2B, DH and SP, and probably limited resources to fill them. Spending some assets for what would probably be a marginal upgrade at CF wouldn't be prudent at this point.

vCash
    You don't think you could flip Colby elsewhere for a reliever of similar talent as the one it'd take to get Bourjos? I mean, if Snider can pull in a guy who was setting up for a team with playoff hopes and Thames can get you Delabar I'd like to think Colby can net you something similar. I don't think you're really selling low either, considering this is two straight years of identical suckage out of him. The Jays don't really have the luxury of sitting back and waiting on these guys to put it all together anymore if they plan on competing anytime soon. I agree you don't give up any assets of significance to pull the Bourjos/Rasmus swap off, I'm operating on the assumption that you don't really have to (which could be totally off, I dunno).

vCash
    You don't think you could flip Colby elsewhere for a reliever of similar talent as the one it'd take to get Bourjos? I mean, if Snider can pull in a guy who was setting up for a team with playoff hopes and Thames can get you Delabar I'd like to think Colby can net you something similar. I agree you don't give up any assets of significance to pull the Bourjos/Rasmus swap off, I'm operating on the assumption that you don't really have to (which could be totally off, I dunno).
    I think the financial difference between Colby and Bourjos/Snider/Thames is significant enough that the return will be affected negatively. Those other guys are making minimum, Colby's price tag next year will be all of $3M.

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast