Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    yea i'm not suggesting TDA for Holland.. you only trade TDA in a package for a star player .. i dunno if i would even trade him for a top pitching prospect. top catching prospect are not easy to come by
    Have we ever had a star calibre catcher? Borders was big in playoffs but pedestrian in reg season and Benito Santiago never lived up to his abilities here.

vCash
    I'd consider something like D'Arnaud and Rasmus for Hosmer, but I doubt Kansas City is willing to listen to deals for Hosmer, even after his rough year this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'd consider something like D'Arnaud and Rasmus for Hosmer, but I doubt Kansas City is willing to listen to deals for Hosmer, even after his rough year this year.

I would not be including TDA in a trade for Hosmer. catchers are WAY harder to find then first basemen. Hosmer has never hit more then 20 HR's in a season (including the minors), and you want to trade not only the best catching prospect in baseball (according to most), and a young CF'er who hit 23 HR's last year and drove in 75 runs...more then Hosmer.

I may offer them Rasmus straight up, but even that is questionable... Not a chance I include TDA in a trade for Hosmer. He is our most valuable trading chip, and I think AA can get us someone to help us a lot more over the next few years then a 22 year old first basemen who posted an OPS of .663 last year over 598 PA's.
    Last edited by bartron_44; 11-21-2012 at 10:21 AM.

vCash
    Oh I'd be in for Hosmer. This guy is gonna be a monster.

Bookmark this page for an I told you so...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I would not be including TDA in a trade for Hosmer. catchers are WAY harder to find then first basemen. Hosmer has never hit more then 20 HR's in a season (including the minors), and you want to trade not only the best catching prospect in baseball (according to most), and a young CF'er who hit 23 HR's last year and drove in 75 runs...more then Hosmer.

I may offer them Rasmus straight up, but even that is questionable... Not a chance I include TDA in a trade for Hosmer. He is our most valuable trading chip, and I think AA can get us someone to help us a lot more over the next few years then a 22 year old first basemen who posted an OPS of .663 last year over 598 PA's.
    Hosmer had a down year, but that is also the only reason I'd even suggest KC would consider trading him. I agree with Krylian that I think he is going to be an absolute monster as well. Hosmer arguably was a more highly regarding prospect than D'Arnaud when he was in the minors. Development doesn't always come without bumps in the road. I'm sure d'Arnaud will have his as well when he reaches the majors.

I would love that lefty power bat solidified in our lineup for the long-haul.

I respect you opinion though. I figured it would be a contentious idea (on both sides).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    They are listening but for top end pitching.

vCash
    As a result, the Boston Herald reports, the club is listening to offers on its top position players, including first baseman Eric Hosmer, third baseman Mike Moustakas, outfielder Alex Gordon and DH Billy Butler. The Royals even appear willing to dangle super prospect Wil Myers, who Baseball America named its minor league player of the year after he annihilated Class AA and AAA pitching in 2012.

One possible trading partner for Kansas City, the newspaper speculates, is the Tampa Bay Rays.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/stor...-rays-james-sh

KC -Offense for Rays -Pitching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    As a result, the Boston Herald reports, the club is listening to offers on its top position players, including first baseman Eric Hosmer, third baseman Mike Moustakas, outfielder Alex Gordon and DH Billy Butler. The Royals even appear willing to dangle super prospect Wil Myers, who Baseball America named its minor league player of the year after he annihilated Class AA and AAA pitching in 2012.

One possible trading partner for Kansas City, the newspaper speculates, is the Tampa Bay Rays.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/stor...-rays-james-sh

KC -Offense for Rays -Pitching
    something like myers or hosmer for hellickson makes all the sense in the world and it would be great for the jays

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    something like myers or hosmer for hellickson makes all the sense in the world and it would be great for the jays
    Would be great for the jays or rays?

It will take more than Hellickson to pry away either of those guys.

vCash
    I wonder if the Jays can get Alex Gordon somehow...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I wonder if the Jays can get Alex Gordon somehow...
    I was actually thinking about Billy Butler... plug him in as a full time DH and DFA Adam Lind.

Then watch the fireworks

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I don't know exactly how the value would break down and who would have to add what, but here is an idea, based on the Rangers adding a starter or two...

I'm not one for proposals much, but what about something like this:

Toronto:
    CF Leonys Martin
    SP Derek Holland

Texas:
    CF Colby Rasmus
    C JP Arencibia

Martin is speedy and has crushed AAA pitching. Already had a cup of coffee with the Rangers. Was pretty highly touted when signed. Also a LH as well, so we don't lose that flexibility when trading Rasmus. Martin is also an above average defender and athlete and he projects as a lead-off hitter. This is important as to me, Reyes is better suited as a 2 or even 3 hitter.

We know what we'd be getting in Holland. He's just 26 and has a high ceiling to go along with a hard sinker. He'd slot right in as a pretty damn good 5th starter with room to grow. His splits are terrible because he's still learning how to pitch to RHB at this level. Needs to mix it up more, he could be dominant with the right pitching coach. Has a good arm and is wasn't long ago that he was rated in the top half of most anyone's top 100 prospects.

vCash
    I dont see JPA traded until next year.

vCash
    Things I don't see coming seem to be AA's specialty. lol
    I love the Billy Butler idea. I don't know what it would cost us, but it would solve our DH/1B position with him and EE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Would be great for the jays or rays?

It will take more than Hellickson to pry away either of those guys.
    It would be great for the Jays considering it would weaken the Rays pitching staff which is their strong suit.

Rays offense doesn't worry me at all and guys like Hosmer and Myers are far from established ML unlike Hellickson who regardless of being lucky or not, will continue to post great numbers..

and I think you are completely mistaken here.. Hellickson is much more valuable than those 2 especially Myers. We are talking about a guy that has posted ERA of 2.95 and 3.10 in his first 2 full ML seasons and in the AL East none the less

He would be the Royals ace

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast