Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    if we get a hunter, i'd much prefer hunter pence
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Nothing to do with trading but something I just learned, that when you go to Cotts and it shows the value of the contract , that number includes the Buy Out. Kept wondering why EE's contract was 3/27, on Cotts it shows 3/29 because of the 2m Buy out.

Just talking to myself, this thread pretty dead.

vCash
    Escobar, Jimenez, Deck, Thon/Lopes to Arizona for RHP Ian Kennedy and LHP Patrick Corbin.

vCash
    I'd take Kennedy, certainly an innings eater, but how about getting Kubel as well. Can play LF, but could also be our LH DH #4 hitter . Just a thought. Throwing spit balls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    I'd take Kennedy, certainly an innings eater, but how about getting Kubel as well. Can play LF, but could also be our LH DH #4 hitter . Just a thought. Throwing spit balls.
    I'd be more interested in Gerardo Parra, their other LF. Good defender, some upside with the stick, only 25 years old.

vCash
    I would much rather prefer vets at this point...you need guys on this team who can play on a full-time basis but know the grind of a 162 game schedule and have been to the dance before. As much as we like to call Jose a leader, the guy is only in his 3rd year of playing full-time ball and has been a benchwarmer for most of his career.

You need guys like Torii Hunter and David Ortiz -- two well established guys who can play everyday and know what playoff baseball tastes like. You need these guys to push the young guys and even push guys like Jose and Edwin to their limits.

THis year the Jays only really had Omar Vizquel but the guy plays like once maybe twice a week. The veteran presence and more stable pitching will push the Jays to playoff contenders. Until then they wont get too far.

vCash
    I'm beginning to warm up to the idea of Torii Hunter, but I really get the feeling he wouldn't come here unless we grossly overpaid. The guy is on what should be a championship caliber team right now, and will surely seek out a defined contender to sign his last multi-year deal with. I'm just not sure we're a great fit for HIM. Add in the dreaded Turf factor (that he played on for all those years in Minnesota) and he may like the natural grass that other parks offer.

Boy i'd like to see a natural playing surface in the Rogers Centre....

But again, the only way I can see Hunter coming here is if his boy Big Papi does, and he talks him into joining the party.

vCash
    Torii Hunter came away from a recent lunch meeting with General Manager Jerry Dipoto convinced the Angels would make a strong push to re-sign him after his five-year, $90-million contract expires in October.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...notes-20120922

I think you guys are looking at the wrong Angel. Bourjos, Morales, perhaps even Trumbo will be on the trade block, those are guys I'd be considering.

vCash
    How's David Wright's glove at 3rd? Sign him, Lawrie back to 2nd, Hech to SS, trade Escobar and specs for SP.

vCash
    Ya ya i know Lawrie isn't getting moved from 3rd.

vCash
    He's not a FA

vCash
    Remember when I suggested moving Lawrie to 2nd..?

The tyranny!

vCash
    I was under the impression he was but you're right.

vCash
    Mr Forever

Nope. And if you did it's still a numb idea,,.

vCash
    Hech playing 2nd tonight, see how that works!!!

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast