Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jays trade (prospects) to Mets for (Wright)

Trade (Wright + Buehrle + Perez) to Arizona for (Bauer + Upton)

vCash
    David Wright would require the farm. I'm sure you could deal prospects straight up to Arizona for an equal or cheaper cost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    David Wright would require the farm. I'm sure you could deal prospects straight up to Arizona for an equal or cheaper cost.
    Doesn't matter

"Please take this with a Santa’s toy bag size grain of salt… The guys over at The Philly Phans are reporting that the Phillies and Mets are close to completing a trade that would soon have third baseman David Wright playing in Philadelphia. They cite a source they claim has given them good info in [More...]"

http://phillysportscentral.com/tag/p...ht-trade-rumor

vCash
    He'd be a great pick up for Philly. They sure seem determined to continue gutting their farm system.

vCash
    He'd be a great pick up for Philly. They sure seem determined to continue gutting their farm system.
    I'd be a little surprised to see the Mets trade him within the division...but stranger things have happened I guess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    I'd be a little surprised to see the Mets trade him within the division...but stranger things have happened I guess
    I would be too but the Mets are also 5+ years away from being anything. They have a crummy roster and a bad farm system. I'm wondering what it would take to get Santana.

vCash
    I don't see why Upton is still being mentioned, now that we signed Melky. We wouldn't commit 18 mil to a guy, then trade for Upton to start over him, though Melky could play in CF if need be, though that means Rasmus is gone and would also stunt Gose's chances of growth for 2 years, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I will say I would love to try and trade for Wright, if Lawrie was willing to move over to 2nd. Reunite Wright and Reyes. That would be so cool.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I would be too but the Mets are also 5+ years away from being anything. They have a crummy roster and a bad farm system. I'm wondering what it would take to get Santana.
    Shouldn't be much if your willing to take on the $25.5 mil he's owed this coming season.

even if you don't, you'll only get him this season so it's not really worth trading any good prospects for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysdynastysoon View Post
    Shouldn't be much if your willing to take on the $25.5 mil he's owed this coming season.

even if you don't, you'll only get him this season so it's not really worth trading any good prospects for.
    The point of getting him is because his contracts expiring. I'd take him if the Mets picked up a good chunk of the salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysdynastysoon View Post

Love the idea of landing Santana though. He proved he could come back and pitch at a high level last year after surgery and now 1 year further removed, has a chance to become even a little stronger. Maybe send Burhle back the other way? Since I can't picture the Jays going with 3 lefties in their starting rotation.

vCash
    why are people wanting Wright? instead of trying to upgrade lawrie for some reason that makes no sense, why not focus on 1st/dh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    why are people wanting Wright? instead of trying to upgrade lawrie for some reason that makes no sense, why not focus on 1st/dh

Jays trade (prospects) to Mets for (Wright)

Trade (Wright + Buehrle + Perez) to Arizona for (Bauer + Upton)

vCash
    ahhhh my bad lol. should have paid more attention

vCash
    Honestly, if we're getting and trading Wright for Upton, you shouldn't have to add anything. Wright > Upton.

vCash
    Billy Butler.

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast