Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Then you don't watch baseball enough. He is a great fielder.
    It's obvious that you follow the White Sox and not the rest of the league. Gordon Beckham is at best an average 2B.

According the Fangraphs he is 55th in the league in defense last year. And was -0.7 last year, Since 2009 his scores were 0.0 -0.8 4.7 and -0.7 So he is an average fielder, with a career defensive score of 3.4.

Compare that with the best defensive 2B's who scored 13.0 just this year.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    Two more trades and a FA signing I'd consider:

Arencibia + Lind + Happ and a prospect to NYM for Niese + Ike Davis

Buehrle (he is from MO) + Sierra + Norris for Wil Myers (might be asking for too much, given Buehrle's large contract)

SIGN Marcum or McCarthy to a 2-3 year deal.
    Love all 3. Myers makes me wet. You'd need to add 1of Lansing 2 through.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    You know what makes crazy sense now?

Buehrle for Cliff Lee. Both are about the same age. Lee is a the real ace we are looking for. We can go to war with Lee, JJ, morrow, Ricky and Happ.

The ONLY thing is we have to pay 55m more. It seems more logical now than last week. The Phil's would love that...they might even throw in Ruff
    I'm really liking this more and more and think it's fair. It gives both sides what they want and need.

BTW...it is 55M... as the last year is a vesting option that will more than likely kick in...actually if it did, you'd be happy as that means he's not hurt.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    Lind has almost no value, Happ has very little.... No way this package comes even close to getting us those two players.
    This, seriously. Ike Davis has a big ceiling and Jonathan Niese is good and has a team friendly contract.

vCash
    I'm still sore of the olerud and five mil to mets for person
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    U fools took a huge risk on getting both Reyes nd JJ, both of them are always hurt. I like JJ tho I think he will do good things for u guys but Reyes on the other hand is a peice of *******.dude will legit sit out over a month with a bs injury.

vCash
    ^pls go back to your own forum and post on such wonderful things as lowballing Dustin Pedroia on a contract extension, signing Jason Bay to a one year contract and who John Farrel should sign on as a hitting coach.

vCash
    Wandy Rodriguez is going into the final year of his contract with Pittsburgh if I'm not mistaken. They have AJ and some young guys who seemed to come together with Wandy hurt last year. I wonder if he could be had at a reasonable price. Great #4/#5 guy. Just a thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsox19 View Post
    U fools took a huge risk on getting both Reyes nd JJ, both of them are always hurt. I like JJ tho I think he will do good things for u guys but Reyes on the other hand is a peice of *******.dude will legit sit out over a month with a bs injury.
    Good thing we still have a top 5 farm. Shill
    Do The Twirk

vCash
    With Nick Punto and Jose Iglesias as your SS, should you really be throwing stones? LOL. You'd need a mop if you got Jose Reyes.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I guess you should be the authority on fools. You guys signed Crawford, traded for Gonzalez, signed Jason Bay, John Lackey, etc., how did that work out for you?

Oh, and how may games has Ellsbury played in the last two years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by treeleaf View Post
    Good thing we still have a top 5 farm. Shill
    In teens I heard
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Jose Reyes had one injury riddled season, but other than that has played 130+ games every year since he's been a starter. As a SS with his production, you take that. Not sure why everyone's saying he's such an injury risk...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    In teens I heard
    These rankings are highly subjective and pretty much useless, but I doubt trading Marisnick and Nicolino dropped them from top 5 to in the teens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    In teens I heard
    I'd love to see the link to this "ranking".

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast