Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    JJ is an ace(when healthy). Still though, I'd crap my pants if AA could swing a deal for Dickey. I know those Mets fans like the idea of JPA for him, I take that and run.
    I'll do that trade any day of the week - even if we only keep Dickey for the one season.

Ohhhh I hope that's true and he does that - I can certainly live with a TDA/Buck platoon for 1 season while d'Arnaud gets his feet wet.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I don't trust knuckleballers. I'd pass on Dickey.

vCash
    The happiest day of my life was when Jeff Mathis got his 3 year contract. I feel with this deal that he is being Loria'd out of town all because AA wouldn't give him a NTC.

See if I watch another game.

vCash
    Gavin Floyd, Matt Thornton and Gordon Beckham for JA Happ and Emilio Bonifacio.

That gives you a durable 5th starter that will give you at least 180 innings, a very good left reliever and a very good defensive 2nd baseman with some pop.

The Sox get an option to replace Floyd in the rotation and a good option for 3rd base in Bonifacio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Gavin Floyd, Matt Thornton and Gordon Beckham for JA Happ and Emilio Bonifacio.

That gives you a durable 5th starter that will give you at least 180 innings, a very good left reliever and a very good defensive 2nd baseman with some pop.

The Sox get an option to replace Floyd in the rotation and a god option for 3rd base in Bonifacio.
    Pass. Emilio at 2B is a way better option than Beckham and Happ is a pretty damn good 5th.

vCash
    I wouldn't call Emilio a way better option at 2B, Beckham is a top 3 fielding 2B and has way more pop.

vCash
    i also pass on dickey. not a knuckleball fan

vCash
    Hell no to Dickey. I get that he had an amazing year, but I just don't think he's gonna be able to replicate it, let alone even come close to the same numbers if he pitched in the AL East. He'd cost too much and I think he'd be a huge disappointment.

vCash
    You guys have a surplus of OFs. Would you trade Gose, Sierra or Rajai for Duda? Or some sort of package along those lines.
    You seem to have a need for a Lefty Power bat and a 1B/DH type.
    Duda isnt a sexy name but had potential to be a very solid power bat.
    Mets have too many lefties, need an upgrade in the OF defensively and do not have the luxury of hiding him as a DH.
    Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dasam12 View Post
    You guys have a surplus of OFs. Would you trade Gose, Sierra or Rajai for Duda? Or some sort of package along those lines.
    Mets have too many lefties, need an upgrade in the OF defensively and do not have the luxury of hiding him as a DH.
    Thoughts?
    I wouldn't give you Gose, but Davis+ low level spec for Dudas sounds good to me.

vCash
    Thoughts?
    I want Wheeler or Harvey. Not happening, but.

vCash
    Why is everyone so ready to replace Happ? I thought he looked great in the 5 spot last year.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    You know what makes crazy sense now?

Buehrle for Cliff Lee. Both are about the same age. Lee is a the real ace we are looking for. We can go to war with Lee, JJ, morrow, Ricky and Happ.

The ONLY thing is we have to pay 55m more. It seems more logical now than last week. The Phil's would love that...they might even throw in Ruff
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I wouldn't call Emilio a way better option at 2B, Beckham is a top 3 fielding 2B and has way more pop.
    Uh, no, he most certainly is not.

vCash
    Thoughts?
    Take out Gose and it becomes an interesting proposal.

There's absolutely no way you're getting Gose for Duda though.

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast