Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    All in for a true ace now. That's the piece we're missing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    TDA for Dickey w/3 year ext. and Thole?

You guys already have a good catcher in JPA.

Thole would be a decent backup Catcher and Dickies specialty catcher.

Dickey as a knuckleballer most likely has another 4 or 5 great years.

Dickey at the top of the rotations would push everyone else down a slot. This would make JJ much more effective facing teams number 2 startes rather then their #1s.

Also provides an ace in case JJ who is injury prone gets hurt.

It's giving up a lot for a 37 year old. However he is incredible and as a knuckleballer age doesn't matter much. I don't wanna see him go but I def thinks it makes sense for both teams and makes the Jays a WS favorite. Thoughts?
    Since we're playing this game of 'what if', how about Rasmus, JPA, and Syndergaard for Harvey?

vCash
    Our last piece will probably be someone to platoon with Lind to be our DH. Not sure whose out there but I don't see another star being signed but then again I never would have imagined the trade we pulled with the Marlins either.
    Last edited by armchairgm; 11-16-2012 at 06:57 PM.

vCash
    What about Gavin Floyd for Emilio Bonifacio and a low level prospect?

A rotation of JJ, Morrow, Buehrle, Romero and Floyd, to go with that lineup would be very tough to beat.

vCash
    Lind for showalter
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by con_artist View Post
    I think, to set this team completely off the charts, we need two key pieces

1. A LH Power bat to go between Jose and EE. Morneau's an obvious candidate, I can't think of any others off the top of my head. In any case, I feel like a package of something like Lind, Sierra and Nolin/Stilson could net us a moderate upgrade.

2. A young, controllable SP to go to the 4/5 slot. I'm fine with Happ but I think adding a guy like Harrison or Niese would just make the rotation deadly all the way through. I don't think it's unrealistic to say that we could build a package around JPA or Rasmus/Gose plus prospects to get something done.
    I want Darin Ruf. Young power bat that can take a walk. Good for 30-40hrs and a .900OPS. We really need a OBP guy on this team. It will produce runs.

He wouldn't be cheap but AA can get it done.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Agree x100.

Watch this space.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Since we're playing this game of 'what if', how about Rasmus, JPA, and Syndergaard for Harvey?
    The Mets are rebuilding and can't afford Dickey even though he's willing to take less money to stay a Met. Since the Bluejays seem to be in a win now mode I figured dickey is someone they would be interested in. The last three years he has a combined era under 3. As a knuckleballer he should have atleast 4 or 5 really good years in him still. Especially since he is still improving.

I guess you guys aren't interested but no one has given any reasons to why they wouldn't be. IMO he would solidify your pitching staff and give you a true ACE at the top.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Trading for an ace right now, will completely deplete the farm... I am satisfied with JJ and Morrow as our top of the rotation starters (injury risks aside). JJ is due for a big season and Morrow was great when healthy.

Romero is due to bounce back after getting surgery. Happ is a good 5th starter on pretty much any rotation, but it would be nice if we could sign one of McCarthy or Marcum. If AA wants to go the trade route, trade JPA+ for Niese, Holland or Ogando. We are set at every position, except DH (I could live with a strict Davis/Lind platoon) and possibly another starter.

I can see AA flipping Buerhle and some prospects for a high upside and low cost pitcher. (especially because of the whole dog situation)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    Trading for an ace right now, will completely deplete the farm... I am satisfied with JJ and Morrow as our top of the rotation starters (injury risks aside). JJ is due for a big season and Morrow was great when healthy.
    What? You do know the trade chips we have now right? AA can get a Ace (which he'll have to over pay.) but he has 20 options to do it. A spec or 2 may be involved but, the farm is still stacked.

ACE, JJ, Morrow is what's needed for the east.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    I want Darin Ruf. Young power bat that can take a walk. Good for 30-40hrs and a .900OPS. We really need a OBP guy on this team. It will produce runs.

He wouldn't be cheap but AA can get it done.
    Who would you give?

vCash
    JJ is an ace(when healthy). Still though, I'd crap my pants if AA could swing a deal for Dickey. I know those Mets fans like the idea of JPA for him, I take that and run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    I don't think Upton is in the plans. They deff. want a top SS and even if they trade Upton they still have enough Of'ers, unless we do a 3 team deal, we don't match up. And where do you put him. Bautista is not moving to DH, at least not his year, JMHO.

But who knows whats next........
    Mets want MLB talent for Upton, said to want some combination of 3rd baseman, shortstop, pitching, left handed reliever.

Concept, not estimated value:

Jays prospects to Mets for Wright

Wright to Arizona for Upton

Upton to TO for prospects.

Maybe Jays expand the trade for both Wright & Dickey. Keep Dickey & flip Wright for Upton?

Move Bautista to 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Who would you give?
    The thing is Darin Ruf is hot right now with the Phils and no where else in baseball. Fans and management love his potential. He's destroyed the minors and did very well in his small sample in the bigs. No reason to think it will stop.

He's built like a tank and made for 1B. However, someone else is there for the next 5 years. So they put him in LF. He's perfect for 1B for us.

What to offer? I want him and the Phils like him (he's like Lawrie for us now) . You'd need to pay a decent price but you'll all flip if I say anything but a scrub.

They need another good starter. I'd offer honestly over Buehrle. They however may take it as a salary dump. I'd add Norris. I know you guys will lose your nut but, I think this does 2 things.

-Get's you a young control-able power bat that get's on base.
    -Moves 48M...which can lower the overall risk or the big trade.

The phils may even what more. I know none of you have heard of him and he's not ranked high but check him. He's the real deal. http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=ruf---001dar
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    I can't see Ruf giving us more value than Buehrle tbh. He's an older prospect, 26 years old, and last season in the minors he posted an .829 OPS against RHP. He mashed lefties but we already have guys who can do that. I'd make a prospect for prospect swap but at this point, I don't think I'd give up a roster player for yet another right handed bat. You gotta be cautious with guys in their 20's hitting well in the minors, it's expected of older prospects. I wouldn't be surprised to see our own prospect, Pillar, doing pretty much the same thing.

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast