Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Trade Burhle, JPA, Sierra to Texas for Harrison, frees up $6M and we get a quality SP back.
    Flip Buck to any team in need of production out of a catcher, which frees up another $6m. We ask for a cheap, veteran catcher back for catching depth.

The net salary dumped in these deals plus the reported 8 million we receive from the marlins, could use in a one-year deal for a LF (perhaps Cabrera?).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujayfan4evr View Post
    Trade Burhle, JPA, Sierra to Texas for Harrison, frees up $6M and we get a quality SP back.
    Flip Buck to any team in need of production out of a catcher, which frees up another $6m. We ask for a cheap, veteran catcher back for catching depth.

The net salary dumped in these deals plus the reported 8 million we receive from the marlins, could use in a one-year deal for a LF (perhaps Cabrera?).
    If we trade Buerhle, JPA and Sierra for JUST Matt Harrison I'll personally burn down the Rogers center on my way to work.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    If we trade Buerhle, JPA and Sierra for JUST Matt Harrison I'll personally burn down the Rogers center on my way to work.
    Actually the trade is not THAT bad. Matt Harrison was Texas' ace last year (arguably with Yu Darvish) and is still in arb, so will come cheaper (and the Jays can then use the savings to pick up a big bat or whatever).

Buerhle may not even want to play here, if so trading him for a Matt Harrison type pitcher is fine. For Texas to take on the contract, they'll need to get something with Buerhle, which is where JPA comes in (don't mind).

But I dont think Harrison is on the market and I wouldnt trade those guys above for either Holland or Ogando.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Actually the trade is not THAT bad. Matt Harrison was Texas' ace last year and is still in arb, so will come cheaper (and the Jays can then use the savings to pick up a big bat or whatever).

Buerhle may not even want to play here, if so trading him for a Matt Harrison type pitcher is fine. For Texas to take on the contract, they'll need to get something with Buerhle, which is where JPA comes in (don't mind).

But I dont think Harrison is on the market and I wouldnt trade those guys above for either Holland or Ogando.
    I guess I'm just not as big on Harrison as others are - I'd much rather Derek Holland if we're going to trade with Texas. I also think JPA AND Buehrle is a huge overpayment.... Buehrle does have value, even if his contract isn't favorable, and I know JPA has a lot of value around the league even if I personally don't think he's worth it.

Just my opinion - I would be very pissed off if we made that trade. I'd rather trade JPA + prospects for Holland and trade Buehrle for prospects to the Cards/WhiteSox if that's what it came down to.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    you serious?

Harrison is a better pitcher than Buehrle, younger, and much cheaper

I would do that in a second

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    you serious?

Harrison is a better pitcher than Buehrle, younger, and much cheaper

I would do that in a second
    Twice you've forgot TEX's need for a young catcher. Harrison is great but, only 1 year of ACE stuff.

The trade works.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Seems like a big thing, you wouldnt take the day off, after that? i sure would

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    So where am I going to sit.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Twice you've forgot TEX's need for a young catcher. Harrison is great but, only 1 year of ACE stuff.

The trade works.
    He has been great for 2 straight years and he's just entering his prime and is 27

as for Texas need for a catcher.. I dont think JPA is good enough to justify taking on Buehrle's ridiculous salary and getting a much older player and declining

Remember that JPA isn't really any good
    Last edited by bomber0104; 11-15-2012 at 03:47 PM.

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    LOL...ya man...call in sick.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    LOL...ya man...call in sick.
    You guys obviously never burned anything down before. You would need to go to work after to have an alibi, duh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
    You guys obviously never burned anything down before. You would need to go to work after to have an alibi, duh?
    Too bad 80% of the SkyDome is cement.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Who would trade D'arnaud straight up for Tim Lincecum?

vCash
    No.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    sign swisher and gomes. trade buck and bonafacio. playoffs
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast