Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I agree AA will flip them either now or before their contracts get to the backloaded years.

Mark Buehrle
    2013:$11M, 2014:$18M, 2015:$19M

Jose Reyes
    2013:$10M, 2014:$16M, 2015:$22M, 2016:$22M, 2017:$22M, 2018:$22M

Even if AA is all in, I can't see him wanting to keep Buehrle after the following season and Reyes after 2014.

I think that maybe the money received from Marlins will be used to help flip.

vCash
    I wonder if losing Santana, and possibly losing Grienke and Haren would make the Angels interested in Buehrle. I would love to see Kendrys Morales splitting DH and 1B with EE. It would also allow them to get Trumbo out of the outfield and into their DH spot. Just a thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    I wonder if losing Santana, and possibly losing Grienke and Haren would make the Angels interested in Buehrle. I would love to see Kendrys Morales splitting DH and 1B with EE. It would also allow them to get Trumbo out of the outfield and into their DH spot. Just a thought.
    Not a bad one.

vCash
    Call the Tribe, one order of Choo with a side of Kipnis. Solves our last two holes.

vCash
    Morales agent is Scott Boras so....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysdynastysoon View Post
    Morales agent is Scott Boras so....
    Is dealing with Boras a deal breaker? I know I've heard this more than once on here. If true it is truely unfortunate. He has some good clients.

vCash
    I have a strong inkling that Bonifacio will be a part of a big trade.

I like him a lot, and he's a very valuable player with speed and utility at all positions. I'd love him to stay here, but I think he'll be the piece that makes a trade happen

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0h@n63 View Post
    I have a strong inkling that Bonifacio will be a part of a big trade.

I like him a lot, and he's a very valuable player with speed and utility at all positions. I'd love him to stay here, but I think he'll be the piece that makes a trade happen
    Agreed, Bonifacio is pretty good. He's def a sleeper in this trade. He played a full season two years ago with 150 odd games and he put up pretty decent numbers as an outfielder/ anywhere. Maybe he will be the next Jays LF? if he hits .300 and decent defense with 30-40 steals, whats not to like?

vCash
    If JJ would not sign an extension, would anyone be opposed to a trade like:

JJ
    +

for

King Felix+ extension
    PS3- fodus ... CoD Blackops Zombies GT5 FIFA 11

Soccer- SL Benfica
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - New York Giants

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Agreed, Bonifacio is pretty good. He's def a sleeper in this trade. He played a full season two years ago with 150 odd games and he put up pretty decent numbers as an outfielder/ anywhere. Maybe he will be the next Jays LF? if he hits .300 and decent defense with 30-40 steals, whats not to like?
    I think he is more than capable of playing second base and is familiar with Reyes as a middle infield partner, so with that being said I would make Bonifacio our regular 2B. I mean .285ish with 30-40 steals is very good production at second base. I would use Izturis in a utility role and I wouldn't move Bonifacio. That's just me though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Doesn't seem like a douche, he just likes his dogs.
    that's what i'm thinking. i've probably been reading all the same things as Jon has, don't see how that makes him a douche. if i was unwillingly sent somewhere where my family wasn't welcome i would be devastated.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    This trade could definitely come back to bite AA in 2 years...but I have faith that if need be he will be able to move those huge contracts.

I think Beeston has convinced Rogers that if we want to win that we are going to have to spend with the big boys. We will be shedding contracts like Lind ($5M),Oliver ($3M) and Buck ($6M) no later then after 2013, and possibly Morrow ($8M) after 2014 to help offset those back loaded contracts (if needed), and most of those guys could easily be replaced by solid prospects making next to nothing on rookie deals.

I would like to see him sign Scutaro to play 2B and hit in the 2-hole, and I would also like to see us trade Rasmus and a couple prospects for an OF'er who can rake. I wonder what Miami wants for Stanton too . Since they obviously plan on rebuilding, if we offered them a trade like Rasmus,TDA, Syndergaard, Norris and Stilson do you think they would be open to making another deal..?

I realize this would really gut our farm system when you add that to the previous trade...but who cares if we can get a young stud like Stanton without subtracting from our current roster.... We would still have pitchers like Hutchison, Drabek, Sanchez, Nolin, Osuna,Tirado,Smoral and Stroman..We would still have Gose (and Bonifacio) to play CF. We would still have JPA (with Jimenez and Nessy in the minors).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Trade ideas:
    (not that these need to happen or will but, AA loves to flip.)

As nice as the rotation is now...we still now only have 1 Ace...in the East...you need 2.

-Trade JPA/Buehrle and Norris to TEX for Matt Harrison and a spec.

-All in for Price or Felix now. (I believe both would need the same package) . not sure how they can say no.
    TO gets Felix/Paxton...for Morrow/JPA/Sanchez/Syndergaard plus 2 other specs
    TO gets Price/Jeff Ames...for Morrow/JPA/Sanchez/Syndergaard plus 2 other specs

-TO gets Kershaw/Hanley Ramírez for Reyes/Morrow/Buehrle/Sanchez/Syndergaard plus 2 other specs. Maybe even more? Hanley has more upside and pop. Cost less. Sign Marcum after.
    And we're back to these ridiculous offers that make no sense.. I guess i'm officially a bully..

Buy why in the world will Texas give you Harrison for Buehrle? Harrison is also a lefty, is 6 years younger and isn't gonna be making as much money. Not to mention he is a much better pitcher at this point and is battle tested in Texas.. JPA doesn't have the much value to make this even

You say that we only have 1 ace with Johnson. I would make a bet right now that Morrow will end up having a better year than Johnson giving that they both stay healthy.

You are talking about dealing Morrow who was nearly as good as Price and Felix last year and is much cheaper plus a bunch of top prospects.. A big NO NEED right there

As for the Dodgers, I would cut my left nut if Kershaw moves anytime soon. He is the face of the franchise with Kemp and they have all the money in the world to keep him.. He isn't going anywhere

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    yea see that makes sense and it wouldn't be a bad idea

props to vick27m

Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nels@Ryerson View Post
    If JJ would not sign an extension, would anyone be opposed to a trade like:

JJ
    +

for

King Felix+ extension
    why dont the Mariners just keep Felix who is the face of their franchise and doesn't have the injury history that Johnson has.. again it would be great but i doesn't make much sense

props to vick27m

Ron Artest

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast