Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    I just wanted to give props to jaysfan4ever for his call. Very nice, congrads.

Yesterday was epic and shows that real blockbuster can still happen and need to happen to change teams for the better.

I get so sick of some "know it all" posters who actually think they have more insight to trades/teams than others. All they do is knock any trade idea because it too big or doesn't blend with their grey matter.

All you hear from them is..."This isn't play station or it will never happen"

Lots of these trade are out there but, some big ones do make sense.

What was funny was "these" posters were actually saying that players weren't in the trade even as the names were being published via the reporters. They just couldn't grasp it.

AA is not done...bring it.

>>>>>>>>>>>

[QUOTE=
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaysfan4ever
    Trade Yunel Escobar, Justin Nicolino, Daniel Norris, and Moises Sierra for Jose Reyes, Emilio Bonifacio and $15M in cash to be used for the end of the deal, making it 5 years $81M (+8M)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaysfan4ever
    Here's the thing with the Marlins. They've spent a TON of money on a bad team... they pretty much HAVE to rebuild. If they are, their best move is to trade Reyes and Buerhle, as that saves the Marlins lots of money, and will fetch the most in a trade. But they might balk at that idea, even though it's probably best for the team, because they've been very emotional about their moves and Reyes is the heart and soul of the team. I can see the Marlins trading one contract (Buehrle) and replacing it with a couple free agents (2 of Upton, Melky, Haren, Peavy) to basically finish what they started last year. But who knows, they might part with Reyes and tear the whole thing down.
    [/QUOTE]
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Know it all posters?? lmao I would like you to mention who these know it all posters are so they can defend themselves.
    Careful guys we got a tough guy over here

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Well....scratch it then AA.
    He scratched.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Know it all posters?? lmao I would like you to mention who these know it all posters are so they can defend themselves.
    Careful guys we got a tough guy over here
    We all know who they are...seriously you don't?

If I mention them...They'll delete my post...as they normally do when someone disagrees with them. Wait...are they mods?...NOOO!
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    I just wanted to give props to jaysfan4ever for his call. Very nice, congrads.

Yesterday was epic and shows that real blockbuster can still happen and need to happen to change teams for the better.

I get so sick of some "know it all" posters who actually think they have more insight to trades/teams than others. All they do is knock any trade idea because it too big or doesn't blend with their grey matter.

All you hear from them is..."This isn't play station or it will never happen"

Lots of these trade are out there but, some big ones do make sense.

What was funny was "these" posters were actually saying that players weren't in the trade even as the names were being published via the reporters. They just couldn't grasp it.

AA is not done...bring it.

>>>>>>>>>>>
    You know that this was written about the day the Marlins signed those big contracts right? Writers were calling this a year ago. Given the suspicious nature of backloading contracts that don't have NMC's...the writing seemed to be on the wall right off the hop. I've been suggesting JJ for a year or so now but there's absolutely no way I could have seen the other two coming over. No way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Why? He's absolutely right, the impatience on this forum is absolutely staggering. You guys DO realize major moves don't happen in baseball right at the start of free agency right? This thing called leverage, they use it.... and then they shop it around, it's the same with player deals - teams have lots of places to call and try to iron out trades, this isn't your fantasy baseball league where people can throw down trades anytime they feel like it. Why do you think OTHER teams haven't made moves yet? Because it's way too early for those blockbusters, that's why you're only seeing minor league deals.... and guess what? Very likely that'll be the way it is until the December winter meetings. We MIGHT get a trade before then, and we might not - just depends on if the domino's fall the right way or not.

It's already been stated AA has contacted almost every free agent pitcher available to gauge their value, so I'm not sure what your saying in your second paragraph. As for the first, yes, in a perfect world we'd have already traded for 2 aces, but baseball's free agent period is far from a perfect world. First, you need a trade partner, and you can't have that until those teams check in on free agency, see who's available, who wants to come to their team, what the cost is, etc. It's mind blowing how everyone expects a huge blockbuster within the first 2-3 weeks of free agency, it almost NEVER happens.... Have anyone seen other blockbusters around the league happen while the Jays sit on their ***? Of course not, because it's the same situation there.

Can't even believe this has to be explained.... seriously, I really thought this was common knowledge.
    Hunter signed also...I thought you said he wasn't supposed to happen? My god, man these GMs aren't listening to you.

You better call AA and hunter and "explain" the "common knowledge".
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    You know that this was written about the day the Marlins signed those big contracts right? Writers were calling this a year ago. Given the suspicious nature of backloading contracts that don't have NMC's...the writing seemed to be on the wall right off the hop. I've been suggesting JJ for a year or so now but there's absolutely no way I could have seen the other two coming over. No way.
    Congrads...you were right.

jaysfan4ever..posted these just a couple months ago...he called it to a Tee.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Hunter signed also...I thought you said he wasn't supposed to happen? My god, man these GMs aren't listening to you.

Big man over here

vCash

Cmon bro your seriously going back into threads to find posts to call people out??? Your better than that man, everyone makes mistakes not everyone is always going to be right.

No one even Rogers supporters would've guessed a trade of this magnititude its a shock to all of us just don't stoop low. Your a mature adult.

Ive suggested Josh Johnson as Plan A and Plan B for more than a year now but I don't go around tooting my own horn its a forum someones bound to hit predictions here and there its not that big of a deal and I'm guessing your referring to Twitchy and BobatYork since you suggesting people deleting posts they don't even act like know it alls in the least bit lol
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 11-15-2012 at 12:30 AM.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Congrads...you were right.

jaysfan4ever..posted these just a couple months ago...he called it to a Tee.
    I wasn't right, many people were right including several writers. It wasn't a wild guess.

vCash

Now you're just acting childish.

vCash
    Hey, I predicted the housing bubble in the US. Do I get a prize for that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Hey, I predicted the housing bubble in the US. Do I get a prize for that?
    You get a choice between a lollipop and a mustache comb

vCash
    Children...let's get back to the thread at hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Cmon bro your seriously going back into threads to find posts to call people out??? Your better than that man, everyone makes mistakes not everyone is always going to be right.
    Yes I am. Because this is a trade idea thread. People post trade ideas. I get sick of BULLIES trying to control the thread...especially when they don't a anymore knowledge than other posters...and then days like yesterday blow them out of the water and prove it.

I've made my point. I'm done. On with trade ideas.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast