Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    edit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think anyone who believes Edwin will actually be traded this off season is off their effin rocker. The guy only turns 30 in January. He looks like he could be legitimate AL first baseman for 1/2 the price and 1/2 the term as the big boys got last year at 1B; and right now he is out producing both of them in 2012. He could still be very good for the next 5-7 seasons at 1B/DH, and be an absolute bargain...Chances to lock up guys with .900 OPS potential for that kind of money don't happen very often, not a chance AA trades him.
    Perhaps I didn't phrase that right. What I wanted to know, and the answers were clear, was EE worth getting an Ace pitcher for, not that I wanted to trade him as with Joey back next year this will be a dynamic duo, just wanted to see what EE's worth was to everyone and that was it.
    Got the thread moving!

vCash
    Hunter would be a good addition

Veteran presence, nice guy, good with the media, September/October experience, great glove and a decent bat.

Give Gose a year or two more in AAA to earn his spot so there's no pressure.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think anyone who believes Edwin will actually be traded this off season is off their effin rocker. The guy only turns 30 in January. He looks like he could be legitimate AL first baseman for 1/2 the price and 1/2 the term as the big boys got last year at 1B; and right now he is out producing both of them in 2012. He could still be very good for the next 5-7 seasons at 1B/DH, and be an absolute bargain...Chances to lock up guys with .900 OPS potential for that kind of money don't happen very often, not a chance AA trades him.
    Effin rocker here...love dumb post like this.

If you can get a Ace for EE...you do it.

Like he repeats what he's done this this year for the next 5 years...OMG.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    Hunter would be a good addition

Veteran presence, nice guy, good with the media, September/October experience, great glove and a decent bat.

Give Gose a year or two more in AAA to earn his spot so there's no pressure.

Like this, plus he would probably come cheaper with less term, and certainly has more pop in his bat than anyone else we have to put out there.
    Last edited by wagnall; 09-18-2012 at 05:41 PM.

vCash
    The only reason i'd be against Hunter is because he's another right-handed bat.

At the present time, Rasmus is our only LH hitter that is "entrenched" in our everyday line-up. With holes in LF, 2B and DH, I expect two of the players that grab those spots to either be switch-hitters or lefty bats.

I'd love to be rid of Kelly Johnson, but i fear that the limited FA market and unknown trade candidates might lead AA to resigning Johnson, at a reduced rate. A Steve Lombardozzi would suit me just fine at 2B, but who knows which 2Bs are available.

From an offensive stand point, in an ideal world you would sign a LF and DH and trade for a young 2B. I'd be fine with the following lineup though:

3B Lawrie R
    LF Swisher/Melky Cabrera S (FA signing)
    RF Bautista R
    1B Encarnacion R
    DH Ortiz L (FA Signing)
    C Arencibia R
    CF Rasmus L
    SS Escobar R
    2B Johnson L

Gose, D'Arnaud, Hechevarria and Sierra are all ticketed for Buffalo with the mindset that if a starter gets injured, they're up and starting!

vCash
    At some point you have to be concerned about being too right handed. Which isn't to say I wouldn't bring in a talented bat just because he's right handed, but I probably wouldn't be out there making a Torrie Hunter or even a Kevin Youkilis (who'd otherwise be a pretty awesome fit) a top priority just because of the presence of Jose/EE/Lawrie/JPA.

Edit - post above beat me to the point.

vCash
    ^ Swisher and Ortiz would be great but I'm thinking we're looking at around 30m a year for the pair.
    No way would I want Melky, hate cheaters.

I would be surprised if Johnson is here next year, he's getting worse as each year passes. I think AA pulls something to get a 2nd baseman.
    Last edited by wagnall; 09-18-2012 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    What would make you think that TDA isn't as good as everyone thinks, but Hechavarria is better than everyone thinks? I mean, just a few hours ago there's this:

Then there's the matter of everything they've done so far in their respective careers. So again, what would possibly make you believe that?

If TDA played short then I'd likely reconsider my opinion, but he is a catcher and IMO he is no better or worse then JPA, plus I figured TDA has a higher trade value so use him to bring in what the team needs.. JP has improved on defense and at calling games and already knows the current pitchers..

I never stated that Hech is gonna be an all star, his defense is major league ready, and the fact that in my list of ideas of how to improve the team I was trading Escobar I would need a SS and I believe that Hech is capable enough to fill in..

There is NO way you can compare a middle infielder prospect to a catching prospect, yes TDA's bat is way better BUT in my list I am attempting to sign Ortiz and EE is at 1st so no room for TDA..
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=197023&type=sigpic&dateline=1335472201

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bljay29 View Post
    If TDA played short then I'd likely reconsider my opinion, but he is a catcher and IMO he is no better or worse then JPA, plus I figured TDA has a higher trade value so use him to bring in what the team needs.. JP has improved on defense and at calling games and already knows the current pitchers..
    Disagree with most of that, but it's a matter of opinion I suppose. Could post all the scouting reports that suggest otherwise, but that doesn't seem particularly important right now.

I never stated that Hech is gonna be an all star, his defense is major league ready, and the fact that in my list of ideas of how to improve the team I was trading Escobar I would need a SS and I believe that Hech is capable enough to fill in..
    Which addresses his pedestrian numbers throughout his career at the plate and the reports from people in the business that he won't hit enough how?

There is NO way you can compare a middle infielder prospect to a catching prospect, yes TDA's bat is way better BUT in my list I am attempting to sign Ortiz and EE is at 1st so no room for TDA..
    Why not? I mean, yeah the offensive bar is a bit lower at short, but we're not exactly talking about first base here. Catcher is still a premium defensive position. A league average bat goes a long way there.

vCash
    Disagree with most of that, but it's a matter of opinion I suppose. Could post all the scouting reports that suggest otherwise, but that doesn't seem particularly important right now.

Which addresses his pedestrian numbers throughout his career at the plate and the reports from people in the business that he won't hit enough how?

Why not? I mean, yeah the offensive bar is a bit lower at short, but we're not exactly talking about first base here. Catcher is still a premium defensive position. A league average bat goes a long way there.

I have read the scouting reports etc.. I also know that Las Vegas is a hitters paradise and that numbers can be inflated, I also have heard Greg Zaun say the same as I have as well as a couple others..

Ozzie Smith, Omar Vizquel apparently couldn't hit either but 1 is in the HOF, while the other will be there in 5yrs.. People in the business have been wrong time and time again no?? I don't claim to be smarter then them BUT again I can live with his weak bat strong defense if the Jays sign Josh Hamilton and David Ortiz or other signings that lengthen out the line up

JPA is a league average bat for the catching position, its ok to compare TDA and Hech all day long, BUT if you need a shortstop are you going to call up TDA?? or if you need a catcher are you going to call up Hech?? If you want to compare them for who is the better prospect then fine, but obviously Hech is the better SS prospect.. and vice versa at the C position
    Last edited by bljay29; 09-18-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=197023&type=sigpic&dateline=1335472201

vCash
    I hate speculating on specific trade values, but hypothetically speaking if you were able to ship a reliever to Anaheim for Peter Bourjos, would you do it? Assuming Colby's salary can be moved (either in a bigger deal or straight up for another pen arm), who would you rather have in center between the two?

vCash
    I hate speculating on specific trade values, but hypothetically speaking if you were able to ship a reliever to Anaheim for Peter Bourjos, would you do it? Assuming Colby's salary can be moved (either in a bigger deal or straight up for another pen arm), who would you rather have in center between the two?
    we already have a light hitting, GG caliber CF in Gose so Bourjos is kinda redundant. therefore, id rather have colby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    ^ Swisher and Ortiz would be great but I'm thinking we're looking at around 30m a year for the pair.

I would be surprised if Johnson is here next year, he's getting worse as each year passes. I think AA pulls something to get a 2nd baseman.
    >hates cheaters
    >wants Ortiz
    >

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post

Johnson gone totally agree...replacement I would aim at a Scutaro. If he doesn't want to come back probably a free agent cheap, get us by...either an Izthius or Schumaker.

Ortiz don't see coming here as 15 million for offense he doesn't need. If AA spends that much on 1 player it will be a pitcher. Ortiz not his kind of player. Another Frant Thomas 2.0, doubles turn into long singles, can't go 1st to third on a single, second to home. Big numbers but can't get him around the bases.

Esco be gone but no trade return. Hech at ss.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast