Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    Rather have Greinke for 6/150 than Lee at 3/75.
    2012 stats

ERA Lee 3.16 Grienke 3.48

IP Lee 211 Grienke 212

H Lee 207 Grienke 200

SO Lee 207 Grienke 200

BB Lee 28 Grienke 54

Considering most numbers are the same but ERA and walks which Lee has better numbers why would you prefer Greinke over Lee for twice the contract length??? Other then the prospects we'd have to give up why would you prefer Greinke?

vCash
    Lee is going to be 34 heading into next year and he'll likely hit the decline phase soon. That'd be a major reason to go with Greinke.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Lee is going to be 34 heading into next year and he'll likely hit the decline phase soon. That'd be a major reason to go with Greinke.
    You have a link to this decline thing?

I'd like Greinke too. Lee's expensive but, it's only 3 years and there nothing saying he can't keep it going...he's a great pitcher.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Lee is not a power left-hander, averaging 89-92 mph, but has exceptional command of six pitches. He throws a cut fastball, mostly to right-handed hitters, and uses both two- and four-seam fastball to lefties and right-handers. He will throw a curve and a slider and does have a changeup.

Lee is not going to lose that much of a step if any over next 3 years. He's a command guy not power.

vCash
    Roy Halladay isn't a power guy either, and he was most certainly on the decline this year in his age 35 season. Pitching is hard, assuming guys will continue to perform as they have in the past into their mid-late 30's is just insane. Which isn't to say that either guy is going to turn into a pumpkin overnight (they're both way too talented for that), but declining with age is just natural.

vCash
    75/3 for a guy in his age 35-37 seasons or 6/150 for a guy entering his 30-35 seasons. Considering that they're both pretty dominant, it's an easy call to go with the guy who is spending more time in his prime.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    75/3 for a guy in his age 35-37 seasons or 6/150 for a guy entering his 30-35 seasons. Considering that they're both pretty dominant, it's an easy call to go with the guy who is spending more time in his prime.
    Lee has the better track record and Grienke has some personal issues with anxiety?? Regardless signing all pitchers is a risk and 3 years is better then 6. However I do understand Grienke is younger but I consider Lee the better pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Lee has the better track record and Grienke has some personal issues with anxiety?? Regardless signing all pitchers is a risk and 3 years is better then 6. However I do understand Grienke is younger but I consider Lee the better pitcher.
    Lee has been better, sure. But that doesn't mean that going forward he's the better option. It's important to keep in mind that you're not necessarily getting the Lee of the past few years, as he's not going to be as dominant as he is now during his mid to late 30's.

I just don't think it's safe to assume Lee won't decline at some point over the next 3 years.

vCash
    At this point, can we all agree that Lee at 75/3 or Grienke at 150/6 would be good additions to our patch-work rotation?! Why debate one vs another. Give me Grienke OR Lee for our rotation, and I'll be thrilled.

In reality, I seriously doubt either guy will be headed north next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    At this point, can we all agree that Lee at 75/3 or Grienke at 150/6 would be good additions to our patch-work rotation?! Why debate one vs another. Give me Grienke OR Lee for our rotation, and I'll be thrilled.

In reality, I seriously doubt either guy will be headed north next season.
    LOL yes your probably right but I can have hope until these signings and trades happen. The off season talk is about the only time I'm excited about the Jays future. Until Grienke signs or Lee if he gets traded I'll hope we get someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    You have a link to this decline thing?

I'd like Greinke too. Lee's expensive but, it's only 3 years and there nothing saying he can't keep it going...he's a great pitcher.
    Because our window to compete won't be a 3 year window. Someone like Grienke can grow with our current crop and help us compete for a longer period of time and lock in our first or second SP spot for 6 years. That's key in helping build consistancy and dominance.

What are we going to do when Lee declines were back on the market looking for a true Ace unless one of our prospects hit, which is a big risk to take.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I'd be thrilled if we added Anibal Sanchez and traded for say, Jarrod Parker from OAK.

Trade Escobar, Syndergaard and another spec for Parker (who won't be arbitration eligible until 2015 i believe). He had a great year for Oakland, and would start as a mid rotation starter for us, with potential to end up as an solid #2.

Morrow
    Sanchez
    Romero
    Parker
    Happ/Alvarez (with Hutch and Drabek rehabbing in 2013, and Sanchez/Nicolino pushing for a spot by 2014 as well!)

I'd imagine we could be competitive with the above rotation in 2013, and would really have a shot in 2014.

vCash
    Dickey and Niese would be a nice get if AA prefers the trade route.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    2012 stats

ERA Lee 3.16 Grienke 3.48

IP Lee 211 Grienke 212

H Lee 207 Grienke 200

SO Lee 207 Grienke 200

BB Lee 28 Grienke 54

Considering most numbers are the same but ERA and walks which Lee has better numbers why would you prefer Greinke over Lee for twice the contract length??? Other then the prospects we'd have to give up why would you prefer Greinke?
    Lee mid-30s...going to start downhill if not already. Greinke still in prime years. Moot point though... because Jays won't spend 25 million one player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    Dickey and Niese would be a nice get if AA prefers the trade route.
    I wouldn't touch Dickey. He is 38, has had 1 elite season to show for his entire career, only had more than 10 wins once in his entire career before this season, never struck out batters until this season. I like the guy, and he is a great story, but he is a one year wonder. No chance he comes close to repeating the season he had, especially if he were to be in the AL, and more specifically the AL East.

Niese on the other hand would be a nice pitcher to pursue. A good lefty entering the prime of his career. He has some pretty solid stuff. Could be a really good number 2 or 3 pitcher. Not at all opposed.
    TAKE PRIDE

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast