Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I see Sickels has Molina 2nd in the White Sox organization, but that isn't saying much. Before the season Molina wasn't even in the mlb's top 100 prospects. Keith Law didn't have him in his top 100 and didn't make the honourable mention list either. If you aren't top 100 in the league then you aren't a top prospect, is all I am saying.

Now Molina wouldn't even sniff the top 150 prospects with a very subpar season.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Just looked at Molina's stats this year. Wow, what a bust. Nice one AA. And that's with SS on the DL.

You know you won the trade when the player you traded for sits on the DL and the player you sent plays a full season. Just need 1 decent year from SS to lock in the win.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Just looked at Molina's stats this year. Wow, what a bust. Nice one AA. And that's with SS on the DL.

You know you won the trade when the player you traded for sits on the DL and the player you sent plays a full season. Just need 1 decent year from SS to lock in the win.
    That's why he shouldn't be scared of trading any of his prospects for the right deal (even if he has to over pay a bit).

Next season will ultimately determine his future.

vCash
    So after the 3 way today I think that the A's may lineup as a trade partner. I would love to see Cespedes as our everyday leftfielder for next year. Not sure what they'd like back, if they're happy with Steph Drew at SS going forward or not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So after the 3 way today I think that the A's may lineup as a trade partner. I would love to see Cespedes as our everyday leftfielder for next year. Not sure what they'd like back, if they're happy with Steph Drew at SS going forward or not
    his defense is horrible though but id take him too

vCash
    I like the idea of acquiring Cespedes, but I'd prefer it if the Jays acquired him to play DH. The guy is pretty bad defensively.

vCash
    I'd imagine A's would move older outfielders like Crisp or Gomes before Cepedes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    I'd imagine A's would move older outfielders like Crisp or Gomes before Cepedes
    That's what I was thinking, but I read on twitter that BB will likely listen to offers for Reddick and/or Cespedes too. I'll admit I didn't see Yoenis play much this year, but I figured his defense wasn't too bad the way they spoke about him in the playoffs. But it could have been Joe Buck speaking about him and that guy's a tool.

Edit: I'm thinking his defense can't be worse than some of the other guys we've run out there as "everyday" players. Rajai and Thames specifically.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 10-21-2012 at 07:29 AM.

vCash
    That's what I was thinking, but I read on twitter that BB will likely listen to offers for Reddick and/or Cespedes too. I'll admit I didn't see Yoenis play much this year, but I figured his defense wasn't too bad the way they spoke about him in the playoffs. But it could have been Joe Buck speaking about him and that guy's a tool.

Edit: I'm thinking his defense can't be worse than some of the other guys we've run out there as "everyday" players. Rajai and Thames specifically.
    Your absolutely right about that. I don't think I've EVER seen a worse defender than Eric Thames - he's just absolutely terrible.

Cespedes would be a fantastic pickup but I think he would cost an awful lot to trade for.... still might be worthwhile, I think you can assume he'll only get better and has 3 years left on his deal at a very reasonable salary.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Adam Lind was pretty bad when he was jogging around LF. Sierra was also pretty bad when it was sunny .

vCash
    If Oakland plans to cash in Cespedes its gonna cost too much as we know Oakland wants a big haul usually for its star players. Would rather concentrate on getting starting pitching since its gonna be a dog fight with other teams to obtain it.

vCash
    If you are trading with Oakland, you should be asking for pitching, not for hitting.

I wonder if we could do something like:

Travis D'Arnaud and Daniel Norris

for

Dan Straily and Brad Peacock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    If you are trading with Oakland, you should be asking for pitching, not for hitting.

I wonder if we could do something like:

Travis D'Arnaud and Daniel Norris

for

Dan Straily and Brad Peacock
    It came up because Oakland now has Chris Young to go with Cespedes, Crisp and Reddick in the outfield and we need a left fielder.

vCash
    It came up because Oakland now has Chris Young to go with Cespedes, Crisp and Reddick in the outfield and we need a left fielder.
    I realize this. I am saying that if you are going to talk trades with the A's, you want to try and somehow get some of the young arms they have, not one of their outfielders. The only one that I would even look twice at is Cespedes, and he will probably cost a lot more then any of us want to give up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I realize this. I am saying that if you are going to talk trades with the A's, you want to try and somehow get some of the young arms they have, not one of their outfielders. The only one that I would even look twice at is Cespedes, and he will probably cost a lot more then any of us want to give up.
    Bingo! I want dem arms.

They are loaded with good pitching. Lets try and take 1 or 2 away.

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast