Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Kubels a solid player that would fill a need but the salary he's making is simply too high for his production. He had one great year in Minnesota in 09 but he's been pretty meh since then. If you wanna spend that kinda cash on an outfielder then just sign Swisher, a much better player.

vCash
    Would you trade Travis D'Arnaud for Tyler Skaggs?

vCash
    i would, but no chance arizona accepts because they have no need for d'arnaud...they have a great catcher in montero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Yes, but I doubt Arizona would because they've got Montero locked up on big money until 2017.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    i wonder if san fran would bite on lincecum. would be willing to take a chance on him because i still believe hes an excellent pitcher , but he could still command big money out of the jays reach despite his poor season....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    i wonder if san fran would bite on lincecum. would be willing to take a chance on him because i still believe hes an excellent pitcher , but he could still command big money out of the jays reach despite his poor season....
    That would be going the Escobar/Rasmus route. Picking up a player on the cheap because he has issues. I think most have turned against this route after this season.

vCash
    That would be going the Escobar/Rasmus route. Picking up a player on the cheap because he has issues. I think most have turned against this route after this season.
    i still think lincecum is in a completely different league than escobar/rasmus...both of those guys were relatively unproven when the jays acquired them. eeach of them had 1 good season. lincecum has won two cy youngs, has been average-poor the last year and a half dating back to 2011, but had a strong second half this year and is pitching great in the postseason. Dont know what the hell san francisco would want from us though, we have no major league ready talent that they would like/we are willing to give up.

vCash
    Or Zack Wheeler or Matt Harvey or Trevor Bauer? I would, but the arms merchants probably wouldn't. I think the Montero/Drunk Pineda deal will scare some people away from this kind of deal, so maybe the Mets may actually go for this. The overall spec ratings would say it's a saw-off.

vCash
    fredi sanchez for 2nd base?

vCash
    Not really the same. Rasmus and Yunel were supposed trouble makers or didn't get along with managers. Not the same thing with Timmy.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    You know what's funny in all this. If SF tried to trade Timmy for Rios...the Sox would say no. Ain't that a kick in the pants.

BTW...Rios is a BUM!
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    You know what's funny in all this. If SF tried to trade Timmy for Rios...the Sox would say no. Ain't that a kick in the pants.

BTW...Rios is a BUM!
    If that were to be true, it would be more a kick in the pants to the Giants than to us.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixious View Post
    If that were to be true, it would be more a kick in the pants to the Giants than to us.
    Everyone forget's the Rois has ONLY had 1 good year in his career...and this was that year. Timmy will turn it around...too much talent...alex will regress or him ego will blow up his head. I think of him as ARod without the talent.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Everyone forget's the Rois has ONLY had 1 good year in his career...and this was that year. Timmy will turn it around...too much talent...alex will regress or him ego will blow up his head. I think of him as ARod without the talent.
    Uhh, 2006-2008 happened.

vCash
    look at this comment from one of tsn's article about AA needing to acquire top starting pitching. i nearly soiled myself i was laughing so hard:

"to complete the deal with Cleveland for Choo,Kipnis and Masterson, I would give up Moises Sierra,David Cooper,Brett Cecil, Chad Jenkins and Rajai Davis. Cleveland is looking to acquire younger players and the players I mentioned will not be regulars in the Jays lineup soon,if ever. I believe Choo, Masterson and Kipnis are ready to have big years in 2013. Jays need to acquire them now because after they have the breakout season, the asking price will be too steep. This time last year on this website I suggested that Jays should acquire Jim Johnson from Baltimore, Billy Butler from Kansas City and Pedro Alvarez from Pittsburgh. They all had great years in 2012."

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast