Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1001
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    Posts
    2,827
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    What about trading high prospect for high prospect?
    For a bit of fun...on most top100 list we have 6-7 spec. What player on that list would you want to trade for?

    Travis D'Arnaud, Jake Marisnick and all 3 of the Lansing kids have very high trade value as pitchers.

    I'd be happy to trade TDA and JPA and get a avg. back stop with Mathis as back up or platoon.

    I've allways thought it was easier to get OFers that other potions, plus Marisnick just never really did it for me.

    I'd like to see a Marisnick+spec for Billy Hamilton. Gose, Davis and Billy would give us 150-200SB and make the a very fast team.

    I'd also like to see a power OBP guy. Real HR power. Happy to trade any of the lansing boys + spec for...Wil Myers, Mike Olt (doubt the rangers move him though) , Miguel Sano, Jonathan Singleton. I'd also like to get Matt Adam from Stl.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    For a bit of fun...on most top100 list we have 6-7 spec. What player on that list would you want to trade for?

    Travis D'Arnaud, Jake Marisnick and all 3 of the Lansing kids have very high trade value as pitchers.

    I'd be happy to trade TDA and JPA and get a avg. back stop with Mathis as back up or platoon.

    I've allways thought it was easier to get OFers that other potions, plus Marisnick just never really did it for me.

    I'd like to see a Marisnick+spec for Billy Hamilton. Gose, Davis and Billy would give us 150-200SB and make the a very fast team.

    I'd also like to see a power OBP guy. Real HR power. Happy to trade any of the lansing boys + spec for...Wil Myers, Mike Olt (doubt the rangers move him though) , Miguel Sano, Jonathan Singleton. I'd also like to get Matt Adam from Stl.
    Is Machado still a prospect? I'd love to get him in the organisation.

    If not then Jurickson Profar.

    I have a hard time letting go of prospects I wanted Toronto to draft and they didn't so I'd also love to see Kolten Wong and C J Cron but given the choice it would have to be Machado/Profar
    Last edited by ILDD; 10-06-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

    1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)


  3. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post
    Is Machado still a prospect? I'd love to get him in the organisation.

    If not then Jurickson Profar.

    I have a hard time letting go of prospects I wanted Toronto to draft and they didn't so I'd also love to see Kolten Wong and C J Cron but given the choice it would have to be Machado/Profar
    No chance they get either of those. Zero... absolutely zero.

    Why on earth would the Rangers and O's trade some of the best young SS in the game? Unless Toronto is giving them Lawrie and Brandon Morrow or something equally as foolish, there's no deal here.

    JJ Hardy on the other hand - if your looking for an O's SS to replace Escobar could be available Im sure.

    Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    No chance they get either of those. Zero... absolutely zero.

    Why on earth would the Rangers and O's trade some of the best young SS in the game? Unless Toronto is giving them Lawrie and Brandon Morrow or something equally as foolish, there's no deal here.

    JJ Hardy on the other hand - if your looking for an O's SS to replace Escobar could be available Im sure.
    Agreed, both of those are unrealistic. I thought the question was a theoretical perfect world scenario.

    If we're being realistic then I'd try and swing a trade for one of the guys I mentioned - Kolten Wong. He's at AA at age 21 after being drafted in 2011 and OPS'ing 0.750 in a full season but this number was dragged down by a second half slump. Projected to be an above average defender at second. A left handed hitter who can hit lefties almost as well as he does righties he's not a spectacular prospect but just the sort of guy who will be an above average player for many, many years.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

    1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)


  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    to add to that...It's what the Jays did in reverse to get Lawrie. Ok Marcum was not a prospect but, the point was 1 team was going for it and the other team's time was a few years off.

    Are the M's going for it in 2013? I doubt it.
    get what your saying...

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,582
    vCash
    1500
    I would love Billy Hamilton but no dice he's already pegged for the Reds SS position in late 2013 or 2014.

    Same with Profar. Likely Andrus gets traded for maybe a quality pitcher.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,582
    vCash
    1500
    PS- I dont want to trade for prospects. Why are we? This team has too many as it is. And to get a top 10 prospect involves getting rid of talent the Jays can afford to. The team needs vets, not more prospects.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    1500
    If Farrell goes to the Sox what would we have to add to get Ellsbury back? I know he just had a injury filled down year however I think he's going to bounce back. Would a package of Farrell, Rasmus, and Sanchez and Hechavarria get it done? He would be the lead off man we've been looking for it seems forever and is great defensively. I'd prefer to put Escobar in deal and keep Hechavarria however I think Red Sox would prefer Hechavarria.

    On second thought didn't realize he's a FA after 2013 and a Boras client I'd pass unless we could get him for
    Farrell, Rasmus and Escobar but I know that ain't happening.
    Last edited by armchairgm; 10-06-2012 at 11:01 PM.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    Posts
    2,827
    vCash
    1500
    Saw that the Philes are in need of a CFer.

    This may solve a couple problems. Send Ramsus, Alvarez, Janssen, Aaron Sanchez, Daniel Norris and McGuire.

    The Phils send Darin Ruf, Lee and Phillippe Aumont.

    Ruf is actually big foot...at 6'3 /220. 41HR over 1.030 OPS with 12 games in MLB where he did great. He hits for power/avg. and walks. He's 26.

    Lee...well there's our Ace. Aumont replaces Janssen and give us the maple boner thingy.

    The Phils get their CFer with a bit of pop and upside. A decent arm to replace Lee in the rotation. 2 of our top farm arms. Salary relief. Ruf is blocked by Howard there the next 5 years at 1st.

    It may not be enough. You might need to add something. Maybe Nicolino to get it done.

    Again, we get a real Ace, a real 1B bat to go with Jose/EE's OBP/OPS power.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Saw that the Philes are in need of a CFer.

    This may solve a couple problems. Send Ramsus, Alvarez, Janssen, Aaron Sanchez, Daniel Norris and McGuire.

    The Phils send Darin Ruf, Lee and Phillippe Aumont.

    Ruf is actually big foot...at 6'3 /220. 41HR over 1.030 OPS with 12 games in MLB where he did great. He hits for power/avg. and walks. He's 26.

    Lee...well there's our Ace. Aumont replaces Janssen and give us the maple boner thingy.

    The Phils get their CFer with a bit of pop and upside. A decent arm to replace Lee in the rotation. 2 of our top farm arms. Salary relief. Ruf is blocked by Howard there the next 5 years at 1st.

    It may not be enough. You might need to add something. Maybe Nicolino to get it done.

    Again, we get a real Ace, a real 1B bat to go with Jose/EE's OBP/OPS power.
    Considering the salary relief the Phills are getting trading Lee I think this package is very fair and if were giving up 2 of our top prospects Jannsen should be kept out of deal. Otherwise sounds fair and helps both teams.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Saw that the Philes are in need of a CFer.

    This may solve a couple problems. Send Ramsus, Alvarez, Janssen, Aaron Sanchez, Daniel Norris and McGuire.

    The Phils send Darin Ruf, Lee and Phillippe Aumont.

    Ruf is actually big foot...at 6'3 /220. 41HR over 1.030 OPS with 12 games in MLB where he did great. He hits for power/avg. and walks. He's 26.

    Lee...well there's our Ace. Aumont replaces Janssen and give us the maple boner thingy.

    The Phils get their CFer with a bit of pop and upside. A decent arm to replace Lee in the rotation. 2 of our top farm arms. Salary relief. Ruf is blocked by Howard there the next 5 years at 1st.

    It may not be enough. You might need to add something. Maybe Nicolino to get it done.

    Again, we get a real Ace, a real 1B bat to go with Jose/EE's OBP/OPS power.
    I wouldn't do trade...Lee's contract is too long and if it goes bad will wreck our chances to win for next 5 years. Janssen don't want to move also. We suffered for years with no closer now we have one...keep him. Plus, it will do a hell of a job wrecking our system.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,988
    vCash
    1500
    You serious? You wouldn't take Cliff Lee by giving up that garbage? The only guys that you'll miss are Janssen and maybe Sanchez

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    True North Strong and Free
    Posts
    1,446
    vCash
    1500
    If San Diego decides to extend Headley, I'd love for AA to pursue Jedd Gyorko. The kid can rake and should have no problem making the full time move to second ( Padres have given him time at both 2B and 3B). Not sure what type of return SD would be looking for, I could see them asking for one of the Lansing 3.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    Anthony Gose for Nick Franklin makes some sense for both parties (based on the parameters that SEA is sold on Ackley being there 2B going forward).

    Both around the #30-#40 range in MLB top prospects.

    We need a young 2B going forward and the Mariners could use a young CF'er going forward and Gose's strengths fit well in that huge park.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    Posts
    2,827
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    I wouldn't do trade...Lee's contract is too long and if it goes bad will wreck our chances to win for next 5 years. Janssen don't want to move also. We suffered for years with no closer now we have one...keep him. Plus, it will do a hell of a job wrecking our system.
    Cups half empty there...isn't it?

    Lee's yet to have a bad season in 5 years. I suggest you look at Ruf's stat's.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •