Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    You know what makes crazy sense now?

Buehrle for Cliff Lee. Both are about the same age. Lee is a the real ace we are looking for. We can go to war with Lee, JJ, morrow, Ricky and Happ.

The ONLY thing is we have to pay 55m more. It seems more logical now than last week. The Phil's would love that...they might even throw in Ruff
    i agree with this, but considering lees salary i personally would want the phillies to send us cash in the deal and/or take on adam lind. considering we had to pay 6 million in the halladay deal it wouldnt be unrealistic to ask for 10 million in the deal imo. phillies save money in the long run and if i remember correctly they were trying to trade lee last season so they might be interested in saving cash for the next few seasons

vCash
    Two more trades and a FA signing I'd consider:

Arencibia + Lind + Happ and a prospect to NYM for Niese + Ike Davis

Buehrle (he is from MO) + Sierra + Norris for Wil Myers (might be asking for too much, given Buehrle's large contract)

SIGN Marcum or McCarthy to a 2-3 year deal.

I really like Buehrle, but he is owed big dollars, and may or may not be content in Toronto. At this point, we can't know for sure where his heart is. Myers is probably untouchable, but KC has a prolonged desire to acquire pitching and the idea of grabbing a bona fide #2-3 in Buehrle and a prospect like Norris might entice Dayton Moore to move his top prospect. The difference in the money owed versus what Buehrle would have gotten could be used towards extending Josh Johnson.

If we were able to bring in Niese and Marcum/McCarthy, our rotation would be very solid, and the cost would be less going forward than if it included Buehrle.

We'd have so many bats, it'd be hard to fit them all in, but with so much versatility and depth, we'd certainly be safe against injuries!!!

Rotation:

Johnson R
    Romero L
    Morrow R
    Niese L
    Marcum R
    (pick your own order for the SPs)

Line-Up:

SS Reyes S
    LF Cabrera S
    RF Bautista R
    1B Encarnacion R
    DH Davis L or Myers R
    3B Lawrie R
    CF Rasmus L
    C Darnaud R (Buck to start the season)
    2B Bonafacio/Izturis S

Myers will get plenty of playing time in the OF as well, giving Rasmus days off vs. Lefties and allowing Cabrera and Bautista to have regular days off. We could even deal Rasmus and move Cabrera to CF.

The power potential from Bautista, EE, Davis, and Myers would be incredible, and we've already got loads of speed. I think this is the type of offense that could contend for years!!

The pitching would be very solid, and additions could be made by dealing some of the depth we have to acquire another ace type. I like the options the jays have going forward!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post

Buehrle (he is from MO) + Sierra + Norris for Wil Myers (might be asking for too much, given Buehrle's large contract)

SIGN Marcum or McCarthy to a 2-3 year deal.

I really like Buehrle, but he is owed big dollars, and may or may not be content in Toronto. At this point, we can't know for sure where his heart is. Myers is probably untouchable, but KC has a prolonged desire to acquire pitching and the idea of grabbing a bona fide #2-3 in Buehrle and a prospect like Norris might entice Dayton Moore to move his top prospect. The difference in the money owed versus what Buehrle would have gotten could be used towards extending Josh Johnson.

If we were able to bring in Niese and Marcum/McCarthy, our rotation would be very solid, and the cost would be less going forward than if it included Buehrle.

We'd have so many bats, it'd be hard to fit them all in, but with so much versatility and depth, we'd certainly be safe against injuries!!!

Rotation:

Johnson R
    Romero L
    Morrow R
    Niese L
    Marcum R
    (pick your own order for the SPs)

Line-Up:

SS Reyes S
    LF Cabrera S
    RF Bautista R
    1B Encarnacion R
    DH Davis L or Myers R
    3B Lawrie R
    CF Rasmus L
    C Darnaud R (Buck to start the season)
    2B Bonafacio/Izturis S

Myers will get plenty of playing time in the OF as well, giving Rasmus days off vs. Lefties and allowing Cabrera and Bautista to have regular days off. We could even deal Rasmus and move Cabrera to CF.

The power potential from Bautista, EE, Davis, and Myers would be incredible, and we've already got loads of speed. I think this is the type of offense that could contend for years!!

The pitching would be very solid, and additions could be made by dealing some of the depth we have to acquire another ace type. I like the options the jays have going forward!!
    I'd do the Mets trade but I'm pretty sure they've said that since Ike Davis is injured right now they're not trading him this winter until they know what they have in him.

As for the Royals one I just cant see the Royals giving up a top 10 prospect in baseball for Mark Buehrle. They've clearly been going the cost-efficient route for their starters and if they really wanted someone that badly, they'll just overpay for a guy like Kyle Lohse without having to surrender Myers.

vCash
    Tampa is going to have a couple of holes to fill if they dont resign Pena and Upton and they have a surplus of pitching. James Shields contract has one year at 9mil and then a team option for 12mil and they may consider trading him to fill some holes. Do you think they would move Shields to us and what would we have to give up? Lind or Cooper and Gose or Rasmus?

vCash
    II'd do the Davis ,Niese trade. Davis was injured in 2011, this year he played the whole season. Had some nice numbers in 2010 and the abbreviated 2011 season, had a bad start this year but picked it up later in the year. Has LH power, is young 25, and expected to make 3m in his 1st arb. Young guy who could be with us for years and be part of the youth growth with Lawrie and Gose.
    Niese , is a good young lefty and is owed 24m over next 4 years and has 2 CO's.

But getting Niese would be predicated on moving Buehrle. Rather have 3 R and 2 L rather than the opposite.

vCash
    People keep talking about the Mets trading Ike Davis and Jon Niese and David Murphy -- my question is why the hell would they trade these inexpensive players for crap in return?

The Mets want a catcher, but they arent trading Ike Davis or Jon Niese to get JPA. Sorry its not happening. Look at it from our point of view if we had those pieces and we were going to trade them for JPA and a couple of crap items in return. We would riot!

So yeah I think the New York trade stuff needs to die down. If they were making huge salaries and the Mets needed to clear room, its a different story, but if the Mets trade those pieces it will be for nothing less than some stellar prospects in return...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    You know what makes crazy sense now?

Buehrle for Cliff Lee. Both are about the same age. Lee is a the real ace we are looking for. We can go to war with Lee, JJ, morrow, Ricky and Happ.

The ONLY thing is we have to pay 55m more. It seems more logical now than last week. The Phil's would love that...they might even throw in Ruff
    Lee owed 87.5 over next 3 if we buy out last year. If Phills agree to pay buy out I'd do Buehrle for Lee in heartbeat. Lee, JJ, Morrow, Romero, Happ is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    People keep talking about the Mets trading Ike Davis and Jon Niese and David Murphy -- my question is why the hell would they trade these inexpensive players for crap in return?
    Because AA will use the Rogers mind trick on them to make it happen. Lol. But seriously I don't know why they would do that either, and frankly I'm not as high on Niese and Davis as others are.

vCash
    Happ certainly holds some value. Look at the deal with Houston last year, and apart from Lyon (pending FA), the majority of the value in that trade came from Happ.

I think a catcher will definitely get moved before the trade deadline.. could be that JP gets moved.

vCash
    Why give up this much, if you want a sixth pitcher, LA Dodgers need a catcher, look at their rollout.

Instead of them going to free agency. Buck is available for the same amount of funds as their 4 th and 5th pitchers. Aaron Harang or Chris Capuano. Both pitch 180 innings plus and have ERA near 4. ERA + over 100.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 13Lawrie13 View Post
    Uh, no, he most certainly is not.
    Then you don't watch baseball enough. He is a great fielder.

vCash
    I think MLB should punish Loria by forcing him to include Stanton in the deal.

That'll learn him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post

The Mets want a catcher, but they arent trading Ike Davis or Jon Niese to get JPA. Sorry its not happening. Look at it from our point of view if we had those pieces and we were going to trade them for JPA and a couple of crap items in return. We would riot!

So yeah I think the New York trade stuff needs to die down. If they were making huge salaries and the Mets needed to clear room, its a different story, but if the Mets trade those pieces it will be for nothing less than some stellar prospects in return...
    Youre 100% right. Ike was the Mets 2nd most productive hitter and we cant afford to take a step back offensively.
    Plus Sandy plays hardball(to the point where he mostly does nothing, ugh)
    He probably wont even listen on Neise or Davis unless Travis D was involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 13Lawrie13 View Post
    Take out Gose and it becomes an interesting proposal.

There's absolutely no way you're getting Gose for Duda though.
    I dont know how your guys are valued.
    Is Gose considered a top prospect?
    How about Sierra?
    You guys have ALOT of outfielders. Is Gose even gonna get run next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post

Lind has almost no value, Happ has very little.... No way this package comes even close to getting us those two players.

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast