Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Effin rocker here...love dumb post like this.

If you can get a Ace for EE...you do it.

Like he repeats what he's done this this year for the next 5 years...OMG.
    Dude, the only thing "dumb" is thinking you could get an "Ace" for EE. Aces don't get traded with multiple years left on their contracts. The only time they really get moved is when they are on the last year of their deal and tell their team they aren't going to resign (..like Halladay did). You don't trade core players like EE for 1 year rentals, even if it is for a full season. You use $$,prospects and secondary pieces.

vCash
    I don't agree with some assessments that becoming too right-handed is a concern -- yes its good to have a few lefties to balance the lineup but if someone is saying the Jays should pass up Hunter or not consider him as much so they can squeeze in another lefty is crazy talk -- Hunter would likely be the best pure hitter on this team and what have the lefties done for the Jays this year? Rasmus? Johnson? Lind? Thames? Snider? All irrelevant lefties who actually made the lineup worse at times this year. So yes I understand the need to balance the lineup but if I can get a Torri Hunter, I could care less if my lineup is becoming more right handed, he's better than any lefty that's on this team right now. Plus, if the Jays can get Ortiz that's gravy as he's a lefty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    we already have a light hitting, GG caliber CF in Gose so Bourjos is kinda redundant. therefore, id rather have colby.
    Light hitting to VERY different degrees. The odds on Gose doing what Bourjos has done in his career in 2013 would seem to be terribly low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Johnson gone totally agree...replacement I would aim at a Scutaro. If he doesn't want to come back probably a free agent cheap, get us by...either an Izthius or Schumaker.

Ortiz don't see coming here as 15 million for offense he doesn't need. If AA spends that much on 1 player it will be a pitcher. Ortiz not his kind of player. Another Frant Thomas 2.0, doubles turn into long singles, can't go 1st to third on a single, second to home. Big numbers but can't get him around the bases.

Esco be gone but no trade return. Hech at ss.
    Daniel Murphy.... book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    At some point you have to be concerned about being too right handed. Which isn't to say I wouldn't bring in a talented bat just because he's right handed, but I probably wouldn't be out there making a Torrie Hunter or even a Kevin Youkilis (who'd otherwise be a pretty awesome fit) a top priority just because of the presence of Jose/EE/Lawrie/JPA.

Edit - post above beat me to the point.
    Yes, because the Jays shouldn't make getting talent a priority because of J.P. Arencibia.

I don't disagree with your premise, I just think you could have found a better example.

vCash
    Arizona is the team to work with this off-season, they have 8 MLB quality SP candidates and a great OF who fits a need in Justin Upton. They also need a SS and might be willing to take on Yunel. Even if AA doesn't go after Upton I would love to see a trade for Cahill, Hudson or Kennedy.

vCash
    Go get Papi,Hunter and Scutaro while you can and give us one of the best offensive teams in baseball. Who cares if Hunter and Scutaro hit right handed. They both hit RHP and LHP well and are able to get on base at a high percentage.

Our hitting would be scary if we got those 3 FA's. Then use some of the prospects to get 1 more 200 inning starter to replace CV if you don't have enough faith in him to last a full season as a starter.

I think Alvarez,Happ and CV are an acceptable bottom end of a rotation. The real question is will Ricky pitch like a #1/#2 starter again next year. If he can, then our rotation may not be that bad.....

vCash
    Morosi thinks the jays will go after anderson and sanchez

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m...or_13/11766799

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    ^ Anderson is a monster out there and still only 24. If he's healthy looks like a good lefty. Sanchez would be a good addition. I would be happy if we get both.

vCash
    God it would be nice if we could grab a young starter from both Oakland and Arizona. Personally, I would like to get Griffin from Oakland and Miley from Arizona.
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 09-20-2012 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    Anderson makes sooo much sense. Love that idea, despite the injury risk.

vCash
    its beyond risk, its certainty
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Anderson makes sooo much sense. Love that idea, despite the injury risk.
    I wonder why Beane signed him too such a big extension so early? He wouldn't have gotten that big of raises through arb.

However the contact is very team friendly with the TO's.

However, Anderson and every other GM knew he was only going to be with them for 3 years or less. The A's will never pay a player more than 8M.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    I've looked at the top 50 pitchers as ranked by ERA. I remove teams/players that are big market and or set on hitting. Then players locked up recently to LT deals. Then teams that are winning or have a chance with the wildcard. There's not many teams that are going to move a ace. I still came up with a few ideas. Not saying these could happen but, they "could" happen.

David Price- Due for a serious raise and will get expensive in the next 2 years. TB always looking to boost the farm.

Wade Miley- My thinking here is they have so many good pitchers coming up in the next year or 2 the may be willing to move him for a bat or more specs to improve the farm.

A's pitching staff. 3 pitchers having good first years. Bean always looking to flip. Weak farm. He know how to rip a farm.
    I brought this up last week but, Olney has the same thinking or is a PSD reader.

From the unnamed site...
    /QUOTE
    Some talent evaluators believe Rays left-hander David Price could be traded this winter, ESPN.com’s Buster Olney reports. Here’s the latest from Olney, who runs down potential suitors for Price in his latest column...

Price’s trade value will never be higher than it will be this winter, Olney writes. However, the left-hander’s salary will rise considerably from $4.35MM following his Cy Young-caliber 2012 season. This means the budget-conscious Rays will probably decide to part with Price at some point between now and when he hits free agency after the 2015 season. “There will be a day when the Rays trade him,” Olney writes.

Tampa Bay could seek up-the-middle players for Price, who has extraordinary trade value as a controllable top-of-the-rotation left-hander.
    /QUOTE

I'm hoping AA blows Z away with a offer for Felix but, Price may be another way to get a ACE. He may be cheaper in terms of specs and has less wear on his arm than Felix. both are the same age interestingly enough. There are also the same weight too.

The Rays are in need of offence...or would they just want specs? Interesting to speculate about.

If I was was allowed to dream I'd hope AA got both but, we'd wouldn't have a farm after that...which I wouldn't have a problem with if it meant getting those 2.
    Last edited by Billyen; 09-22-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    I wonder why Beane signed him too such a big extension so early? He wouldn't have gotten that big of raises through arb.

However the contact is very team friendly with the TO's.

However, Anderson and every other GM knew he was only going to be with them for 3 years or less. The A's will never pay a player more than 8M.
    Oakland, obviously, has very limited financial resources, so they have to take chances on young players. A 3.7 fWAR season while throwing 92.6 MPH with a high GB rate at the age of 21 is something to take a chance on. If he had progressed, he'd be worth a pile more than what he signed for. Didn't work out, but a good gamble.

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast