Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 13Lawrie13 View Post
    Let me get this straight; you would trade Travis d'Arnaud, but not Anthony Gose, Adeiny Hechavarria and Moises Sierra?

Da ****, man. Da ****.

I don't think TDA is as great as everyone thinks, and his trade value is way higher then the other 3, If needed I'd throw Sierra into a deal to make it happen, but no way do I trade Hech or Gose..
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=197023&type=sigpic&dateline=1335472201

vCash
    What would make you think that TDA isn't as good as everyone thinks, but Hechavarria is better than everyone thinks? I mean, just a few hours ago there's this:
    Adeiny Hechavarria We know the defense is very good. My question is will he put up at least league-average offensive numbers for a SS?
    by lftyg33 on Sep 15, 2012 1:48 PM EDT
    Signs point to no.
    by John Sickels on Sep 15, 2012 2:51 PM EDT
    Then there's the matter of everything they've done so far in their respective careers. So again, what would possibly make you believe that?

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Dumb question but just thought I'd throw this out there as its pretty slow.

Would anyone here trade EE and something for a #1 or solid #2 pitcher.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

If you Google "having a career year" You'll see a pic of EE. He'll regress or get hurt. Even if he does preform as he's done this year, we need a ace more.

The trick for AA is to sell that concept (EE is the new Jose) to another GM.

Does everyone forget how 18 months ago we ALL wanted to run EE out of town with pitchforks. No reason why he couldn't become that player again.
    Last edited by Billyen; 09-17-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    But Edwin did go work with Luis Mercedes during the off-season who is Cano's off-season batting coach. He basically helped him with his follow through approach and it seems to have done wonders for Edwin. Whether it stays permanent is hard to say but if thats the case, it may not be a one year deal and he'll come back and put up another good season.

vCash
    BUT -- if the Jays sign Ortiz to be DH, Swisher for 1B and Hunter for LF, then only would I consider shipping Edwin for a very good pitcher...but likelihood this all happens is 0.00001%

vCash
    You have a top 5 farm system so that you don't need to trade .950 OPS big league bats to get pitching. Again, I'd love to see any single shred of tangible evidence to support the "we have enough offense" crap. Take out EE and that premise becomes even more absurd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    You have a top 5 farm system so that you don't need to trade .950 OPS big league bats to get pitching. Again, I'd love to see any single shred of tangible evidence to support the "we have enough offense" crap. Take out EE and that premise becomes even more absurd.
    This, plus the obvious fact that you don't trade a guy before his new extension even kicks in.

vCash
    Trading EE would be classless, come on people.

vCash
    I would trade anyone on the club if it means improvement -- but the question becomes whats the improvement your going to get trading Edwin? The only pitcher I would trade for him is Felix, Kershaw, Price, Cain, Verlander, Strasberg or Weaver and none of them are becoming available this off-season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    I'd package EE and 1 of lansing 3 and a couple more decent specs for a true ace.

Just not sure which team/ace?

BP look solid. Even though it doesn't look like it...hitting won't be too bad next year. This off season will be about getting 2 top shelf pitchers.

All roads lead to the house of Z but, I don't know if I believe Z when he says he won't trade him.
    Evan Englebrook??

seriously now, Encarnacion was one of the reason why we didnt stink at offense this year. we have more than enough specs to trade for an ace, theres no need to give up a valuable player in EE.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    Evan Englebrook??

seriously now, Encarnacion was one of the reason why we didnt stink at offense this year. we have more than enough specs to trade for an ace, theres no need to give up a valuable player in EE.
    Of course...holy crap...you didn't think I meant Encarnacion. Why would we want to trade him?
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    I think anyone who believes Edwin will actually be traded this off season is off their effin rocker. The guy only turns 30 in January. He looks like he could be legitimate AL first baseman for 1/2 the price and 1/2 the term as the big boys got last year at 1B; and right now he is out producing both of them in 2012. He could still be very good for the next 5-7 seasons at 1B/DH, and be an absolute bargain...Chances to lock up guys with .900 OPS potential for that kind of money don't happen very often, not a chance AA trades him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    BUT -- if the Jays sign Ortiz to be DH, Swisher for 1B and Hunter for LF, then only would I consider shipping Edwin for a very good pitcher...but likelihood this all happens is 0.00001%
    If they pay want Swisher wants ($100m+), I will no longer be a fan of the Jays.

vCash
    ^ I dont think Swisher gets $100 mil unless he's signing like 7 years or more...and I did say the likelihood it happens is 0.00001%.

Though Im 150% behind Hunter for sure.

vCash
    Torii Hunter in LF would be awesome....the guy won 9 straight GG's and put up an OBP over .350 in three of the last 4 seasons. That would be almost as sweet as big Papi at DH

Seriously though, this should be part of AA's plan for the Jays this off season if they want to compete. They would still have one of the best farm systems in baseball to find another starting pitcher via trade.....and that would be the only thing they would still need to be a world series contender.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast