Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    ^^If the Choo rumours are for real he would look pretty awesome in the 2-spot.
    Truee, Rasmus needs to improve his OBP.

vCash
    Choo is a Boras client and Beeston hates the guys guts -- so its a very long shot the Jays go after him (though I would like him, I doubt the Jays want the headache associated with dealing with Boras come contract time).

vCash
    go after Josh Hamilton to play LF, trade Rasmus and a prospect to snag a quality SP, look into what Grienke is after money wise.. I am not trading Hech/Gose/Sierra.. I would also look at trading TDA and Escobar for a SP if Grienke's price tag is to high, then sign Scutaro to play 2nd.. I would also go after Ortiz with a 2yr offer..

My line-up
    1-Gose
    2-Lawrie
    3-Bautista
    4-Hamilton
    5-EE
    6-Ortiz
    7-Scutaro/Escobar
    8-JP
    9-Hech

I know I didn't name the starters I'd trade for but I hate saying trade Rasmus to M's for King Felix cause it will take more then Rasmus and no idea if Felix is available etc.. But I do think to be safe the Jays need to add 2 good SP's
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=197023&type=sigpic&dateline=1335472201

vCash
    You wouldn't trade Sierra?

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    I'd package EE and 1 of lansing 3 and a couple more decent specs for a true ace.

Just not sure which team/ace?

BP look solid. Even though it doesn't look like it...hitting won't be too bad next year. This off season will be about getting 2 top shelf pitchers.

All roads lead to the house of Z but, I don't know if I believe Z when he says he won't trade him.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    I've looked at the top 50 pitchers as ranked by ERA. I remove teams/players that are big market and or set on hitting. Then players locked up recently to LT deals. Then teams that are winning or have a chance with the wildcard. There's not many teams that are going to move a ace. I still came up with a few ideas. Not saying these could happen but, they "could" happen.

David Price- Due for a serious raise and will get expensive in the next 2 years. TB always looking to boost the farm.

Wade Miley- My thinking here is they have so many good pitchers coming up in the next year or 2 the may be willing to move him for a bat or more specs to improve the farm.

A's pitching staff. 3 pitchers having good first years. Bean always looking to flip. Weak farm. He know how to rip a farm.

Josh Johnson- I think the fish are open to any good deal. He's got 1 year left so it won't be too costly.

Jeff Samardzija - I think Theo and AA need to make a trade. Theo is open to anything that improves the farm and doesn't involve Castro.

I can't see any other pitchers that could be moved. If AA wants Felix it will need to be a knock out offer. Then 1 of the above. Or maybe 1 of the below. I'd like to see a Felix trade and a Marcum signing. I'd also be happy with trying to get Felix and Paxton. That would require 2 Lansing boys, JPA and 3-4 other decent specs/MLers.

FA:

(Some of these guys are old but we may have no choice.)

Ryan Dempster

Kyle Lohse

Bartolo Colón - WTF? I thought he was dead?

Shaun Marcum- This seems like a no brainier. He'd be a solid #2.

Zack Greinke- We'd have to over pay...As it's been said...I don't think he wants to come here.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Jays will have to overpay to get pretty much anybody -- if a player is offered $10 mil to play in NY/sunny climate over Toronto, where do you think they'll go 95%+ of the time? Not to mention the Canada stigma and your going to have to pay extra to get about 95%+ of players here (free agents, of course).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    I've looked at the top 50 pitchers as ranked by ERA. I remove teams/players that are big market and or set on hitting. Then players locked up recently to LT deals. Then teams that are winning or have a chance with the wildcard. There's not many teams that are going to move a ace. I still came up with a few ideas. Not saying these could happen but, they "could" happen.

David Price- Due for a serious raise and will get expensive in the next 2 years. TB always looking to boost the farm.

Wade Miley- My thinking here is they have so many good pitchers coming up in the next year or 2 the may be willing to move him for a bat or more specs to improve the farm.

A's pitching staff. 3 pitchers having good first years. Bean always looking to flip. Weak farm. He know how to rip a farm.

Josh Johnson- I think the fish are open to any good deal. He's got 1 year left so it won't be too costly.

Jeff Samardzija - I think Theo and AA need to make a trade. Theo is open to anything that improves the farm and doesn't involve Castro.

I can't see any other pitchers that could be moved. If AA wants Felix it will need to be a knock out offer. Then 1 of the above. Or maybe 1 of the below. I'd like to see a Felix trade and a Marcum signing. I'd also be happy with trying to get Felix and Paxton. That would require 2 Lansing boys, JPA and 3-4 other decent specs/MLers.

FA:

(Some of these guys are old but we may have no choice.)

Ryan Dempster

Kyle Lohse

Bartolo Colón - WTF? I thought he was dead?

Shaun Marcum- This seems like a no brainier. He'd be a solid #2.

Zack Greinke- We'd have to over pay...As it's been said...I don't think he wants to come here.
    Pretty much agree. Although I wouldn't touch Josh Johnson or Bartolo Colon. I also think Dan Haren may become available and he should make the top 3 of any Jays fans wish list.

vCash
    Haren would be a hell of a gamble. If your medical staff think his back will be healthy, probably one worth making.

vCash
    ^^ Agreed, also how has Peavy fared after his hot start??? I still would love a shot at him because at worst he's an expiring IIRC.

A combo of Peavy with Dunn or Konerko would be intriguing if we can't land Papi.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Dumb question but just thought I'd throw this out there as its pretty slow.

Would anyone here trade EE and something for a #1 or solid #2 pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post

Wade Miley is someone I'd be looking at too, along with Patrick Corbin. Both have virtually identical numbers except Corbin strikes out and walks slightly more but also gives up more home-runs.

Also, Arizona are known to be in the market for a shortstop, maybe Escobar plus a prospect could net either Miley or Corbin?
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Would there be absolutely anything wrong with the Jays trading for Upton and signing Hamilton? Hamilton, Upton and Bautista outfield would be the most ridiculous trio in a long-time.

Now having said that, its not gonna happen
    lawrie
    Upton
    bautista
    Hamitlon
    EE
    ortiz

vCash
    ^ amazing lineup that could realistically happen, but again doubt it does...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bljay29 View Post
    go after Josh Hamilton to play LF, trade Rasmus and a prospect to snag a quality SP, look into what Grienke is after money wise.. I am not trading Hech/Gose/Sierra.. I would also look at trading TDA and Escobar for a SP if Grienke's price tag is to high, then sign Scutaro to play 2nd.. I would also go after Ortiz with a 2yr offer..

My line-up
    1-Gose
    2-Lawrie
    3-Bautista
    4-Hamilton
    5-EE
    6-Ortiz
    7-Scutaro/Escobar
    8-JP
    9-Hech

I know I didn't name the starters I'd trade for but I hate saying trade Rasmus to M's for King Felix cause it will take more then Rasmus and no idea if Felix is available etc.. But I do think to be safe the Jays need to add 2 good SP's
    Let me get this straight; you would trade Travis d'Arnaud, but not Anthony Gose, Adeiny Hechavarria and Moises Sierra?

Da ****, man. Da ****.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast