Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Many Games Will The Rangers Win Versus The Rays?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

0 0%
  • One

2 100.00%
  • Two

0 0%
  • Three

0 0%
    vCash

Rangers vs Rays Official Game Thread

Texas Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Rays

Friday, September 7, 7:10 PM ET, Tropicana Field

Derek Holland, LHP
    10-6, 4.79 ERA

Holland is 3-0 with a 3.60 ERA in his past three games after holding the Indians to two runs in seven innings on Sunday. He is 5-2 with a 4.10 ERA in 10 starts on the road. He is 1-1 with a 5.54 ERA in two starts against the Rays this year.

Jeremy Hellickson, RHP
    8-10, 3.41 ERA

Hellickson notched his 16th quality start of the season Friday in Toronto, but came away with his 10th loss of the season after holding the Blue Jays to two runs in six innings. He is 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA in one career start against Texas.

Saturday, September 8, 7:10 PM ET, Tropicana Field

Yu Darvish, RHP
    14-9, 4.29 ERA

Darvish is 3-1 with a 2.93 ERA in his past four starts. During that stretch, he has fanned 11.1 batters per nine innings and held opponents to a .184 batting average. He beat the Rays when he faced them on Aug. 28, allowing two walks and fanning 10.

Chris Archer, RHP
    0-2, 3.86 ERA

A 23-year-old rookie, Archer will make his third career start in place of David Price, who has a sore shoulder. He had a 3.66 ERA in 25 starts for Triple-A Durham this season, his seventh in the Minors.

Sunday, September 9, 1:40 PM ET, Tropicana Field

Roy Oswalt, RHP
    4-2, 5.85 ERA

Oswalt last started Aug. 23, a no-decision in the Rangers' win over the Twins. He lasted 5 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs on seven hits and one walk with four strikeouts.

James Shields, RHP
    13-8, 3.88 ERA
    In his last start, Shields threw eight innings of three-run ball en route to a win over the Yankees, striking out five to go along with five hits and three walks.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    i think we only take the Darvish game unfortunately....also, its funny how we keep basking MY and he does something to help the team every time lol

vCash
    Mark Lowe....go away FOREVER

vCash
    Thanks Wash for having Lowe and Kirkman out there when it mattered most. idiot.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Those two need to get out of Wash's dumb *** fraternity.

vCash
    well that game was absolutely pathetic....prob the worst game of the year so far.....2 hits and allowing 3 HRs to Upton!?!?!?! give me a break

vCash
    Let's just make Oswalt miss the plane or something. Absolutely despise that guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zdennis24 View Post
    Let's just make Oswalt miss the plane or something. Absolutely despise that guy.
    I would give anything to have a healthy Colby and/or Feliz on this team right now.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington