Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Many Games Will The Rangers Win Versus The Royals?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

0 0%
  • One

0 0%
  • Two

0 0%
  • Three

5 100.00%
  • Four

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Rangers vs Royals Official Game Thread

Texas Rangers vs. Kansas City Royals

Monday, September 3, 1:10 PM CT, Kauffman Stadium

Yu Darvish, RHP
    13-9, 4.31 ERA

Darvish won his last time out and set the Rangers' rookie record for wins in a season. He needs eight more K's for 190 and another Rangers rookie record. He is 2-1 with a 2.61 ERA in his last three starts and 4-7 with a 4.52 ERA in 12 away starts.

Bruce Chen, LHP
    10-10, 5.13 ERA

Chen pitched his best game of the season on Wednesday night against the Tigers, holding them scoreless for eight innings on four hits. He made 100 pitches, issued just one walk and used his variance of speeds to optimal effect.

Tuesday, September 4, 7:10 PM CT, Kauffman Stadium

Matt Harrison, LHP
    15-8, 3.30 ERA

Harrison lost his previous start, to the Rays, and went 3-2 with a 3.69 ERA in August. He is 10-4 with a 3.05 ERA on the road. He has made five starts and one relief appearance vs. the Royals in his career and is 3-1 with a 4.25 ERA against them.

Jeremy Guthrie, RHP
    3-3, 3.86 ERA

Guthrie rebounded from a rough outing against Boston with 7 1/3 strong innings to beat the Tigers on Thursday for his third win with the Royals, who won in each of his last five starts.

Wednesday, September 5, 7:10 PM CT, Kauffman Stadium

Ryan Dempster, RHP
    4-1, 4.58

Dempster is 4-1 with a 4.58 ERA in six starts since joining the Rangers. He has a three-game win streak, with a 1.35 ERA, after going 1-1 with an 8.31 ERA in his first three starts for Texas. He is 1-0 with a 4.50 ERA in two career starts against KC.

Will Smith, LHP
    4-7, 5.45 ERA

Will has enjoyed success in television, film, music and now baseball. In April 2007, Newsweek called him the most powerful actor in Hollywood. Smith has been nominated for four Golden Globe Awards, two Academy Awards, and has won four Grammy Awards.

In the late 1980s, Smith achieved modest fame as a rapper under the name The Fresh Prince. In 1990, his popularity increased dramatically when he starred in the popular television series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. The show ran for nearly six years (19901996) on NBC and has been syndicated consistently on various networks since then. In the mid-1990s, Smith moved from television to film, and ultimately starred in numerous blockbuster films. He is the only actor to have eight consecutive films gross over $100 million in the domestic box office and the only one to have eight consecutive films in which he starred open at #1 spot in the domestic box office tally.

Thursday, September 6, 7:10 PM CT, Kauffman Stadium

Scott Feldman, RHP
    6-11, 5.01

Feldman is 0-5 with a 6.35 ERA in his past five starts after a 4-3 loss to the Indians on Saturday. He's now 2-5 with a 6.19 ERA in eight starts and three relief appearances on the road. He's 3-2 in 13 games in his career against the Royals.

Luke Hochevar, RHP
    7-13, 5.34 ERA

Hochevar allowed eight runs (all earned) over 1.2 innings and was the losing pitcher Saturday (9/1) against the Twins.
    Last edited by Cursed Rangers; 09-02-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    A's versus Angels this week. Who will you be rooting for?

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    If Feldman has another bad game, I would not be surprised to see him go back to the pen with Oswalt taking his place.

vCash
    3 out of 4. Will lose the Feldman game.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    these games are going to be a score fest for the Rangers.....i cant wait!

vCash
    I just hope Profar gets to play 2 out of these 4. Young and Cruz don't deserve to be everyday players at this point. Would eventually like to see this lineup. But it wont happen.

1. Kinsler- 2B
    2. Evlis- SS
    3. Hambone- CF
    4. Beltre- 3B
    5. Murphy- LF
    6. Moreland- RF
    7. Soto- C
    8. Olt- 1B
    9. Profar- DH
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Please let Perez take Feldman's spot

vCash
    The A's have now won 9 straight games. For the first time in a long time, I am going to be rooting for the Angels this week. The A's are making a run that is eerily similar to what the Giants and Cardinals have done the past 2 years. They do have a fairly hard schedule from here on out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    I just hope Profar gets to play 2 out of these 4. Young and Cruz don't deserve to be everyday players at this point. Would eventually like to see this lineup. But it wont happen.

1. Kinsler- 2B
    2. Evlis- SS
    3. Hambone- CF
    4. Beltre- 3B
    5. Murphy- LF
    6. Moreland- RF
    7. Soto- C
    8. Olt- 1B
    9. Profar- DH
    Yeah no way Young sits. It's ridiculous how often he plays. My theory is that MY blackmailed Wash into playing him everyday. Maybe Young has some evidence of Wash's drug use that he'll leak if he doesn't play everyday.

vCash
    lol highly doubtful.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Profar just had one hell of a debut, and he is not in the line up today? I could understand a pennant race, and playing an above .500 team, but it's the Royals... Don't worry though MY gets to DH...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TS8821 View Post
    Profar just had one hell of a debut, and he is not in the line up today? I could understand a pennant race, and playing an above .500 team, but it's the Royals... Don't worry though MY gets to DH...
    agreed, he deserved to play today after his great debut. Why not give Kinsler at least one more day of rest with his sore back? Now that we have depth with the expanding rosters we can afford to do that now.....at least Olt made the start, but I think Wash is hurting him by not giving him more AB. Might as well have let him play in the fall league to get more reps instead of having him rot on the bench. I just dont get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    agreed, he deserved to play today after his great debut. Why not give Kinsler at least one more day of rest with his sore back? Now that we have depth with the expanding rosters we can afford to do that now.....at least Olt made the start, but I think Wash is hurting him by not giving him more AB. Might as well have let him play in the fall league to get more reps instead of having him rot on the bench. I just dont get it.
    I think I would have at the least let him DH today, but most likely had Kins DH'ing and Profar batting lead off and playing 2nd.. I don't understand what the point of letting him sit today was considering it's playing one of the lesser opponents of the league. Just mind boggling

/EDIT

especially when the kid is rated the #1 prospect, i'm just tired of Wash riding MY's jock.. Love "face" but I actually want to win a world series instead of attend this year..
    Last edited by TS8821; 09-03-2012 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    Olt almost had that homerun. Just foul.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Olt almost had that homerun. Just foul.
    he needs to get his first one out of the way....I think he also needs a multi hit game to get him goin, but hard to do that when he never plays

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast