Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Okay well stats don't lie, i had no idea Looch had that many assists over marchand, i figured goals but assists, wow....So looch is more productive in the reg season but Marchand is in the playoffs while Looch dissapears so i'd call it a wash when it comes to productivity and i'd give Marchand a slight advantage defensively, he has had a better plus minus and he is pretty decent on the PK where Looch really isnt.. (all my opinion obviously not trying to pick fights)
    Playoff wise there actually very similar.

Marchand = .66 PPG
    Lucic = .56 PPG

Remember though that Lucic has nearly double the playoff GP then Marchand. Between the two Lucic is a rare commodity in the NHL.

The major difference and one key reason I see Lucic getting more money then Marchand.....Not a lot of teams in the NHL have a 6'4 LW who can score 30 goals put up 60 points all while physically dominating (when he wants) and intimidating the opposition night in and night out

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Playoff wise there actually very similar.

Marchand = .66 PPG
    Lucic = .56 PPG

Remember though that Lucic has nearly double the playoff GP then Marchand. Between the two Lucic is a rare commodity in the NHL.

The major difference and one key reason I see Lucic getting more money then Marchand.....Not a lot of teams in the NHL have a 6'4 LW who can score 30 goals put up 60 points all while physically dominating (when he wants) and intimidating the opposition night in and night out
    plus over 100 penalty minutes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    YES YES YES YES YES!!!!

Bit of an overpayment but say what you will...every shift you notice Marchand out there...you can't say that for a lot of other players in the NHL...and he is a very valuable piece to our team...him and Bergeron single handedly won us game 7 of the stanley cup...so happy he is here
    He is the anti-Ryder.

I'm not starting a Ryder sucks debate, but you have to admit Marchand is the antithesis of Ryder.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Marchand & Bergeron single handedly won game 7??
    so the shut out had nothing to do with it??
    Thomas & Chara were the biggest reason we won the cup & Krejci was our best forward

anyway i thought this was an over payment.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 09-08-2012 at 04:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Marchand & Bergeron single handedly won game 7??
    so the shut out had nothing to do with it??
    Thomas & Chara were the biggest reason we won the cup & Krejci was our best forward

anyway i thought this was an over payment.
    There are no passengers on a cup winning team. Everyone contributed in some facet to the championship. Some players stepped on more than others but it is an obvious team effort.

I also think it is an over-payment but it isn't like it is my money so whatever

vCash
    You could definitely argue an overpayment, but based off recent deals it's 500k-1m max so I'm not gonna complain too much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    You could definitely argue an overpayment, but based off recent deals it's 500k-1m max so I'm not gonna complain too much
    The only reason this figure makes me uncomfortable is the precedent it sets for the other players up for new deals.

If Marchand makes $4.5 what does Lucic and Horton make? $5.5-$6.0? I myself think they are better players than Marchand and more valuable but that is just my opinion and does necessarily reflect the management's plans.

This however, does not make me nervous about Seguin as I expect him to be paid $6.0+ million. I expect him to be the highest paid forward when all is said and done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    There are no passengers on a cup winning team. Everyone contributed in some facet to the championship. Some players stepped on more than others but it is an obvious team effort.

I also think it is an over-payment but it isn't like it is my money so whatever
    I agree
    I was responding to "him and Bergeron single handedly won us game 7 of the stanley cup" Hockeyras
    without using the quote because its a small thread

vCash
    Lucic might get to 5.5.. Horton will get nowhere near that. One could probably argue Horton will get less than Marchand.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Lucic might get to 5.5.. Horton will get nowhere near that. One could probably argue Horton will get less than Marchand.
    If Chiarelli goes into negotiations offering less than 4.5, Horton won't be around much longer

vCash
    If Chiarelli goes into negotiations offering less than 4.5, Horton won't be around much longer
    Horton has been less effective for the Bruins than Marchand has in the same span though is what I mean. I don't expect him to get less, I just don't think he deserves more. Right around 4.5 seems correct. He's a huge injury risk and Marchand just came off of a better season than Horton had the season before he was injured. I could also be wrong, but Marchand has been a better playoff player too I think (outside of Horton's clutch goals of course), and Marchand is better defensively, though he takes some dumb penalties. Not to mention Marchand is 3 years younger and scored more single season goals this past season (the season of his extension, thus his value being at an all time high) than Horton has since 2006 (Horton's value currently at an all-time low I would say)

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Horton is going to be unique when negotiating. He's 27 years old and is a 25/30 guy. The biggest downside is that he's had two concussions. Now if he comes out and shows he's healthy and can still be a 25/30 guy then $5 million is not unrealistic. If he's continues to have issues or take a drop in production $4.5 is the max I'd go with him

vCash
    Um Horton was clutch in those playoffs and our offense is not even close to being the same without him

With that said I want to see him play most of the season before any type of offer is made. Offensively Horty > Marchand Overall Marchand > Horty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Um Horton was clutch in those playoffs and our offense is not even close to being the same without him

With that said I want to see him play most of the season before any type of offer is made. Offensively Horty > Marchand Overall Marchand > Horty
    Concussion >>> '10-'11 Playoff Performance

We put way to much stock into playoff performance. I remember when we signed Krejci to his extension. Everyone thought it was great because he was a beast in the playoffs and nearly averaged a PPG. In this years playoff 1G/2A and was nearly invisible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Concussion >>> '10-'11 Playoff Performance

We put way to much stock into playoff performance. I remember when we signed Krejci to his extension. Everyone thought it was great because he was a beast in the playoffs and nearly averaged a PPG. In this years playoff 1G/2A and was nearly invisible.
    Missing Horton and Seguin not playing on his line didn't help

I agree that his concussion plays a big part on what he should get. But if he plays healthy and well for 6 months I would kick the tires on an extention

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast