Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Bruins resign Marchand

4 year extension through 2016-17

Looks like $4.5 per
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

vCash
    4.5/yr

I was literally making this thread at the same time as you Dan! Lol

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    4.5/yr

I was literally making this thread at the same time as you Dan! Lol
    Lol we'll share the credit on this
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

vCash
    Thank ****, i love this kid (and i bought his jersey last year and i've bought Bruins jerseys before)

Samsonov Jersey --> traded
    Kessel Jersey --> traded

Finally i get money's worth out of a jersey

vCash
    I'll trade you a Lucic winter classic jersey for them both

Love the deal, 4.5 is a lot of money but when you can score, hit, and play good defensive hockey it's pretty well worth it. Kinda wish it was 5/6 years but that's a small detail.

vCash
    slightly higher than i wanted, but on the open market he would get that or even 5. Good to know he's around for a while.

vCash
    Little more than I would have paid him but a player who can score goals, play a sound two way game, and piss off the opposing players like he does is hard to find.

Nice to see the Bruins making commitments to the right guys

vCash
    Nice to have Marchy here for a while more. The contract could be valuable in a couple of seasons.

vCash
    So there has to be more moves made to address the salary cap. I know we are way over right now. Thomas gets moved/deferred? Savard to LTIR? Is that enough?

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres:23557306
    So there has to be more moves made to address the salary cap. I know we are way over right now. Thomas gets moved/deferred? Savard to LTIR? Is that enough?
    Marchand's extension doesn't kick in until after next season. He still has one year on his current deal. At that point Thomas would be off the books anyways.

It isn't something to worry about at this time but will have to be managed after the season is over.

vCash
    this is a good price, right around where he should have been anticipated. Marchand is a solid first but good second line player and does it all. He's a crucial piece. Puts Lucic at around 5M per I'm guessing.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    I think i'm in the boat that if Marchand gets 4.5, looch should get slightly less like 4-4.3 range....I believe Marchand has been a better overall and more productive player (especially in the playoffs) my list of players to resign now goes:

Seguin
    Rask (1 year deal this year but for next year)
    Ference
    Lucic
    Horton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    I think i'm in the boat that if Marchand gets 4.5, looch should get slightly less like 4-4.3 range....I believe Marchand has been a better overall and more productive player (especially in the playoffs) my list of players to resign now goes:

Seguin
    Rask (1 year deal this year but for next year)
    Ference
    Lucic
    Horton
    Lucic past 2 years - 56G/67A/123P

Marchand pas 2 years - 49G/47A/96P

Marchand also takes a lot of dumb penalties, whereas Lucic really doesn't. They are about equal if not a slight adv. to Lucic aswell defensively. Looch is better by a good chunk.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    YES YES YES YES YES!!!!

Bit of an overpayment but say what you will...every shift you notice Marchand out there...you can't say that for a lot of other players in the NHL...and he is a very valuable piece to our team...him and Bergeron single handedly won us game 7 of the stanley cup...so happy he is here
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Lucic past 2 years - 56G/67A/123P

Marchand pas 2 years - 49G/47A/96P

Marchand also takes a lot of dumb penalties, whereas Lucic really doesn't. They are about equal if not a slight adv. to Lucic aswell defensively. Looch is better by a good chunk.
    Okay well stats don't lie, i had no idea Looch had that many assists over marchand, i figured goals but assists, wow....So looch is more productive in the reg season but Marchand is in the playoffs while Looch dissapears so i'd call it a wash when it comes to productivity and i'd give Marchand a slight advantage defensively, he has had a better plus minus and he is pretty decent on the PK where Looch really isnt.. (all my opinion obviously not trying to pick fights)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast