Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    There is no real way of telling. Perhaps if Smith was put into a QB friendly offense and was able to sit and learn behind a great QB and Rodgers was forced into a starting role....haha I can't even finish. Smith is garbage.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    Mad Seahawks fans jealous we have an actual quarterback
    Nah Seahawks paid all that money for Matt Flynn though. It's not like he is going to be the backup or anything. He's a real QB.

Next you're going to tell me the Seahawks decided to start a rookie midget QB over him, get real dude.
    U MAD LAKERS FANS --- DON'T WORRY THERE'S ALWAYS 2017

SOMETHING TELLS ME DWIGHT HOWARD IS LOVING HIS DECISION RIGHT NOW!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JiffyMix88 View Post
    not just in the woods , but IN THE MUTHA FUKEN WOODS!
    haha damn straight

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    And the lord said Amen.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    rodgers is, always has been and always wilkl be better than alex smith
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Arod plays for the Yankees, if you mean Alex (tiny hands) Smith vs Discount Double check then no contest-the discount double douche wins hands down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thrice4 View Post
    We all remember the draft where Alex Smith got drafted one overall and Aaron got picked by the packers to be a backup.
    I don't remember this.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    Gruden was terrible at grooming young QBs. So Smith is likely doomed to mediocrity in Tampa too.

Favre probably retires a Packer in 2010 in this what-if, but not after failing a few more years in the playoffs. Then I guess Flynn takes over? He was drafted in 2008, but hadn't looked good until that 2010 season.

As far as Rodgers, he probably bombs in the beginning with the 49ers. Although largely forgotten now, he was awful those first few years with GB. It wasn't really until 2007 that he was ready to be a starting QB. So there is a chance that he rebounds around then and ends up having a pretty good career. Maybe nowhere near where he is now, but still better than Alex Smith.

Gruden may be bad at grooming young QB's, but trust me, 2005-2010 in SF was THAT bad to where Gruden in Tampa would have looked like paradise for any young QB. Would you rather have Gruden than Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary? Thought so. And you make the point about Rodgers being awful first few years in GB which was true, but that's how it was supposed to be. He was just a young QB that was being groomed properly. When you have a young high picked QB, sit em, groom em, let em watch for a few years, let them learn the system. McCarthy and GB did exactly what you're supposed to do with a young QB. First of all, by 2007, it was Rodgers third year in the SAME system whereas in SF, it was Smith's 3rd system in 3 years. Rodgers got to sit, watch, and learn from a legend, Favre...not just how to play, but how to be a professional and come to work every day, study, watch film, etc. Favre didn't want to tutor Rodgers, but just being around Favre was a blessing for Rodgers. Who did Smith have to look up to? Tim Rattay and Ken Dorsey...not to mention Smith's first career start came 5 games into his rookie season against the dominant Colts while Rodgers' first start came a few years after he was drafted. Looking back on Smith's first few years, it was just absolutely horrific coaching/management by SF. Every coach with a young QB should look at the model that GB and McCarthy set. THAT is how you develop a young QB with potential. SF from 2005-2010 was just absolutely pitiful. No QB would have succeeded there. No QB.
    Last edited by tapajafri; 09-08-2012 at 01:59 PM.

vCash
    ...is this even a debate?

Al Davis. Love him or hate him, respect him for what he did for the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I don't remember this.
    you must be 6...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thrice4 View Post
    you must be 6...
    I'm 11.5 thank you very much.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    After P_willie monster destroys A-Rod's leg like Joe Theisman tomorrow, Alex Smith will have the longer/better career. He's going to set records throwing touchdowns to old-@$$ Randy Moss and VD. He's going to have 123 qb rating and throw for 7,000 yards this year with 51 TD's. Then he's going to win the SB/MVP and then retro-actively win the Heisman. He will be so awesome that he will take back Lebron's ring and crown him ringless once more. This is the power of Alex Smith. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Now that my high is wearing off, my dog has a better arm than Alex Smith and my dog's been dead for 7 years. Hell, I didn't really even have a dog.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    These threads are awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    Now that my high is wearing off, my dog has a better arm than Alex Smith and my dog's been dead for 7 years. Hell, I didn't really even have a dog.
    Sig'd.

Al Davis. Love him or hate him, respect him for what he did for the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    Gruden may be bad at grooming young QB's, but trust me, 2005-2010 in SF was THAT bad to where Gruden in Tampa would have looked like paradise for any young QB.
    Gruden may be entertaining in the booth, but he was not a very likable coach. Many of his former players have had nothing nice to say about him. Smith would find that environment just as hopeless as the 49ers. Possibly even more so since he'd likely be stuck in Gruden's doghouse.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast