Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where would you rank Grew?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 5

3 10.71%
  • Top 10

19 67.86%
  • Top 12

4 14.29%
  • Top 15

1 3.57%
  • Top 20

1 3.57%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    You know what doesn't come through clearly on a STATLINE?? Dropped passes. You know who only gets about 1/3 of the catches he should have made, but doesn't, recorded on his STATLINE? Pettigrew.
    Not only did I ALREADY BRING UP DROPPED PASSES, saying that was the only difference making Graham a better reciever, but you pulled that 1/3rd stat out of your ***, do not make up numbers when trying to make an argument.

I'm at every game watching every snap buddy, and believe me you see a whole lot less of STATLINES when you're not watching it on TV.
    Yet you think the TE who never blocks is better than the one who is the best blocking TE in the NFL? Seriously? Stop arguing, just stop. It's clear at this point you're just trying to argue to save face, you're wrong, get over it.

You know what else, we probably would do ourselves a disservice trading Kevin Smith for Arian Foster, too. After all, he just succeeds in the Texans' system. He can't hit the deck and throw a chop block like Kevin Smith can.

And forget Clay Matthews. Justin Durant does so much not on the STATLINE, Matthews just excels in the Green Bay system.
    Wow, you're seriously an idiot...

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated, outside of rushing the passer, their LB skills aren't nearly as high as many other LB in the NFL, their rushing ability shows up nice on sack statlines, but when it comes to covering that RB on the screen, or hell, even recognizing a screen, they aren't too hot at it. I've seen Ware miss SO many things that many other LBs would have noticed and saved a first down.

But to try to compare kevin smith(who is a barely average blocker) to Foster who is another average blocker, is just ignorant. It's clear you're just trying to make an idiotic argument and fail at even that.

You don't seem to understand. You see, Foster is leaps and bounds ahead of Smith in terms of running and catching ability. Even if Smith is better at the other things, it doesn't make up for it. Pettigrew compared to Graham on the other hand, are very similar in skill the passing game. I repeat this AGAIN, Graham is used more in the deep passing game than Grew, grew is used more in the short passing game to fake a run game that we do not have. This is the only reason Graham gets such significantly more yardage than Grew gets. The only thing that makes Graham better in recieving is the fact that Grew drops a few too many passes(albeit HEAVILY exaggerated by you), meanwhile Grew also BLOWS Graham out of the water in the blocking department.

If you can't understand this, I'm sorry, you're just a fool.

I don't understand whats hard for you to understand that I say they use Graham like a big reciever, not as a traditional TE like we use Grew.

But hold on, let me guess. Graham is also better than the Likes of Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez right? I mean, look at their best seasons, they don't even compare to Graham.
    Last edited by basch152; 09-19-2012 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

I rest my case.

Scrap Detroit!!

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    2009 - 16.67% drop rate
    2010 - 14.46% drop rate
    2011 - 6.74% drop rate

So he's improved every year.

Compared to Jermichael Finley last year, who everyone thinks is a stud TE:

2011 - 17.91% drop rate
    I'd like to see the actual numbers on those stats. With the growing field relationship between a healthy Stafford and Megatron, it is hard to have a high drop rate when you are not getting the ball as much.

Though with the 5000+ yards Stafford threw last year, it's not like Pettigrew isn't getting a chance at some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyLions View Post
    I'd like to see the actual numbers on those stats. With the growing field relationship between a healthy Stafford and Megatron, it is hard to have a high drop rate when you are not getting the ball as much.

Though with the 5000+ yards Stafford threw last year, it's not like Pettigrew isn't getting a chance at some.
    his receptions go up from 31 rookie year to 71 his second year to 81 last year...not sure exactly what you ment by real numbers.

vCash
    He's definitley in the top 10 and his numbers would probaly justify top 5 if he was on a team with less weapons.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash

I rest my case.
    If you can't see why they're overrated, then my point is proven.

You see, I say they're overrated, that doesn't mean they are bad. Far from it, they are still elite, still at the best of the position(top 3 or 5ish), but where the overrated bit comes in, is where people like you see their statline, which is 15+ sacks, and call them better than linebackers like say, Patrick Willis, who is leagues ahead of players like Ware. Willis is one of the best LBs in coverage, Ware is not, Willis is amazing at recognizing fakes, runs, blocking schemes, screens, etc, Willis is amazing at stopping an RB coming out of the backfield, Ware, not so much. I could go on with that, I really could.

Yet many say Ware is the better player because they look at his statline and see his absurd amounts of sacks, when in reality, Willis is better in about every category than Ware. This is where the overrated bit comes in, it's not that Ware is bad, or not elite, it's that people look at his stats and rate him higher than what he should be.

Graham is in the exact same situation. People look at his statline and say he's one of the best TEs in the league, but he simply isn't. He's a good big reciever, yes, but nothing more than that.

I ask you again, since basically ALL you are going by is stats to say Graham is better(and if you aren't going by stats then tell me, what is Graham better than pettigrew at), do you then also say that Graham is better than Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez? If you do not respond to this question I will just assume you're avoiding the question and can't give a realistic response as to what makes Graham a better overall TE than Pettigrew other than looking at his statline.

vCash
    Thanks for contributing to my sig.

There isn't a single tight end in the league that is more of a threat to score points (you know, the thing that contribute to your score to determine who wins the game at the end?) than Graham. There isn't a single tight end that draws more attention from the defense, than Graham. Not a single tight end who can go up and snag balls down similar to Calvin Johnson and just make defensive schemes look silly, like Graham.

Scrap Detroit!!

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    They only thing I like about pettigrew is when he drops a pass in practice he will do push ups. but he drops alot in the game when it matters he has potential to be a monster though.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash

There isn't a single tight end in the league that is more of a threat to score points (you know, the thing that contribute to your score to determine who wins the game at the end?) than Graham. There isn't a single tight end that draws more attention from the defense, than Graham. Not a single tight end who can go up and snag balls down similar to Calvin Johnson and just make defensive schemes look silly, like Graham.
    umm Graham has 3 big td drops this year already...so lets not overexaggerate here.

vCash

Again, respond to this question or you can't look past statlines -

Quote Originally Posted by basch152
    I ask you again, since basically ALL you are going by is stats to say Graham is better(and if you aren't going by stats then tell me, what is Graham better than pettigrew at), do you then also say that Graham is better than Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez?
    But other than that, you just can't comprehend that players do things that don't show up on statlines that effect games. I can't put it to you any other way, people like you will always just be caught up in statlines, there's nothing I can do to help you.

It just bothers me that because of people like you Graham will go down as a better TE than the likes of Tony Gonzalez, which is a goddamn shame.
    Last edited by basch152; 09-22-2012 at 11:46 PM.

vCash
    Pettigrew is a top 12 TE, but looking at the stats is stupid. The stats are meaningless. They are what they are because of the system.

But Pettigrew's best asset is his blocking. He's a complete TE.

vCash
    well alot of people proble taking him out of there top ten lol

vCash
    Lets not overreact today. He's just needs to learn on how to hang onto the ****ing ball.

**** you

vCash
    too late they already dissing this dude lol

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Lets not overreact today. He's just needs to learn on how to hang onto the ****ing ball.

vCash
    I like Pettigrew as a blocker, and he is a solid tight end...but he's not a very good receiving option. He drops far too many easy catches. I dont care what his drop rate is, Ive watched him drop so many 7 yard passes on those little sit down routes it makes me ill. Its 50 percent of his primary function in this offense, he either blocks in line or chips and then sits down in the soft spot of coverage to act as a check down on nearly every play. He needs to make those uncontested catches 100 percent of the time or he's failing. He's almost never laid out in coverage, and with the other weapons on this offense he should have no problem producing consistently at a high level.

IamDanGill on twitter.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast