Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Will there be a deal in 2012-13?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - This will all be resolved by September 15th

    1 6.25%
  • No - Season will be a full lockout

    3 18.75%
  • Maybe - Season will end up being shortened, but they will play

    12 75.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 102
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,560
    vCash
    1500
    I don't even care anymore. This is the third work stoppage since I've been a fan. Inexcusable. I made a promise that if they came back this year that I would not be spending any money on the product. If they lockout all year, I won't spend money on it next year. Not even $3.00 for a keychain! After the last lockout, the fans came back in droves to forgive and support the league. They don't deserve it this time. I'll always be a fan, but I do hope that attendance drops league-wide when they eventually return. I hope people cancel season tickets, refuse to go to games, stop watching on TV, and stop buying NHL licensed merch. They don't deserve us!

    1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,149
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I don't even care anymore. This is the third work stoppage since I've been a fan. Inexcusable. I made a promise that if they came back this year that I would not be spending any money on the product. If they lockout all year, I won't spend money on it next year. Not even $3.00 for a keychain! After the last lockout, the fans came back in droves to forgive and support the league. They don't deserve it this time. I'll always be a fan, but I do hope that attendance drops league-wide when they eventually return. I hope people cancel season tickets, refuse to go to games, stop watching on TV, and stop buying NHL licensed merch. They don't deserve us!
    I definitely hear ya...but it will most likely go the other way (which in the end is probably for the best). The stats have shown that attendance actually increases after a lockout, and unfortunately for the NHL they have the last 2 lockouts for us to look at stat wise. The NBA had an increase in attendance last year as well. I think there are 2 main reasons for this...1). People want to see the sport so they go back to it. People definitely miss it and all of us can't wait until we get some NHL hockey again. 2). I know I have "saved" a bunch of money this year already by the lockout. Season tickets, food, gas, etc...it all adds up and just means I will have more to spend the next year. I much rather be spending my money on my tickets right now but it is what it is.

    On a side note...interesting to see that a few NHL players are starting to speak up against the NHLPA at this point. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410109 and I believe Mark Recchi had a warning for the NHLPA that they should seriously consider the NHL's past offer.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,149
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410180

    Bolland has found his way into the lockout news

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,709
    vCash
    1275
    This incredibly depressing. I guess I'll ask in here, is it likely that the whole season will be cancelled? It seems as though each side is dug in for the long haul.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,149
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    This incredibly depressing. I guess I'll ask in here, is it likely that the whole season will be cancelled? It seems as though each side is dug in for the long haul.
    At this point I feel like it is probably 70/30 that the season is cancelled. Not much behind those percentages besides the current date, the supposed lack of progress, and my gut.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wrigleyville, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    vCash
    1500
    Usually, in most facets of life... no news = good news.

    In this case, no news = SUCKS.


    I miss hockey, but I'm already getting over it. I traded in and got NHL 13 when it came out thinking this would be resolved by now, Im just too sad to even play it. I think I've played twice.
    Mike P. ~~

    Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,724
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    Usually, in most facets of life... no news = good news.

    In this case, no news = SUCKS.


    I miss hockey, but I'm already getting over it. I traded in and got NHL 13 when it came out thinking this would be resolved by now, Im just too sad to even play it. I think I've played twice.
    I hear that. I used to play everyday with my friends. We switched over to PS3 this year and with no group chat like Xbox has, we don't play as much. I rarely play NHL and usually by now, I've started 5 or 6 different be-a-gms trying to make the Hawks look nasty while still being realistic.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,149
    vCash
    1500
    So many questions would be answered by now...

    Will Crawford bounce back?
    Will Stalberg continue his pace?
    Which rookie would make the team (Morin, Saad, Pirri, etc)?
    How will Toews/Hossa bounce back from concussions?
    How will Kane bounce back?

    Seriously...this sucks.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wrigleyville, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I hear that. I used to play everyday with my friends. We switched over to PS3 this year and with no group chat like Xbox has, we don't play as much. I rarely play NHL and usually by now, I've started 5 or 6 different be-a-gms trying to make the Hawks look nasty while still being realistic.
    Me and my buddy played last night and watched the movie GOON, if you guys haven't seen GOON - check it out. Hillarious hockey movie! One of the best there is.
    Mike P. ~~

    Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,149
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    Me and my buddy played last night and watched the movie GOON, if you guys haven't seen GOON - check it out. Hillarious hockey movie! One of the best there is.
    haha common, Goon is actually a good movie? We are talking about the one with Stifler (Seann William Scott) right?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wrigleyville, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    haha common, Goon is actually a good movie? We are talking about the one with Stifler (Seann William Scott) right?
    It was hillarious bro! Some of those scenes were awesome. But I like stupid poop humor type movies. This one was one of my favorite hockey movies ever. hahah!
    Mike P. ~~

    Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,149
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    It was hillarious bro! Some of those scenes were awesome. But I like stupid poop humor type movies. This one was one of my favorite hockey movies ever. hahah!
    I'll be honest...I wrote it off and didn't even think to watch it. Pretty much like Slap Shot 2 and 3 which I haven't seen and was told how terrible they were. Maybe I'll have to check it out.

    I'll be a tough sell though...my two favorite hockey movies are probably Slap Shop and Youngblood. I suppose I still enjoy a good Mighty Ducks, Mystery Alaska, Miracle, etc because in the end, a hockey movie is a hockey movie. Love Guru doesn't count...and nobody liked Love Guru haha.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,724
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    Me and my buddy played last night and watched the movie GOON, if you guys haven't seen GOON - check it out. Hillarious hockey movie! One of the best there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    haha common, Goon is actually a good movie? We are talking about the one with Stifler (Seann William Scott) right?
    Yes, Goon is in fact a pretty solid movie. Synister, are you on PS3?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    West suburbs of Chicago
    Posts
    45
    vCash
    1500
    Goon ftw!

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wrigleyville, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I'll be honest...I wrote it off and didn't even think to watch it. Pretty much like Slap Shot 2 and 3 which I haven't seen and was told how terrible they were. Maybe I'll have to check it out.

    I'll be a tough sell though...my two favorite hockey movies are probably Slap Shop and Youngblood. I suppose I still enjoy a good Mighty Ducks, Mystery Alaska, Miracle, etc because in the end, a hockey movie is a hockey movie. Love Guru doesn't count...and nobody liked Love Guru haha.
    Dude, if you havent' seen it - do EET! Thread here on PSD about it, and everyone tends to agree it was funny haha

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=784480

    If you are looking for a Mystery Alaska or Miracle type movie, this isnt it. This is right on line with Slapshot style
    Mike P. ~~

    Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •