Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will there be a deal in 2012-13?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - This will all be resolved by September 15th

1 6.25%
  • No - Season will be a full lockout

3 18.75%
  • Maybe - Season will end up being shortened, but they will play

12 75.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't even care anymore. This is the third work stoppage since I've been a fan. Inexcusable. I made a promise that if they came back this year that I would not be spending any money on the product. If they lockout all year, I won't spend money on it next year. Not even $3.00 for a keychain! After the last lockout, the fans came back in droves to forgive and support the league. They don't deserve it this time. I'll always be a fan, but I do hope that attendance drops league-wide when they eventually return. I hope people cancel season tickets, refuse to go to games, stop watching on TV, and stop buying NHL licensed merch. They don't deserve us!

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I don't even care anymore. This is the third work stoppage since I've been a fan. Inexcusable. I made a promise that if they came back this year that I would not be spending any money on the product. If they lockout all year, I won't spend money on it next year. Not even $3.00 for a keychain! After the last lockout, the fans came back in droves to forgive and support the league. They don't deserve it this time. I'll always be a fan, but I do hope that attendance drops league-wide when they eventually return. I hope people cancel season tickets, refuse to go to games, stop watching on TV, and stop buying NHL licensed merch. They don't deserve us!
    I definitely hear ya...but it will most likely go the other way (which in the end is probably for the best). The stats have shown that attendance actually increases after a lockout, and unfortunately for the NHL they have the last 2 lockouts for us to look at stat wise. The NBA had an increase in attendance last year as well. I think there are 2 main reasons for this...1). People want to see the sport so they go back to it. People definitely miss it and all of us can't wait until we get some NHL hockey again. 2). I know I have "saved" a bunch of money this year already by the lockout. Season tickets, food, gas, etc...it all adds up and just means I will have more to spend the next year. I much rather be spending my money on my tickets right now but it is what it is.

On a side note...interesting to see that a few NHL players are starting to speak up against the NHLPA at this point. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410109 and I believe Mark Recchi had a warning for the NHLPA that they should seriously consider the NHL's past offer.

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410180

Bolland has found his way into the lockout news

vCash
    This incredibly depressing. I guess I'll ask in here, is it likely that the whole season will be cancelled? It seems as though each side is dug in for the long haul.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    This incredibly depressing. I guess I'll ask in here, is it likely that the whole season will be cancelled? It seems as though each side is dug in for the long haul.
    At this point I feel like it is probably 70/30 that the season is cancelled. Not much behind those percentages besides the current date, the supposed lack of progress, and my gut.

vCash
    Usually, in most facets of life... no news = good news.

In this case, no news = SUCKS.

I miss hockey, but I'm already getting over it. I traded in and got NHL 13 when it came out thinking this would be resolved by now, Im just too sad to even play it. I think I've played twice.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    Usually, in most facets of life... no news = good news.

In this case, no news = SUCKS.

I miss hockey, but I'm already getting over it. I traded in and got NHL 13 when it came out thinking this would be resolved by now, Im just too sad to even play it. I think I've played twice.
    I hear that. I used to play everyday with my friends. We switched over to PS3 this year and with no group chat like Xbox has, we don't play as much. I rarely play NHL and usually by now, I've started 5 or 6 different be-a-gms trying to make the Hawks look nasty while still being realistic.

vCash
    So many questions would be answered by now...

Will Crawford bounce back?
    Will Stalberg continue his pace?
    Which rookie would make the team (Morin, Saad, Pirri, etc)?
    How will Toews/Hossa bounce back from concussions?
    How will Kane bounce back?

Seriously...this sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I hear that. I used to play everyday with my friends. We switched over to PS3 this year and with no group chat like Xbox has, we don't play as much. I rarely play NHL and usually by now, I've started 5 or 6 different be-a-gms trying to make the Hawks look nasty while still being realistic.
    Me and my buddy played last night and watched the movie GOON, if you guys haven't seen GOON - check it out. Hillarious hockey movie! One of the best there is.
    Mike P. ~~

vCash
    Me and my buddy played last night and watched the movie GOON, if you guys haven't seen GOON - check it out. Hillarious hockey movie! One of the best there is.
    haha common, Goon is actually a good movie? We are talking about the one with Stifler (Seann William Scott) right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    haha common, Goon is actually a good movie? We are talking about the one with Stifler (Seann William Scott) right?
    It was hillarious bro! Some of those scenes were awesome. But I like stupid poop humor type movies. This one was one of my favorite hockey movies ever. hahah!
    Mike P. ~~

vCash
    It was hillarious bro! Some of those scenes were awesome. But I like stupid poop humor type movies. This one was one of my favorite hockey movies ever. hahah!
    I'll be honest...I wrote it off and didn't even think to watch it. Pretty much like Slap Shot 2 and 3 which I haven't seen and was told how terrible they were. Maybe I'll have to check it out.

I'll be a tough sell though...my two favorite hockey movies are probably Slap Shop and Youngblood. I suppose I still enjoy a good Mighty Ducks, Mystery Alaska, Miracle, etc because in the end, a hockey movie is a hockey movie. Love Guru doesn't count...and nobody liked Love Guru haha.

vCash
    Yes, Goon is in fact a pretty solid movie. Synister, are you on PS3?

vCash
    Goon ftw!

vCash
    I'll be honest...I wrote it off and didn't even think to watch it. Pretty much like Slap Shot 2 and 3 which I haven't seen and was told how terrible they were. Maybe I'll have to check it out.

I'll be a tough sell though...my two favorite hockey movies are probably Slap Shop and Youngblood. I suppose I still enjoy a good Mighty Ducks, Mystery Alaska, Miracle, etc because in the end, a hockey movie is a hockey movie. Love Guru doesn't count...and nobody liked Love Guru haha.
    Dude, if you havent' seen it - do EET! Thread here on PSD about it, and everyone tends to agree it was funny haha

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=784480

If you are looking for a Mystery Alaska or Miracle type movie, this isnt it. This is right on line with Slapshot style
    Mike P. ~~

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast