Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3589 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25893089348935393579358735883589359035913599363936894089 ... LastLast
Results 53,821 to 53,835 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    It was hillarious bro! Some of those scenes were awesome. But I like stupid poop humor type movies. This one was one of my favorite hockey movies ever. hahah!
    I'll be honest...I wrote it off and didn't even think to watch it. Pretty much like Slap Shot 2 and 3 which I haven't seen and was told how terrible they were. Maybe I'll have to check it out.

I'll be a tough sell though...my two favorite hockey movies are probably Slap Shop and Youngblood. I suppose I still enjoy a good Mighty Ducks, Mystery Alaska, Miracle, etc because in the end, a hockey movie is a hockey movie. Love Guru doesn't count...and nobody liked Love Guru haha.

Me and my buddy played last night and watched the movie GOON, if you guys haven't seen GOON - check it out. Hillarious hockey movie! One of the best there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    haha common, Goon is actually a good movie? We are talking about the one with Stifler (Seann William Scott) right?
    Yes, Goon is in fact a pretty solid movie. Synister, are you on PS3?

Finally had a weekend to relax and watch the college hockey games NBCSports had. One prospect from the Hawks definitely stood out to me. Kevin Hayes.

I'm not a big fan of Jimmy Hayes, but Kevin Hayes is looking like a solid prospect for the future. Watching him the last two nights with BC vs BU and he has looked good. Big body, hits, strong stride, strong on his feet, good shot...I like what I see. Also, he is used on the PP as a big body in front of the net and even on his offside at times for a one timer shot.

In terms of Jimmy Hayes...I think he can be an NHL player but he gets knocked off his feet (and the puck) just too easily. He isn't the strongest skater out there and being a big guy he needs to work on being able to protect the puck better. He does have some soft hands for a big guy and a nice shot though. From what I have seen, Kevin plays bigger than his brother, Jimmy just doesn't seem to use his body that often like he should at his height.

Not very high on Jimmy...but definitely liking Kevin

Goon ftw!

I'll be honest...I wrote it off and didn't even think to watch it. Pretty much like Slap Shot 2 and 3 which I haven't seen and was told how terrible they were. Maybe I'll have to check it out.

I'll be a tough sell though...my two favorite hockey movies are probably Slap Shop and Youngblood. I suppose I still enjoy a good Mighty Ducks, Mystery Alaska, Miracle, etc because in the end, a hockey movie is a hockey movie. Love Guru doesn't count...and nobody liked Love Guru haha.
    Dude, if you havent' seen it - do EET! Thread here on PSD about it, and everyone tends to agree it was funny haha

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=784480

If you are looking for a Mystery Alaska or Miracle type movie, this isnt it. This is right on line with Slapshot style
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Yes, Goon is in fact a pretty solid movie. Synister, are you on PS3?
    I have a PS3 account, but I'll be honest I'm not good at video games. I love playing NHL though, still suck haha!

My name on there is synisterDMA

Mike P. ~~

I have a PS3 account, but I'll be honest I'm not good at video games. I love playing NHL though, still suck haha!

My name on there is synisterDMA

I'm TPOEJ6489. I'm not very good either. Just love playing the games. Me and a couple of my buddies have an EASHL team.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I'm TPOEJ6489. I'm not very good either. Just love playing the games. Me and a couple of my buddies have an EASHL team.
    Next time I pop the game in, Ill look you up
    Mike P. ~~

So close...yet so far away.

If this doesn't get done by Friday, then I truly feel like the season is as good as gone.

So close...yet so far away.

If this doesn't get done by Friday, then I truly feel like the season is as good as gone.
    I agree. Im sure well find out tomorrow and if it isnt done, then there is no way they play this season.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Welp, see you guys next year.

In my opinion the Fehr ****ed everything up yesterday. The players were ready to play but Fehr said they could get more out of the owners and look what happened.

Ive been against the owners this entire time but ****, this past week was the nhlpa's fault and it was all because of Fehr.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

A whole lot of Fehr bashing going on today. A lot of quotes coming out saying players were ready. Definitely not good to hear.

If anyone needs to know more, just about every blogger at HB is ripping on Fehr with "quotes" from players/sources.

Top 5 Favorite Blackhawks of All-Time

Things around here are really slow, so let's have some fun. I've been watching some classic goals, fights, and game clips on YouTube lately in order to fill my NHL void. In all of the public bickering that's been going on and my own general disdain for the league right now, it's been easy to forget just how much I've loved this team for the last 20 years of my life. So, let's all name our top 5 favorite Blackhawks and why we still love them!

1. Jeremy Roenick
    He was the total package. In my opinion there hasn't been a more entertaining hockey player to put on the Blackhawks sweater since. JR stood out from every other player on the ice in the first Blackhawks game I ever watched. From that moment on, I was hooked! I'll never forget him leaving the game with the help of the trainer after getting knocked unconscious on the ice and breaking his jaw for the first time. One week later, he returned and had a multi-point night against Boston. He played with that jaw piece of his helmet and it didn't change his game at all. He was still reckless. He still threw punishing hits. And I recall him going after Rob Pearson in a game with the Blues at the UC after Pearson had hit Chelios from behind. Roenick was the first to respond, and took a shot to his surgically repaired jaw and still stood in there and pushed back. Heart, excitement, and Chicago through and through. That's what JR was to me!

2. Ed Belfour
    Eddie will always be a Blackhawk to me. In one word -- he was fire! He was competitive, and don't you dare get near his crease. Perhaps the most entertaining goaltender we've ever seen in Chicago. I was crushed when we traded him, especially for such an underwhelming return. No offense to Jeff Hackett, whom I liked, but Eddie was always the better goaltender. Wirtz broke up what could've been a Stanley Cup winner because... well, it doesn't need to be said. We all know.

3. Bob Probert
    Bob was a great man and few knew it. Did you know that he made trips to visit soldiers in Afghanistan? Or that he anonymously paid for a young boy from Los Angeles to have a life-saving surgery? His 1995-96 season was one of the best of his career. Probert scored 19 goals that year, including 3 game-winners. It was nothing short of shameful how the Blackhawks treated him at the end. Bob deserved better than that.

4. Jonathan Toews
    Can't have this list without the first Blackhawk to touch the Stanley Cup in almost 50 years. He's meant more to this organization than any other player in that time span as well. He's no doubt one of the very best captains in the game, and I believe by his career's end he'll be the single greatest captain in Blackhawks history, and have multiple Stanley Cups to his resume as well.

5. Tuomo Ruutu
    Yes, Tuomo Ruutu. He gave us hope. Before there was Toews or Kane, there was Ruutu. The second half of his rookie year was so much fun to watch, and it inspired hope that things were going to change. Even though he was never able to keep that momentum going, I believe he was the guy who began to change the culture of the fans to believe that something better was in our future. For that reason, I'll always remember Ruutu fondly.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015